ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor LaMont into Transfer Portal

5th place in 2021 and beat Howard 2-1 in the round of 16. Lamont is no slouch.

I agree with others though, unless RBY is not returning, I doubt we kick the tires.

Reactions: PatMineo22
Penn State Wrestling Staff:
Cael Sanderson - Head Coach
Casey Cunningham - Associate Head Coach
Cody Sanderson - Assistant Coach
Jimmy Kennedy - Assistant Coach
Jake Varner - Head Coach of NLWC
Adam Lynch - Director of Operations
Willie Saylor - Director of HS Recruiting
Pat Mineo - Director of Transfer Portal Recruiting, Propaganda and Iowa Slander

With this team, it's no wonder we have a dynasty going

Is the Iowa Slander department offering student internships for 40 year olds?

Can Howard still make the weight? I recall discussions about how he was not a career 125.

That would be one reason to consider bringing LaMont in even if Howard is healthy and ready to go.

Why would Howard not be able to make 125 -- other than some message board hypothesizing?

He made 125. Since then, he had shoulder surgery. He would've lost muscle mass during the near-term recovery. Any other weight gain is easily lost.

Plus he has publicly said he likes cutting weight, because it makes him mean.

If he deliberately chooses to go 133 -- i.e., lifts weights in order to gain 10 lb of muscle -- then sure. But there's no evidence that nature will take him there.

Hey man! I worked hard to land that DTPRPIS role! LOL

I don't think Lamont beats Howard at 125.

Howard has been healthy for a good stretch now, rolling with a 2x NC, a World Champion/Oly Bronze medalist and a long, leg rider AA. I'm guessing he will be dramatically improved in all aspects of his game.

Last edited:
I don't think Lamont beats Howard at 125.

Howard has been healthy for a good stretch now, rolling with a 2x NC, a World Champion/Oly Bronze medalist and a long, leg rider AA. I'm guessing he will be dramatically improved in all aspects of his game.
Just gotta hope he never meets wrestle-back McKee again. Because he will wrench on that shoulder.

Why would Howard not be able to make 125 -- other than some message board hypothesizing?

He made 125. Since then, he had shoulder surgery. He would've lost muscle mass during the near-term recovery. Any other weight gain is easily lost.

If he deliberately chooses to go 133 -- i.e., lifts weights in order to gain 10 lb of muscle -- then sure. But there's no evidence that nature will take him there.

Sure there is evidence, he wrestled at 126 as a senior in high school. Of course it's possible that he grows out of 125, it happens all the time. Hard to believe you don't understand this.

Sure there is evidence, he wrestled at 126 as a senior in high school. Of course it's possible that he grows out of 125, it happens all the time. Hard to believe you don't understand this.
Isn't that the same weight Nico wrestled as a SR?

If the point is that Howard could outgrow the weight in 3 years, OK, possible, also LaMont would be gone by then.

....and how many wrestlers can I list that wrestled 126 in high school that never made 125 in college or were only there only a short time. Career 125s are rare for guys that wrestled that high prior to college, again, how can you not know this, especially as the self appointed super fan of the forum? Howard graduated from high school in 2020, so of course it's possible he has outgrown 125 or at the very least may have troubles holding the weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: jack66
Gee.......didn't Michigan just graduate a Graduate Transfer? Rinse and Repeat ( Although not predicting a NC this time ) :)

Tiger, have you ever stood next to Robbie? He is not a big dude. I have a hard time believing 125 is a struggle. He ain't no Nicky Pushups or Willem DaFoe or whoever that guy in the blue singlet was last year.

This is kind of surprising. Lamonts are pretty tied in with Utah Valley.

....and how many wrestlers can I list that wrestled 126 in high school that never made 125 in college or were only there only a short time. Career 125s are rare for guys that wrestled that high prior to college, again, how can you not know this, especially as the self appointed super fan of the forum? Howard graduated from high school in 2020, so of course it's possible he has outgrown 125 or at the very least may have troubles holding the weight.
Couldnt the simple answer to this conundrum be that he simply was wrestling up in HS? How can you not know this?

Reactions: lookleft goright
Candidly, I'm not sure where the Howard will for sure be a 133 eventually came from other than the fact that career 125s are pretty rare in general. Few people have confirmed (including Willie, who is close to Robbie) that he is very likely a career 125.

Tiger, have you ever stood next to Robbie? He is not a big dude. I have a hard time believing 125 is a struggle. He ain't no Nicky Pushups or Willem DaFoe or whoever that guy in the blue singlet was last year.
82, you could be right. Keep in mind I tossed out outgrowing the weight why PSU MIGHT be interested in a guy like LaMont, certainly not stating it as a fact. Of course then the conversation immediately degraded when El Jefe brought his usual snide, ignorant tone to the conversation instead of contributing like a rational human being.

Couldnt the simple answer to this conundrum be that he simply was wrestling up in HS? How can you not know this?
Well, did he wrestle up? Instead of copying your forum leader's ignorant style of posting, why not contribute some substance to what you are implying. I for one would be interested to know if Howard was wrestling up in high school. My personal opinion is that it is unlikely. Those top end high schools programs are run like college programs and guys rarely wrestle up other than for an isolated dual.

Last edited:
82, you could be right. Keep in mind I tossed out outgrowing the weight why PSU MIGHT be interested in a guy like LaMont, certainly not stating it as a fact. Of course then the conversation immediately degraded when El Jefe brought his usual snide, ignorant tone to the conversation instead of contributing like a rational human being.

Well, did he wrestle up? Instead of copying your forum leader's ignorant style of posting, why not contribute some substance to what you are implying. I for one would be interested to know if Howard was wrestling up in high school. My personal opinion is that it is unlikely. Those top end high schools programs are run like college programs and guys rarely wrestle up other than for an isolated dual.
I understand your beef dates back some time, now, but I’m not really following how this thread seems to have triggered your recent crusade.

Here was his question:

I’m not sure how much can be read into the “tone” of that, and I think it is a stretch to perceive it as sufficiently egregious to warrant calling him out for not playing nicely. I think the question is very fair, as the only “evidence” I’ve seen that there could be a weight issue is, well, some hyothesizing on message boards. As most of us know, that does not necessarily constitute evidence at all. The question was fair, and was posed fairly. The name-calling responses it triggered, on the other hand . . .

Funny you claim I was copying ElJefe when actually I copied YOUR PHRASE to the TEE. I have no idea if Robbie wrestled up or not, it was just a thought. Oh, and GFY.

Many years ago I walked into my house to find my daughter sitting on her younger brother and slapping the absolute sh!t out of him. I was about to flip out when I noticed my son was holding a watch and shortly thereafter announced "I WON". He explained that the bet was that she could slap the sh!t out of him for 30 seconds and he wouldn't scream. "I WON" he repeated. So I am looking at a kid who could have fingerprints lifted from his face and thinking "This is gonna save a lot of money on college" Reading your posts has reminded me of this life experience. "YOU WIN". In the event I need to clarify.....This is not a compliment :)

He could, and probably did, easily gain muscle in his legs, ass, and core. I can’t imagine he just sat around on pause while he healed up.

Edit. Damn I should of read the entire thread lol. I’d of never said anything. My bad.

ADVERTISEMENT