ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee and Greg Schiano

I think you have to include Urban in there as well. He not only hired those two pedophile enablers, he also let Jay attend practice this year. Urban should be fired!
We shouldn't go there, even jokingly. There are enough social justice Nazis out there looking for any excuse to get rid of people on the wrong end of the intersectionality graph. There's already nutcases from TN looking to have Schiano fired from OSU for....?

Reactions: Nitt1300
If nothing else, I especially like the "distraction" that has now been laid-upon OSU entering the B!G Championship. I love "distractions".
And even though, we're not playing in the game, there will still be plenty of commentary about Penn State. Sweet!

I like the report that says that Tee Martin "has a legit shot" at the UT coaching job....like its some prize and they don't need him way more than he needs them

So each person is only allowed 1 facebook account, and if they have one, then we know anything else with their name on it is fake, not them, and not approved by them?

If those are the rules, this guy needs to know right away. https://www.facebook.com/LarrySchultz4PSU/ :(

Otherwise, how does the fact that there is more than one account prove the one where she slandered Schiano is fake?
So what you're saying is if you hear something bad about a person you don't like or agree with politically, you automatically believe it must be true, and will do all kinds of spinning and twisting to make it fit.

Sounds exactly like the Rocky Top crowd.

R

What I linked was her real Facebook account. If you've been around social media (you admit you don't use Facebook and actually referred to it as twitter in a previous post) it's easy to tell the difference between a real account and a fake one. Also, you said you saw the post. You are definitely smart enough to know that this isn't the same account. also, I don't think it's reasonable to ask a public figure to comment on every internet post made from an account claiming to be her.

Your other points are fair aside from claiming I'm bringing a political viewpoint into the argument. The truth is I didn't even know who this person was, nor do I care. I'm here to talk about football related topics, not politics.

Btw, when I first saw a screenshot of the post I didn't question it's authenticity. I agreed with your stance. Once it became questionable, I went and looked for myself. Upon seeing the full post and the account it was linked to, it was obviously fake. Today, it's gone. Most likely removed by Facebook for being fake. They scrub for fake accounts all day every day.

No way does a public spokesperson, on either side, make a comment like that.
There was a time when public spokespersons did not lie about inaugural crowd sizes, too. That time is over. We're through the looking glass, Skippy.

Reactions: dwiz
So what you're saying is if you hear something bad about a person you don't like or agree with politically, you automatically believe it must be true, and will do all kinds of spinning and twisting to make it fit.

Sounds exactly like the Rocky Top crowd.
No. I need some proof that anything that appears to be her isn't her. The words of one of her bosses supporters are not proof. "No sane spokesperson would do that " is not proof, either.

You can take what they say on faith. I don't.

When Kiffin bolted from Knoxville I thought the way it went down made him look like a jackass devoid of ethics. Given how the UT administration and fanbase have both shown how effed up they are, I can't blame Kiffin for wanting to get the hell out of there.

think about that. if you are making LANE KIFFIN look not so shady, LOL . . . the place is a mess

missed it. assuming he is calling Schiano and Bradley liars.
On page 4 of this thread he opined:

If schiano reported the incident he walked in on even just to joe the ‘01 or I guess it is now the ‘00 incident probably never happens.

Hilarious that schiano gets a free pass only because him lying supposedly helped joe.

No matter what the 15 or so lunatics here will always think Jerry is innocent just so they can feel better about joe

Then he and francofan exchanged pleasantries followed by PeetzPoolBoy sending his unconditional love to towny87.1.

If schiano reported the incident he walked in on even just to joe the ‘01 or I guess it is now the ‘00 incident probably never happens.

Hilarious that schiano gets a free pass only because him lying supposedly helped joe.

No matter what the 15 or so lunatics here will always think Jerry is innocent just so they can feel better about joe

Then he and francofan exchanged pleasantries followed by PeetzPoolBoy sending his unconditional love to towny87.1.

I said this when the story about Schiano/Bradley first broke. If Schiano had seen Jerry abusing a kid, Jerry would, from then on, be taking his meals through a straw, in a wheelchair. I wonder how a certain member of the McQueary family can explain why he isn't.

Tennessee is and will be the bottom of the SEC for a long, long, time. To make things worse they are in the weakest division in a weak conference.
The more they trash PSU the longer i hope they are on the bottom, they will long to get an invite to the Camellia Bowl.

Right now they belong in the chlamyida bowl.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
And here we go. Per footballscoop.

Tennessee: UT chancellor Beverly Davenport did not sign Greg Schiano’s memorandum of understanding, according to a report from ESPN’s Chris Low. Still, lawyers for both sides are expected to argue whether Schiano is owed compensation for the Vols’ breaking of the MOU on Sunday.

