ADVERTISEMENT

Team captains

Marylovesthelions

Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
How much of the collapse of the last 2 years was due to inadequate leadership from the senior players?? I don't have any idea but it seems to me it may be a big issue. Sean's remarks after the Spring game seemed indicate that there may have been major dissention last year.
Are we picking too many leaders leaders to allow them to be effective?
Clearly there was no leadership on the offensive line.

Sad. After a year of COVID where the team underperformed, you would have thought the team would have been better focused on team results. I didn't see SC's remarks, do you have a link? Of course, being a QB and being in his 43rd year in the program, a lot of that has to be on him.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Sad. After a year of COVID where the team underperformed, you would have thought the team would have been better focused on team results. I didn't see SC's remarks, do you have a link? Of course, being a QB and being in his 43rd year in the program, a lot of that has to be on him.
Saw it on Twitter. Joe's teams were built on defense and solid defense and solid offensive line performance.. Nothing's gonna happen with this team if they don't improve the offensive line and offense in general. Everything elseverything else they talk about is b*******

Reactions: Obliviax
Saw it on Twitter. Joe's teams were built on defense and solid defense and solid offensive line performance.. Nothing's gonna happen with this team if they don't improve the offensive line and offense in general. Everything elseverything else they talk about is b*******
Actually the defense played pretty well on balance last year. You are obviously right about the OL and IMO the offense as a whole. Joe’s better teams also had strong leaders. I think that was a major problem last year however. Far too many upperclassmen played poorly last year and as a result showed no leadership as well.

It's hard to win games against tough competition when they absolutely know you cannot consistently convert 3 and 4th and ones, especially when you do not have an elite QB

Reactions: rcy4499
Wasn't it Jahan during the COVID yr who brought up something similar in a postgame presser....where some guys are just doing their own thing? I mean let's face it, getting Wade and Shelton out of here certainly has to help...those guys were total loudmouths. But, it seems more cleaning up of dissenters and "me guys" still needs to take place.

ADVERTISEMENT