ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor looking good early for PSU

NewYC

Nov 19, 2011
If he can put up somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 pts, they have a great chance to win today.

Agree. He is getting a lot of shots and working in the post, but he needs to make a few more of the closer ones.

Does Gino remind anyone of Titus?

Just the way he handles himself on the court to me any way!

Wow. Ross has found a second wind.

Where has that been all year? He even made two free throws.

Tough to be critical of Newbill but you hold that ball with 34 seconds. Ugh

Wow. Ross has found a second wind.

Where has that been all year? He even made two free throws.

That was huge for momentum..

could have been double digits at half, but no worse than 8, now its 5,UGH!!!! That could turn out to be huge by the end.

That was a critical mistake by Newbill to end the half and now Purdue has the momentum.

The first few possessions of the 2nd half will be key. If we can come out and get the lead back up to 8-10 I'll feel pretty good about this.

This post was edited on 3/13 3:12 PM by Bkn_Psu

Huge momentum swing there........simply a play that your leader cannot make in that situation.

Re: That was huge for momentum..

Originally posted by harjeff:
could have been double digits at half, but no worse than 8, now its 5,UGH!!!! That could turn out to be huge by the end.
Yep. That's why this team lost so many close games late. Very poor decision by D.J.

Exactly. Mental mistake. Team is playing well and getting contributions from everyone, but 5 pts for Purdue in last 40 seconds going into halftime is tough to swallow. I'm sure their second half adjustment is feed Hammons until we have no players left to guard him. Hopefully this team continues to get support from Travis.

Re: Is this where we run out of gas?

Originally posted by WPTLION:
Not sure, but apparently it is where officials forget what goaltending is. : /

could happen, but very impressive that they've grabbed the lead again.

could happen, but very impressive that they've grabbed the lead again.

Good job by the team giving us something to watch the last 3 days, but this looks to be the end of the run. They've got nothing left and can't git wide open shots. Purdue can just keep feeding to Hammond inside and that will seal the deal.

Re: Looks like we're running on fumes. *****

DJ not having a good game. Tired.

Originally posted by LionFan96:
Good job by the team giving us something to watch the last 3 days, but this looks to be the end of the run. They've got nothing left and can't git wide open shots. Purdue can just keep feeding to Hammond inside and that will seal the deal.
Yep. Looking back at the end of the half, if we hold for the final shot, and make it, we're up 10 or 11. Instead, we go in up 5. We sure could use those 5 points now.

Just like the last time we played Purdue, we essentially are going to lose to one player......our big guys cannot match up with Hammonds......not even enough to make it a challenge for him.

Offensive rebounds are killing PSU, as usual. That seems to be fundamentals to me.

Re: Seems Like PSU Has These 4-5 Minute Droughts Every Game! *

This was one extremely poor second half of basketball

I think they are exhausted so it is hard to get these rebounds.

ionFan96 posted on 3/13/2015...
Offensive rebounds are killing PSU, as usual. That seems to be fundamentals to me.

Originally posted by LionFan96:
Looks like hustle to me. We're spent, physically and mentally. We're just getting out-muscled down low against a frontcourt that's much better than ours already.

Probably out of fumes but we don't have the physical bodies to match with Purdue. Minimal turnovers kept us in this game.

If we cannot recruit a big low post player for basketball, could we send a petition to James Franklin to let Sterling Jenkins play basketball next year? Kidding of course but I would love to have a player like Hammons play for PSU in my lifetime.

Re: The dream has died. ****

Three consecutive offensive rebounds with a few minutes left to play were absolute killers. Hard to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT