ADVERTISEMENT

Televised/Streamed Wrestling 1/30-2/2

. . . Ok, ok, so there actually are some others. Here they are, based on my scan of the BTN and ESPN networks listings. Televised matches in bold, Penn State in blue. Mizzou @ Okie St (ESPN+ on Sunday) is a traditional matchup some might consider noteworthy, as well . . .

Thursday 1/30
  • The Citadel vs. Gardner-Webb (7:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Little Rock vs. SIUE (7:00 PM, ESPN+)

Friday 1/31
  • Princeton vs. Harvard (6:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Campbell vs. Gardner-Webb (7:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Central Michigan vs. Ohio (7:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Virginia Tech vs. Virginia (7:00 PM, ACCNX)
  • Duke vs. North Carolina (7:00 PM, ACCN) [Replays @ 12:00 AM, 3:00 AM, 9:00 AM on 2/1]
  • Maryland vs. Ohio St (7:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Minnesota vs. Purdue (7:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Wisconsin vs. Indiana (7:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Michigan St vs. Illinois (8:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Penn State vs. Iowa (9:00 PM, BTN TV)
  • South Dakota St vs. Oklahoma St (8:00 PM, ESPN+)

Saturday 2/1
  • Pennsylvania vs. Brown (12:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Rutger vs. Michigan (1:00 PM, BTN TV)
  • Princeton vs. Brown (2:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Bucknell vs. North Carolina (2:00 PM, ACCNX)
  • Pennsylvania vs. Harvard (6:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Northern Illinois vs. SIUE (6:00 PM, ESPN+)

Sunday 2/2
  • Bloomsburg vs. Ohio (1:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Minnesota vs. Indiana (1:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Ohio St vs. Nebraska (1:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Iowa vs. Michigan St (1:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Northwestern vs. Illinois (2:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Maryland vs. Penn State (2:00 PM, BTN+)
  • Appalachian St vs. Chattanooga (2:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Missouri vs. Oklahoma St (3:00 PM, ESPN+)
  • Wisconsin vs. Purdue (4:00 PM, BTN TV)

Why wouldn’t espn 2 cover the match tonight. They suck.
In vail and can’t watch it.

Some individual matches of note:

OKST vs. SD State:
197 - Geer vs. Sloan

Arizona State vs. Stanford:
165 - Shields vs. Griffith
197 - Norfleet vs. Traxler

Army vs. Lehigh:
157 - Hartman vs. Humphreys

Sat 2/1:
Pitt vs. NC State:
184 - Bonaccorsi vs. Hidlay

North Carolina vs. Bucknell:
157 - Monday vs. Hartman

Sun 2/2:
Nebraska vs. Ohio State:
141 - Red vs. Pletcher

Missouri vs. OKST:
149 - Mauller vs. Lewallen

Illinois vs. NW:
133 - Piotrowski vs. Rivera

If you are planning on watching the PSU. vs IOWA match tomorrow on BTN via a Roku, you better have a plan “B”. This is an email I just received from Roku...

Dear Roku Customer,
On January 31, 2020, all standalone FOX channels will no longer be available on Roku streaming devices.

You can still watch FOX channels through these services: FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, SlingTV, YouTube TV and other live TV services, many of which offer free trials. We also have thousands of other great channels in the Roku Channel Store. We've got you covered!

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to receive FOX over the air with an antenna.

Happy Streaming™
Roku

If you are planning on watching the PSU. vs IOWA match tomorrow on BTN via a Roku, you better have a plan “B”. This is an email I just received from Roku...

Dear Roku Customer,
On January 31, 2020, all standalone FOX channels will no longer be available on Roku streaming devices.

You can still watch FOX channels through these services: FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, SlingTV, YouTube TV and other live TV services, many of which offer free trials. We also have thousands of other great channels in the Roku Channel Store. We've got you covered!

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to receive FOX over the air with an antenna.

Happy Streaming™
Roku
Dang, really? That stinks.

Yep. Here is some more context.

Last edited:
Something I just noticed in my local
listings: a replay of last week's MSU @ Nebraska dual (BTN TV, 9:00 AM today). Caffey-Venz is probably worth a watch.

I see PSU hockey game on BTN at 6pm. Any worries about it lasting longer than 3 hours?

So far I am getting the BTN channel through my Spectrum account via Foxsports.Com. I am in Florida using a rental house TV with Roku but I transfer to Spectrum from the Roku system.
Anyway, from my PC I go to foxsports.com and follow the prompts to get the streaming of the BTN network via Spectrum. I have to verify having a Spectrum account with my account data. Then you get the program guide and click on BTN. At 9:00pm they have the match. I just watched some of the show that started at 2:00pm.
Besides Spectrum Foxsports has links for other cable outlets too.
Apologies in advance for the poor description of how the process works.

The Decatur experience continues to underwhelm. Jordan Decatur loses 10-8 to King Sandoval (10-11) from Maryland.

Kinner went 157 tonight, got a tech fall.

So, I was able to take Jr. over to the Princeton-Brown dual today . . . a nice follow-up to last night's PSU-Iowa match, as I haven't been able to watch much D1 wrestling in person for a few years. I made him watch a recording of the Marinelli-Joseph match before we went . . . he was squeamish about the blood ("There's no way I'm ever wrestling"), but eager to go to the dual. We had a couple of nice moments of excitement when bear hugs came into play, the move being fresh in his mind after watching the recorded match this morning (he did cover his eyes, expecting blood, lol).

Disappointed that Monday didn't wrestle, but it was cool to see Glory and, of course, Brucki. Man, that guy reminds me of Shute. It was extra convenient that we could show up 5 minutes before introductions, grab 2nd row seats, and hear all the action on the mat. And no charge.

Starting at 141, Brown won 3 straight to the tune of a 10-0 lead, but Princeton put its foot down and ran the table the rest of the way. Neither Glory nor Brucki really dominated the way you would expect a Top 5 guy to handle an unranked guy . . . kind of surprising, but a fun time.

Heinselman dominated by Thomsen 5-2. Seems like the former has really been stuck in a deep rut.

Decatur vs Lovett was a good one -- the latter winning in closing 5 seconds with a reversal.

And Pletcher dominated Red, 10-1.

Sasso over Purinton 13-4, the latter actually crafty enough to get a 3rd period TD to make it 5-4, but Sasso was able to E, TD, and cradle for NF in last minute. RT point, too.

Last edited:
Caffey over Assad 3-2, the former pretty much playing defense and splits most of the way. Tough match for Assad after Friday -- he did well there.

Mauller vs. Lewallen up now on ESPN+.

Tied 3-3 late in 3rd. Going OT.

Mauller wins SV1 with early double-leg, lift, and drop to butt.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT