ADVERTISEMENT

Tell us a little about yourself.

I’m 57 and blessed. Started wrestling in second grade due to a recommendation from my pediatrician (His grandson wrestled for PSU in the last 5 years). Wrestled for Danville in its hay day co-captain Jim Martin and Rob Meloys freshman years. 2x state qualifier beat by same guy both years first round (he was a State Champ and EWL champ as a freshman). Alleged reason PA has full wrestle backs. Wrestled 2 years at Clarion, as a freshman was 5-5 including beating Michigan phenom and WWF world champ Scott Reichsteiner. Then wrestled two years in navy, one a club team 18-1 and All Navy team. Didn’t get to wrestle all service championships due to a skin infection. Finished up a three year starter for Lycoming beating several AA’s including the d3 champ. Helped coach elementary program as a volunteer for several years. This week had a Clarion Wrestling reunion with several team mates along with National Champs Gary Barton and Don Rohn. As I said blessed!

I'm 28 and from a small town near Rochester, MN (think Mother Mayo Clinic). Born and raised. Went to college in La Crosse, WI, but spent plenty of time at home, being an hour away. During college, I routinely traveled and went home to coach. I grew up on The Guillotine forums as an obnoxious youth, explaining to jammen what attack rate was and why PSU was infinitely more fun to watch than the Gophers of that era. Became a PSU fan strictly to win a gentlemen's bet with my HS training partner (who later became my college roommate, 2x D3 AA, and Senior Greco wrestler). I came into practice with the Cael news. He poo-poo'd it to be a contrarian jerk (like all good HS male friends). I told him they'd win a title within 5 years. The rest was history.

Played football (much to my own dismay) throughout youth/HS and wrestled all 3 styles from about 5th grade on. Never was much to write home about. I joke with my guys that my crowning achievement was winning the Apple Valley Greco Open inn the 9th grade because I had a 4-man RR with Iowa and Wisconsin represented. Practically a national champ. Yes, I do still have the plaque. Wrestled Greco at Fargo a couple of times with no results. Had very few/minimal injuries throughout my lackluster career. 3 year captain, with what has to be the worst record a captain has ever had in school history. I never wrestled Folk after March, so I coached my friends a lot, growing up. I've had my bronze card since I was in the 10th grade, as one of my coaches was doing a clinic and didn't give me much of a choice of accompanying him and doing to the old school class and test.

Fast-forward to senior year, I finally took the sport very seriously and winning very seriously. Our team did the same. I tear out both shoulders in one season, despite having little to no injuries prior. It was a hard year and time. Never even placed at the qualifier tournament in MN. I don't have a chip on my shoulder or anything.

Immediately, my coaches got me into coaching. When injured my senior year, I got put on scouting/coaching duties. I took over the Freestyle/Greco program before I graduated HS. Coached 10 seasons, since. Expanded it outside of our school to a more "regional" club with a folkstyle Fall/In-Season session that basically started because a bunch of my guys wanted to get together and do open mats on Sundays a few years back. I think we're pretty great, but I'm biased. Real old school group of kids that will tell me how stupid I look or how dumb I sound, but if I tell 'em to adjust their $&#*ing stance down a few inches, they usually listen. Have produced a share of state champs, bunch of placewinners, couple of Fargo AA's, but very few. It's more of a boutique. As the only FT coach, creator, financier, and CEO, I only have about 30 involved each session. It's pretty tight-knit. I have awesome relationships built from it that I'm always grateful for. A couple of my best friends recently took over the JUCO in Rochester (very accomplished, especially for a non-scholarship school), so I'll likely be volunteering and helping with that. Hoping to turn the JUCO into a mini-RTC of sorts.

Outside of all of that, I've begun doing a pretty mediocre job of attempting to brew beer and start a micro-farm in the backyard of the house my buddies and I rent. Watch a fair amount of WWE/AEW wrestling. I teach PE at the elementary level, currently. It's different than coaching, but rewarding in all sorts of other ways. At the end of the day, it's still seeing that light bulb go off and making kids feel positive about/with movement. I don't always love the red tape, but I survive to piss and moan about it. Pretty prolific poster on this forum, if I should say so, myself.

Basically everything you've probably ever thought by reading the posts is likely true.

Basically everything you've probably ever thought by reading the posts is likely true.
So you are saying there is a chance you are really Kanye West?
giphy.gif

Boone, NC has a cool college town vibe. It’s a good bit like State College, but, perhaps only 1/3 the size. The town and college are closely knit and they love their sports. They have a surprising number of cultural events and festivals in Boone. Appy State students and fans are a very proud bunch .... and rightly so because they have a good thing going. Several ski resorts including one that is practically in town. I employed a few Appy State grads over the years (Chemistry) and they showed an earnest work ethic not unlike how PSU grads are viewed. Good luck to your son . . . and enjoy Boone and the surrounding area when you visit.
Thanks. That is the one thing I noticed when we visited. The people who are there are proud to be there and proud of App State. We have our fingers crossed that it works out as well as we are hoping. It has about 17,000 students. What does PSU have? I see they have 76,000 University wide and 40,600(under grads) at university park. I am to sure if that is another name for happy valley or what.

I'm 49 and was born in Maryland, but raised on the Cresson Mountain. Currently live in the Bay Area. I lived all over (TX, AR, GA, DE, PA and CA) for my job. Never wrestled a day in my life besides taking a wrestling class at Lock Haven with Dr. Cox (he wouldn't last a day in todays PC culture) back in 1991. I had some friends that wrestled in high school and I always respected the wrestlers (especially the farm boys). I really became a fan of wrestling when I went to Lock Haven. My roommate wrestled and I used to go to the wrestling house for parties. Goodale was at Lock Haven back then, but I never really cared for him. He was one of the few wrestlers that wasn't very friendly. I transferred to IUP and didn't keep up with LHU as much, but I was sad to see them fall so far. They had some really good teams back then. I still remember hearing about some high school phenom (Kolat) when my roommate was talking about the Mat Town Open. I think WQED would show a Penn State match every once in awhile. Prescott and Sunderland were probably two of the PSU wrestlers that I remember taking an interest in back then. It's crazy that I played basketball in high school and religiously played pick up games when I was younger, but I won't turn on a basketball game if my life depended on it. Now wrestling on the other hand I'm like a crazed lunatic. I must have watched Starocci's and Lee's finals matches 10 times yesterday on my DVR.

I'm 40. I live in central, Pa. I work in technology. I wrestled for 9 years. I went to PSU. I really enjoy the wrestling forum here. It's one of the best forums I participate in. I've been to a number of PSU duals and it's always a great time. I don't know who it was that had cancer and passed away from the board. I was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago though. Hodgekin lymphoma. I am confident that I won't die though so anyone here who is sick and tired of my posts, sorry to disappoint you!

I'm 40. I live in central, Pa. I work in technology. I wrestled for 9 years. I went to PSU. I really enjoy the wrestling forum here. It's one of the best forums I participate in. I've been to a number of PSU duals and it's always a great time. I don't know who it was that had cancer and passed away from the board. I was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago though. Hodgekin lymphoma. I am confident that I won't die though so anyone here who is sick and tired of my posts, sorry to disappoint you!
You're in my prayers Mike. Pastor Mark from my church is going through the same cancer. I heard Pastor David Jeremiah on tv yesterday, talking about having Hodgekin lymphoma and that's been over 20 years ago. Stay strong Mike.

You're in my prayers Mike. Pastor Mark from my church is going through the same cancer. I heard Pastor David Jeremiah on tv yesterday, talking about having Hodgekin lymphoma and that's been over 20 years ago. Stay strong Mike.

Thanks. HL has a very high survival rate. Even stage 4 is like 87% five year survival. I haven't had a follow up with my oncologist yet (that's tomorrow) but I got my PET scan results and read them so I have a very good guess as to where I am. My guess is stage 1 or 2. HL was the first cancer they can cure. From what I understand the treatment is rough but you gotta do what you gotta do. It can't be any harder than sucking weight as a kid though right!? I have a port installed in my chest for chemo so that will make it easier on me.

More District X stud-dom! Without doubt one of the most improbable NCAA runs of all time.
I think my little brother may have beat Barton in a dual. I know it was one of those Clarion national champs, and it certainly wasn't Schalles. He never talks about wrestling so I can't be sure. I do know that there was a year when my bro had wrestled three of the national champs - not in the same year but over his career. Matter and one of those Milkovich's were the others, I think.

Great to hear everyone's stories, backgrounds, and anecdotes. Briefly, I grew up near Bloomsburg, PA (District IV). Started wrestling on Saturdays in elementary school and also on an old mattress in the basement against friends, family, and neighborhood kids. I was hooked from there. Went to a lot of tournaments and camps through junior high and high school (Bloomsburg University; Granby in VA; a takedown and leg wrestling camp in Syracuse etc.).

As a young kid, I attended most every home match at Bloomsburg University and recall the days when they were pretty competitive and, I think, sometimes even ranked in the top 15 or so. The old BU gym used to really rock to echoing cheers and chants when Short Hitchcock (who was a Division I and II National Champ) took the mat. "Here we go Shorty; here we go ..." Iowa even used to come to town once in a while.

Wrestled four years varsity lightweight: 98, 105, 112, and 119. Once got moved up to 132 by the coach to take on a kid from a rival school—recall having to drink a large jug of water just prior to weigh-ins in order to make the minimum weight. Also ran varsity cross country and track. I considered wrestling in college and was accepted to a bunch of schools with programs (Lehigh, Bucknell, others) but grew tired of cutting weight and decided to focus on academics and go out of state to William and Mary (played on the Ultimate Frisbee team there).

I still run distance and have competed in many races from the mile to the marathon. Reside in West Philly (near U. Penn), and I'm a tenured professor at Penn State. Travel a lot and have lived in Germany, China, New York City, and numerous other US cities. Now spend most of my time teaching, writing books and articles, and fixing up an old Victorian house.

Love watching the ascendency of Penn State's wrestling program over the past decade. Have seen the team wrestle at the Keystone Classic in Philly three times and once in a dual at Lehigh but have not yet attended a home match at U. Park.

If you are looking for a novelist who has wrestled and who sometimes refers to wrestling in his works, I recommend John Irving:

What are your thoughts about App State? My son is starting his freshman year there and we think it will be a great place for him.
I am currently spending most of my time in North Carolina. I scouted App. State for my son before he chose to join the Navy as a Nuclear Tech. The campus was secluded and nice. Lots of Home town college pride. Lovely area in the mountains.....hiking etc. Us Olympic Ski training center nearby. Great Football Program, Wrestling Program and most times basketball program. I would imagine your son would enjoy it a lot. I think it will be a great place for many people :).

Reactions: Dogwelder
I am gay but haven’t told my parents yet. I never had a job and live in my parents’ basement, it’s damp n cold down there. I sometimes gag-ball myself. Also known to put on a Wizard of Oz-type/ Dorothy dress, half-tie myself to railroad tracks and “bust free” right before a train hits me. The “damsel in distress” thing really gets me going.
I sleep quite well.
My pronouns are: they/them/theirs
Anyone wanna meet up?
Did WildTurk hack your account ?

65, retired, blessed/grateful/thankful for (almost!) everything. Grew up in Hanover, PA, wrestled in high school, but was just average. Actually was a far better baseball and basketball player. Youngest brother wrestled D1 at East Stroudsburg, and was only good because me, my middle brother and my father beat up on him in his adolescent years.

One wife and two daughters, both daughters will be living in Denver area soon, and Mrs. Roar and I just celebrated 37 years.

Career included stops in the Midwest and the South before returning to PA in 1994, when my love of wrestling was re-ignited. A PSU fan since the early 1970's, I was able to keep up with news while away, but it wasn't the same.

Enjoy the message boards, and can count approximately 60-70 fellow posters as friends from my days on Scout and Rivals. Many have moved on from the boards, though I hear from them occasionally, and see many at duals/tournaments.

Regarding a few of the individual's posts in this thread;
-- androcles mentioned his family, I'll add that his wife is a peach!
-- Kurt Russell (KR1963) was mentioned in several posts. Kurt is a friend from back-in-the-day that is no longer with us, and I'll mention that there is one among us that gave of his time and energy to ensure Kurt made it to one last National Championship. This poster wouldn't want me to divulge his name, but it ranks with me among the single greatest acts of kindness I've ever witnessed, as Kurt had already been fighting a good fight for nearly a decade, and was not in good shape. The unnamed poster made sure Kurt had the best experience possible. Truly a selfless act, one I will remember forever.

The old BU gym used to really rock to echoing cheers and chants when Short Hitchcock (who was a Division I and II National Champ) took the mat. "Here we go Shorty; here we go ..." Iowa even used to come to town once in a while.
Shorty was the wrestling coach and a substitute teacher when I was in high school, he coached our team, Lake Lehman in 81 to a State Championship and three individual champs in the Bonomo Brothers and Mike Leskowski at Heavyweight. He would not do well in a PC climate. He was also the coach I told I was skipping practice so I could go skiing..... That went over well, lol.

I heard stories of him making his wrestlers at Millersburg run through the woods at night in the winter

Shorty was the wrestling coach and a substitute teacher when I was in high school, he coached our team, Lake Lehman in 81 to a State Championship and three individual champs in the Bonomo Brothers and Mike Leskowski at Heavyweight. He would not do well in a PC climate. He was also the coach I told I was skipping practice so I could go skiing..... That went over well, lol.
Times have definitely changed. A kid on our team skipped practice in '63. The next day the coach made him apologize to the team and he sat out a week (he was a section champ.) He was told the next time he skipped, don't come back.
But remember those Central Dauphin teams from the '00s? There was a video made about that team (I think it was "Takedowns and Falls") and I was amazed. Kids went to practice or they didn't. It was up to them. If they had something they'd rather be doing, they did it.

I grew up in a little town where my dad owned a pool hall and bowling alley. When your father owns a pool hall you don't hang out with the best kids in town. I started smoking at 12 and was at a pack a day by 16, so wrestling was not in my future. When I graduated I was 5'11" and weighed 127. After I quit smoking, it turns out that I am a natural 165 without a cut.

My wrestling career consisted of a class tournament of my gym class in Junior High. My wrestling knowledge consisted of stay off your back and try to get the other guy on his back.

1st match was against the smallest kid in the class. Had about a foot of height and 15 pounds on him. Rag dolled him for a pin in about a minute.

2nd match was against a kid almost the same size as me exactly. The match went the distance and I managed a 9-6 decision. At the end my lungs burned and every joint in my body ached. I wanted to die just not to hurt anymore.

3rd match was against a kid again just about my size, but he was actually a wrestler from about age 6. The whistle blew, he bull rushed with a blast double and I went feet to back. Got pinned in less time than it took Andrew Alton to deck Dalton Ahern. I got up, got into my stance, and said, "Okay coach, I am ready now." Good chuckle then left my shoes on the mat.

My wrestling career was over, but my respect for the guys that wrestle began.