Wonder if Towny can tell us when Mike was told of this Schiano incident.

No. I need some proof that anything that appears to be her isn't her. The words of one of her bosses supporters are not proof. "No sane spokesperson would do that " is not proof, either.

You can take what they say on faith. I don't.
Well, it makes no sense to me to create a separate profile-- with your own name-- to make a nasty post. It's less trouble to just make the comment on your regular profile if you really want to.

And next step, making another profile so you can be a troll and argue that it's a fake profile later on doesn't wash either. Besides, she's been arguing the entire weekend with a bunch of democratic pundits over whether she actually baked the pie she posted a photo of on social media.

When Kiffin bolted from Knoxville I thought the way it went down made him look like a jackass devoid of ethics. Given how the UT administration and fanbase have both shown how effed up they are, I can't blame Kiffin for wanting to get the hell out of there.
Now some UT fans want to kiss and make up with him. Believe that he would take the job.

Last edited:
But did she verbally agree to it or did Currie say that she did or would? Those would be interesting questions especially if they had a plane ready to transport Schiano back to TN for a scheduled press conference.
The UT Chancellor apparently did not sign the MOU but the UT Athletic Director (Currie) apparently did sign it. Not sure what other signatures or assurances UT gave Schiano. I think Schiano has a pretty good case regardless.. IMO, the damage he has sustained to his reputation goes well beyond the damage he has incurred from UT withdrawing its offer. That defamation claim presumably applies whether or not UT was contractually obligated to Schiano.

The UT Chancellor apparently did not sign the MOU but the UT Athletic Director (Currie) apparently did sign it. Not sure what other signatures or assurances UT gave Schiano. I think Schiano has a pretty good case regardless.. IMO, the damage he has sustained to his reputation goes well beyond the damage he has incurred from UT withdrawing its offer. That defamation claim presumably applies whether or not UT was contractually obligated to Schiano.
In what world would an AD draw up a MOU and sign it without the blessing of the Chancellor? My guess would be none. So whether she signed it or not, she must have agreed to it. According to reports, a press conference announcing Schiano was set. Wouldn't happen without blessing from the Chancellor. I'm not a lawyer, but sounds like a slam dunk case for Schiano.

But did she verbally agree to it or did Currie say that she did or would? Those would be interesting questions especially if they had a plane ready to transport Schiano back to TN for a scheduled press conference.
There's are several; legal issues to unpack with respect to this situation. Since Schiano's employment contract apparently has a term that exceeds one year, it is probably subject to the State of Tennessee's "statute of frauds," which is a law that requires certain kinds of contracts (including contracts that are for a period in excess of one year) to be in writing and signed "by the party to be charged" in order to be enforceable. The party to be charged is the authorized signatory for UT. Query whether that must be the Chancellor, or whether it could be the Athletic Director alone. In any case, verbal assurances or commitments would probably be unenforceable due to the statute of frauds.

Schiano would presumably assert, at minimum, legal claims for breach of contract (his employment contract), and defamation of character. The latter claim would not depend on the existence of an enforceable contract. The statement that Currie came out with, about having done considerable due diligence and finding no issues whatsoever with Schiano's character or background, was clearly intended to rebut any inference that UT defamed Schiano. But they still did not hire him, and arguably did so because of his history at PSU. That may present some difficult issues of proof for Schiano.

Reactions: Zenophile
There's are several; legal issues to unpack with respect to this situation. Since Schiano's employment contract apparently has a term that exceeds one year, it is probably subject to the State of Tennessee's "statute of frauds," which is a law that requires certain kinds of contracts (including contracts that are for a period in excess of one year) to be in writing and signed "by the party to be charged" in order to be enforceable. The party to be charged is the authorized signatory for UT. Query whether that must be the Chancellor, or whether it could be the Athletic Director alone. In any case, verbal assurances or commitments would probably be unenforceable due to the statute of frauds.

Schiano would presumably assert, at minimum, legal claims for breach of contract (his employment contract), and defamation of character. The latter claim would not depend on the existence of an enforceable contract. The statement that Currie came out with, about having done considerable due diligence and finding no issues whatsoever with Schiano's character or background, was clearly intended to rebut any inference that UT defamed Schiano. But they still did not hire him, and arguably did so because of his history at PSU. That may present some difficult issues of proof for Schiano.
This is a nice summary. Schiano would be wise to pursue action, regardless of how difficult the burden is. Tenn will settle to spin down all the negative media attention. They have to be in a bad place with regard to potential hires for head coach. They were beggars before all of this negative media attention. Now they are toxic because the fans can run a coach off. Their price just went way up for a decent coach to even think about joining that trainwreck.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT