ADVERTISEMENT

Tan Tom makes a move

Maybe the move is also to try to save a couple of points in a certain upcoming dual? "Romero, I'm gonna have to ask you to give your robe to Campbell. "
giphy.gif

yea, post BoJo rs-fr and rs-soph year.
We have been snake bit finding a 165 for long term.
Thought we had:
Marinelli (committed, then flipped to Iowa)
Mark Hall (Most thought we had him....till he visited Penn State) (I know he's not a 165, but I think that was the plan at the time)
Isaiah White (grades, then apparently didnt fulfill requirements to get into tOSU or get into the room, while at Notre Dame College.
Campbell (transfer with wins at nationals, but not AA level)
Romero (not living up to expectations thus far)

Need Kharchla to come in, and end this 165 hole.. for the next 4 years. Hope he can hold the weight.

giphy.gif

I stand by my statement. I expect to get our ass kicked again, like 2017... when we brought all of Columbus into Value City Arena, then got our asses handed to us 7 out of 10 matches. or was it 8 out of 10? (I think Snyder was in Russia that year)

Snyder was there and majored Nevills. We won 7 of 10, final score was 32-12. I don't see that happening this year, but strange things happen at dual meets.

Campbell scored 1.5 points at nationals last year and 0 points at Big Tens, I don't see this year being much different.
1.5 is better than 0 lol. Not saying it makes them favored over PSU but it helps them score more as a team.

I think you guys are looking to much into this. I doubt that this is to try to maximize every point at nationals.
I dont think this move is anything more than allowing TeShan the chance to compete in his senior year.
I suspect the coaches are seeing that Ethan Smith is our best option at 174 and TeShan's only chance to wrestle is if he drops back to 165. I dont know personally, but I would bet he beats Romero in the room.
(then, also allowing Romero to shut it down and get his leg healthy for next year)

But, the above is my best guess at the situation. I could be wrong.

I think you guys are looking to much into this. I doubt that this is to try to maximize every point at nationals.
I dont think this move is anything more than allowing TeShan the chance to compete in his senior year.
I suspect the coaches are seeing that Ethan Smith is our best option at 174 and TeShan's only chance to wrestle is if he drops back to 165. I dont know personally, but I would bet he beats Romero in the room.
(then, also allowing Romero to shut it down and get his leg healthy for next year)

But, the above is my best guess at the situation. I could be wrong.
I'd be shocked if any coach made a move like this without an eye towards the NCAA Championships.

I'd be shocked if any coach made a move like this without an eye towards the NCAA Championships.
I guess you are assuming that it’s the coaches move which I am not. My assumption is that smith surpassed Campbell and Campbell has been told that’s who they are riding with at 174 going forward. Campbell made the decision to drop down to 165 because he can beat out Romero. It can be an individuals decision not necessarily the coaches which is what I think took place here

A huge Penn State win?? You do realize Ohio State will be favored in 5 out of the 10...right? Now granted Penm State will score more bonus and win then the dual most likely but I’d be shocked if it s a HUGE margin win that night.
You certainly couldn't win without Jason Nolf in the lineup and OSU having a stacked line up…. so it would reason you're NOT going to win with him in it and the OSU tanning beds not completely occupied this year.

Reactions: danoftw
I guess you are assuming that it’s the coaches move which I am not. My assumption is that smith surpassed Campbell and Campbell has been told that’s who they are riding with at 174 going forward. Campbell made the decision to drop down to 165 because he can beat out Romero. It can be an individuals decision not necessarily the coaches which is what I think took place here
To some extent. Yes, it could be Campbell's idea to drop -- but he'd be an idiot to not have Ryan's concurrence since utilization is still the head coach's decision.

Reactions: tylersmyth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT