ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels win! Tar Heels win! Tar Heels win! That is why you play the

TheGLOV

Gold Member
game!

Just lace 'em up and play.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Exactly. Easier to play when you don't worry about the "School Thing"

Cardell would have straight A's at UNC. If the NCAA didn't coddle up to UNC, Roy Boy would be as shamed as Boeheim.

Re: game in Greensboro!

The ACC gives Duke and Carolina home court advantage not only in the ACC tourney every year but in the NCAAs too. They rotate North Carolina sites from Raleigh to Charlotte to Greensboro to Winston Salem back to Raleigh every 4 years or so that allows UNC and Duke to have home court just about every year in the NCAA tourney to the sweet 16 before they have to really travel. It's been a racket for years. Imagine if PSU got in every year and always played in Altoona/ Hershey/ Harrisburg every year.

That said, UNC played very well tonight and deserved the win over UVA. Duke vs Carolina for the ACC title? Glov may not survive the weekend! ;).

Good Vibes? Is that consistent with cheaters?

... Why are you surprised? Should any of the true cheaters get a free pass?

Re: Good Vibes? Is that consistent with cheaters?

Originally posted by GregInPitt:
... Why are you surprised? Should any of the true cheaters get a free pass?
After what the NCAA did to SYR, UNC is gonna get bitch slapped somehow unless Swofford protects them. UNC is his baby.

This post was edited on 3/13 10:51 PM by AngryOtter

thank you for pointing out the chicanery

UNC, Duke, NC State and Wake Forest have all been beneficiaries of this setup for years

I think the tournament is being moved to Madison Square Garden the next four years.

Have they finalized that? I know Boeheim brought it up when pitt and Syracuse joined the league. There was HUGE resistance to that from the tobacco road mafia. It was almost considered sacriligeous but I think the conference officials were intrigued.

Re: thank you for pointing out the chicanery

Yeah- except NC St and Wake barely make the tourney and if they do they can't play in NC if the games are on their home court (Raleigh and Winston Salem). Notice Duke and UNC never offer their home courts for the tourney because if they did they couldn't play there and would be sent across the country. ;)

A friend of mine, an NC State alum, says when it comes to ACC basketball it's as simple as ABC. Anybody But Carolina. He told me he roots for student athletes.

Good night for you Glov- Carolina win and a Duke loss. Don't stay up too late drinking ;).

Re: Exactly. Easier to play when you don't worry about the "School Thing"

Originally posted by GregInPitt:
Cardell would have straight A's at UNC. If the NCAA didn't coddle up to UNC, Roy Boy would be as shamed as Boeheim.
Yep. The stain lingers.

Of course, glov deserves this every time he forgets that this is a Penn State board, meaning that no one else gives a shit about unc.

Verizon Center (DC) in 2016, Barclay's Center in 2017-8. Done deals. **

Originally posted by psu00:
Have they finalized that? I know Boeheim brought it up when pitt and Syracuse joined the league. There was HUGE resistance to that from the tobacco road mafia. It was almost considered sacriligeous but I think the conference officials were intrigued.

Cheer for cheaters if you must.

But why not take it to the Cheater's board?

How could the fans of a program that was penalized by the organization that is charged with penalizing cheaters for not cheating be supportive of a program that has blatantly cheated and not been proportionately penalized?

Decades. I recall in the 70's that the East Regional was almost always in NC. Penn actually broke thru that one year and made the Final Four. Of course some idjots outside the building were selling Penn State t-shirts....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT