ADVERTISEMENT

TE depth

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
MG is obviously one of the best TEs from a passing game standpoint. he seems okay on runs, as does Holland. i thought we had Bowers and Dalton as a couple high end TEs especially for run game. have we seen them this year?

MG is obviously one of the best TEs from a passing game standpoint. he seems okay on runs, as does Holland. i thought we had Bowers and Dalton as a couple high end TEs especially for run game. have we seen them this year?
I think Dalton is more of the receiver type, like Gesicki was and Kuntz is. Bowers is huge, 260 or so. Has he even been in for a snap?

It doesn't seem that Dalton is working out. I have not heard anything about Bowers. Basically, we have one viable tight end.

Not sure about Bowers. He had a pretty serious knee injury last year though. I wonder if he's fully recovered?

Last edited:
It doesn't seem that Dalton is working out. I have not heard anything about Bowers. Basically, we have one viable tight end.

and its his last year, so next year we have a couple talented FR TEs and the current guys.

Bowers and Dalton did not participate vs GA St. Not a good sign. Walkon TE's Arcangelo and Pancoast got in.
I have heard nothing about either of them this season. I know Bowers had a knee injury shortly before the season started last year. I do not recall seeing him in the BW game this year, I think Dalton RS'd last season after enrolling early. I have not heard anything about him and don't remember seeing him in the BW game.

Both are still on the roster. Dalton is listed as 234 lbs, Bowers 268.
I don't recall seeing either in warmup's.

Dalton is only a RS Frosh, too soon to make a judgement on him, he didn't suit up for BW game, probably an injury,maybe he's just not ready? It looks like they're giving Bowers another year of recovery and i'm sure will get a medical redshirt

With JF, the default assumption for the lack of information is injuries.

It doesn't seem that Dalton is working out. I have not heard anything about Bowers. Basically, we have one viable tight end.[/QUOTE

How can you write someone off in the 1st half of their RS FR year. Do you remember Gesicki in his FR and SO years? We should have dumped him. And that McSorley character too. What did he ever do as a RS FR.

I don't even think Bowers has dressed this year...I remember reading that on Land of 10 (i think)

I like what I"ve seen from Holland so far. He hasn't put up the numbers, yet, but he's been open and will only get better.
I thought we would see more of Bowers, I know he had a significant injury last season, but I thought he was ok now. So not sure whats going on with him.
On the plus side we do have the #1 TE in the country, Kuntz, coming in and another very good one in Friermuth.

Dalton was the level of TE that a program like this should land every year without problem. Hope he has good career but not surprised he is not further along.
I will not be terribly surprised if injuries cause Bowers to quit playing.
No inside info here, just my sense of things.

The recent pictures I saw of Dalton looked to me like he is a couple of years in the S & C program away from a B10 TE body. The staff spoke highly of Bowers before Bowers was injured. Holland looks decent, is still young, and will be a good TE for 2018. Hopefully Bowers also is fully healthy by then as well. Maybe Dalton as well. It will be interesting to see if one of the 2018 class TE's play as a true freshmen. Friermuth looks more physically ready, but who knows how ready they will be by August 2018, and are either or both of them enrolling in January......

With Gesicki gone after this season we may see more 4 WR sets next year, utilizing the size of both Johnson and Charles. As well as Shorter.

Reactions: NJPSU
Can't give up on these guys too soon. Remember up until last year, MG (and his hands of stone) had all the makings of bust material. It's a difficult position to learn, and some of these guys just need some extra time to develop.

Can't give up on these guys too soon. Remember up until last year, MG (and his hands of stone) had all the makings of bust material. It's a difficult position to learn, and some of these guys just need some extra time to develop.

Haha that wasn't his hands of stone. That was Hackenberg's one-speed 99 MPH fastball 4 feet above his head. The freak athlete could jump that high and get some fingers on it, but he rarely had a catchable ball thrown his way.

I like what I"ve seen from Holland so far. He hasn't put up the numbers, yet, but he's been open and will only get better.
I thought we would see more of Bowers, I know he had a significant injury last season, but I thought he was ok now. So not sure whats going on with him.
On the plus side we do have the #1 TE in the country, Kuntz, coming in and another very good one in Friermuth.
Holland had what looked like a TD, wide open down the middle, against Pitt, but was over-thrown. Bowers is out for remainder of the season:

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/20...-punt-week-torrence-brown-nick-bowers-barkley

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT