ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee and Greg Schiano

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Controversy already brewing on twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Schiano&s=typd&x=-316&y=-2309

tumblr_nreno0duJh1td0of9o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I mentioned Schiano multiple times last week as being on the short list. UT Was always going to have to settle for their fourth or fifth pick.

I hope they hire him. He was good enough for Meyer, should be good enough in Knoxville. But - this is the false narrative they will beat to death.

It’s program suicide to hire a Schiano yet he and Johnson, Sr. are both on staff at tOSU and it hasn’t hurt them with respect to recruiting. My goodness are people dumb, knee jerk reactionaries. Love the quote by the other guy... “he (Schiano) may have.” Jebus, how does Michigan State skate with how they ignored complaints from ACTUAL victims???

I don’t know how to embed tweets but I saw one that was saying they wanted Shoop over GS. Thanks for the laugh
If on a computer, just copy and paste the link into your post.
If on a mobile device, select "media" icon and paste twitter link into the box.

But I'm not seeing anything that's confirming Schiano to Tennessee as a done deal. There are a few tweets from people citing sources in the UT AD that Schiano is a smoke screen.

Reactions: Zenophile
Perhaps Schiano will tell the truth that the world doesn't realize: not only did Schiano not see anything, but neither did MM. We all pretty much know that based on what MM said, and what the geography was in the locker room, that it was very unlikely that MM saw what he said he saw. Wouldn't it be amusing if Schiano reopened the conversation?

Or, I guess another way to look at it is, MM is destroying another coach. He probably is a bit uncomfortable today.

If Schiano's the choice...just wow. Tennessee has fallen very far. Could they not locate Norvell's phone number. Even Clawson or Martin would be better than this IMO

If Schiano's the choice...just wow. Tennessee has fallen very far. Could they not locate Norvell's phone number. Even Clawson or Martin would be better than this IMO

They have a different opinion and they're the ones signing the checks.

He made Rutgers competitive, he had NFL experience and connections, he has Florida connections, and he has time with Ohio State and Urban Meyer. I'm not sure who you think they could get that's got a better resume than that.

He made Rutgers competitive, he had NFL experience and connections, he has Florida connections, and he has time with Ohio State and Urban Meyer. I'm not sure who you think they could get that's got a better resume than that.

We'll see how it works out for them...my guess--they're looking for another coach within 4 years

I can’t wait 20 years from now when kids on this roster are coaches and people tweet they knew. Sickening idiots tweet stuff without knowing facts.

ADVERTISEMENT