Last edited:
Times have definitely changed. A kid on our team skipped practice in '63. The next day the coach made him apologize to the team and he sat out a week (he was a section champ.) He was told the next time he skipped, don't come back.
But remember those Central Dauphin teams from the '00s? There was a video made about that team (I think it was "Takedowns and Falls") and I was amazed. Kids went to practice or they didn't. It was up to them. If they had something they'd rather be doing, they did it.
I missed practice to go Buck hunting on the first day of the season (almost a religious holiday in NW PA). I had told my coach I wouldn’t be there and he simply said ok. Well, I shot a nice buck cleaned it, and dragged it approx 1.5 miles to our vehicle. Got it home and hung out on the patio when the phone rang about 4PM. Seems Coach had decided that someone in the room was challenging me and if I didn’t show up for the wrestle off, he would have to award the start to the next guy. I got dressed went to practice and as was expected, I decked the kid in about 20 seconds. What I didn’t realize was that it was just an excuse to get me to the practice room where I had to serve my punishment drills for thinking of missing practice. I think I was still doing spins drags and floats as well as grass drills in my sleep for the next several weeks!

65, retired, blessed/grateful/thankful for (almost!) everything. Grew up in Hanover, PA, wrestled in high school, but was just average. Actually was a far better baseball and basketball player. Youngest brother wrestled D1 at East Stroudsburg, and was only good because me, my middle brother and my father beat up on him in his adolescent years.

One wife and two daughters, both daughters will be living in Denver area soon, and Mrs. Roar and I just celebrated 37 years.

Career included stops in the Midwest and the South before returning to PA in 1994, when my love of wrestling was re-ignited. A PSU fan since the early 1970's, I was able to keep up with news while away, but it wasn't the same.

Enjoy the message boards, and can count approximately 60-70 fellow posters as friends from my days on Scout and Rivals. Many have moved on from the boards, though I hear from them occasionally, and see many at duals/tournaments.

Regarding a few of the individual's posts in this thread;
-- androcles mentioned his family, I'll add that his wife is a peach!
-- Kurt Russell (KR1963) was mentioned in several posts. Kurt is a friend from back-in-the-day that is no longer with us, and I'll mention that there is one among us that gave of his time and energy to ensure Kurt made it to one last National Championship. This poster wouldn't want me to divulge his name, but it ranks with me among the single greatest acts of kindness I've ever witnessed, as Kurt had already been fighting a good fight for nearly a decade, and was not in good shape. The unnamed poster made sure Kurt had the best experience possible. Truly a selfless act, one I will remember forever.
Roar, My wife and I celebrated our 31st anniversary today, so here's to successful, if only longevity-wise, marriages! Thank you for mentioning the person who got Kurt to his last National Championship. I had forgotten that, but please extend my thanks to that person.

I heard stories of him making his wrestlers at Millersburg run through the woods at night in the winter
Went to Millersville wrestling camp in summer of 1988, ran by Shorty. Made the mistake of pal'ing around with Joey Wildasin and his crew for the week. Had the pleasure of wrestling Joey in sectional finals the preceding February...didn't go well, but I didn't give up any back points! Over the course of the week, we spent a morning session doing endless planks for showing up late. Then to top off the week, we decided to sneak out the last night of camp only to be caught. Shorty made us strip down to our underwear and do countless rolls through a freshly mowed field that same night. Had to wrestle in camp finals the following day with the nastiest rash. Fun times!

One of my wrestlers beat Joey Wildasin in the MAWA finals one year at Shippensburg. Joey's record was 100-0 and my kid was 80-0 at the time. They met 6 or 7 years later in the PIAA state finals. The result wasn't the same.

I have a picture of the medal winners at MAWA's that year --- with Joey Wildasin in 2nd place. I'm thinking that picture might be valuable. Kind of like taking a picture of Houdini after he locked his keys in the car.

I grew up in a little town where my dad owned a pool hall and bowling alley. When your father owns a pool hall you don't hang out with the best kids in town. I started smoking at 12 and was at a pack a day by 16, so wrestling was not in my future. When I graduated I was 5'11" and weighed 127. After I quit smoking, it turns out that I am a natural 165 without a cut.

My wrestling career consisted of a class tournament of my gym class in Junior High. My wrestling knowledge consisted of stay off your back and try to get the other guy on his back.

1st match was against the smallest kid in the class. Had about a foot of height and 15 pounds on him. Rag dolled him for a pin in about a minute.

2nd match was against a kid almost the same size as me exactly. The match went the distance and I managed a 9-6 decision. At the end my lungs burned and every joint in my body ached. I wanted to die just not to hurt anymore.

3rd match was against a kid again just about my size, but he was actually a wrestler from about age 6. The whistle blew, he bull rushed with a blast double and I went feet to back. Got pinned in less time than it took Andrew Alton to deck Dalton Ahern. I got up, got into my stance, and said, "Okay coach, I am ready now." Good chuckle then left my shoes on the mat.

My wrestling career was over, but my respect for the guys that wrestle began.

For some reason in middle school the gym teacher who was the athletic trainer decided to do wrestling in gym class. This was 1994. He loved me and I was the only one in the class that actually wrestled. Of course I was the kid he used to teach other kids moves, which consisted of like a single leg and double leg. Then he said we would play king of the mat. If you don't know, you line up by size and the smallest two wrestle. Winner takes on the next kid in line. I was one of the smallest kids in the class. I wrestled 100lbs that year so I was up first and I whipped every kid in the class. It really wasn't fair considering I was pretty good and had gone to JO states the year before.

I am 69 and from Ridgway (look it up). Two time grad from Penn State. I have been a huge fan of wrestling since I first set foot on campus. Even choose it as a PE Elective. I remember attending matches at Rec Hall as part of a basketball double-header. The place filled up and excitement built until Andy Matter took the mat. After his bout the crowd started to dwindle. He was the main attraction.

I am 69 and from Ridgway (look it up). Two time grad from Penn State. I have been a huge fan of wrestling since I first set foot on campus. Even choose it as a PE Elective. I remember attending matches at Rec Hall as part of a basketball double-header. The place filled up and excitement built until Andy Matter took the mat. After his bout the crowd started to dwindle. He was the main attraction.
Salute to a fellow Elker!!

Reactions: joypa
I grew up in the Glen Lyon-Nanticoke area of Pa. I graduated from PSU in 1963. I eventually went to St Louis U to work on a PH.D. I received an order to report for a physical examination because I was being drafted. I served a tour in Vietnam. I went to SLU Law School and worked in Labor Relations. I eventually worked the last 15 years as a Labor Arbitrator. I also have been on about 10 mission trips to Europe. I am married and have 2 children. I live in the suburbs of St Louis.

Creamy freak i also went to WACC 80-82, life long wrestling fan. I could never get parents to sign off to wrestle although in 9th grade forged paper got thru the physical, but got busted on it lol. Raised in Lock Haven area still live there. Been going to district/regional/state tournaments for 34 yrs till covid screwed that up. Friend talked me into season tickets to LHU when brad Loyd and crew were there, but other than a few wrestler was way to boring. When Sanderson came to PSU started watching more college wrestling, because he made it FUN.

Creamy freak i also went to WACC 80-82, life long wrestling fan. I could never get parents to sign off to wrestle although in 9th grade forged paper got thru the physical, but got busted on it lol. Raised in Lock Haven area still live there. Been going to district/regional/state tournaments for 34 yrs till covid screwed that up. Friend talked me into season tickets to LHU when brad Loyd and crew were there, but other than a few wrestler was way to boring. When Sanderson came to PSU started watching more college wrestling, because he made it FUN.
Remember Husick? What a punk.

Reactions: Firemans2711
I took Electrical Construction and still can't believe how inexpensive college was for me at WACC.
I got to see PSU wrestle at Lock Haven in the old field house during the early 80's, twice. Steve Sefter was PSU's Heavyweight and the one year he wrestled Rick Peterson, who was built like an NFL offensive tackle back then. I think Peterson had a tryout with the Dallas Cowboys. I believe he was from Renovo.

I grew up in Centre County and didn't wrestle till my 8th grade year, In JR High I Idolized guys like Sefter, Scannel, Pifer, Horton, Sidorick, Peters and such. Went to PSU Camps, worked tables for tournaments in Rec Hall. Loved wrestling but was never very good at it.

Went to the service post High School and tried wrestling again and had a bit of success. Still Loved the sport and when I was transferred to a location that needed an assistant HS coach, I jumped right in!

Decided to go to college and I had a contact with a coach in a D2 school in the midwest. He took me on as his assistant, Must have done OK because another school picked me up as a grad assistant.

Was involved with running many tournaments and was the meet director for several conference meets and the NCAA D2 qualifier. Announced other tourneys around the Midwest as well.

Stepped away from the sport on 2005 but still follow D1s and D2s

Love reading about everyone. My story is much less interesting than most.

Soon to be 51 years old. Happily married almost 26 years. Three kids. Two boys 23 and 24 years old who we adopted at 4 and 5 years old. Was blessed by God with a miracle daughter 13 years ago. All still live at home. The oldest is special needs, the younger brother works on the road and is only home on weekends. My wife grows and cans most of our food as well as home schooling (good woman). If you are up for a long testimony of faith and family hit me up some time.

Have worked at a John Deere dealership the past 29years.

Started wrestling at 5 at the Oil City YMCA. Never more than average. Moved to Michigan prior to 10th grade. Three time state qualifier on Michigan. Started coaching while still in high school. Went to UPenn with intentions of wrestling and quickly found out that wrestling D1 was way tougher than the Michigan state tournament.

Spent 3yrs and head JH coach and 6ys as head varsity coach. Then transitioned into officiating. Spent a couple years coaching gymnastics when my daughter decided to do competitive gymnastics. Now I am a full time wrestling addict. Been to three national tournaments and had tickets to the OTT (bummer).

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Golf Outing.

Enjoying this thread so thought I'd add my 2 cents. Long time lurker, rarely post. Grew up in northern Dauphin county (Tri-Valley league) in the 1980s. Wrestled 6th - 12th grade and was terrible but enjoyed it nonetheless. Part of my challenge was not understanding proper nutrition/weight management - we've come a long way in that regard. Starving yourself for two days prior to a match to make weight is not a good plan. PSU from 84-88, BSME. (Hamilton Hall my freshman year then decided to move to East Halls where it seemed more laid back and social). Long time fan, but have only been to nationals at Meadowlands, Oklahoma City and PSU.

Love reading about everyone. My story is much less interesting than most.

Soon to be 51 years old. Happily married almost 26 years. Three kids. Two boys 23 and 24 years old who we adopted at 4 and 5 years old. Was blessed by God with a miracle daughter 13 years ago. All still live at home. The oldest is special needs, the younger brother works on the road and is only home on weekends. My wife grows and cans most of our food as well as home schooling (good woman). If you are up for a long testimony of faith and family hit me up some time.

Have worked at a John Deere dealership the past 29years.

Started wrestling at 5 at the Oil City YMCA. Never more than average. Moved to Michigan prior to 10th grade. Three time state qualifier on Michigan. Started coaching while still in high school. Went to UPenn with intentions of wrestling and quickly found out that wrestling D1 was way tougher than the Michigan state tournament.

Spent 3yrs and head JH coach and 6ys as head varsity coach. Then transitioned into officiating. Spent a couple years coaching gymnastics when my daughter decided to do competitive gymnastics. Now I am a full time wrestling addict. Been to three national tournaments and had tickets to the OTT (bummer).

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Golf Outing.
You and your wife need to post in the Microfarming thread.;)

Reactions: creamery freak
If you have ever watched the "Back To Eden" gardening documentary you will see much of how we do things at our house. People often ask if my wife is Amish (she isn't). Add honey bees for pollination (5 hives currently) and a small worm farm for composting. And a small greenhouse.

Dentist
Wife PSU grad
Son-in-law PSU grad
two daughters PSU Grads ( Smeal Business both)
other daughter Duquesne University
Daughters live in NYC, Philly, and Atlanta
wrestled from 2nd grade to 12th grade, not smart enough to wrestle and get good grades in college.
Spent a week at Clarion Wrestling Camp every summer

ADVERTISEMENT