ADVERTISEMENT

Tampering

I would place money on UM or one their people having contacted Beard way before he entered the portal.

Who pays the legal fees if no violation is determined?
It's unlikely the NCAA would adopt a 'loser pays' (called the "English Rule" in litigation) because it's typically reserved for special circumstances here in the US and would be challenged in court as exceeding the NCAA's authority. I've long maintained it would be beneficial in more circumstances to discourage certain types of 'lawfare' gamesmanship, but it's just not going to happen.

Irrespective of who pays legal fees, if anyone is going to get the NCAA to sit up and notice tampering violations in wrestling, it's Cael.

It's unlikely the NCAA would adopt a 'loser pays' (called the "English Rule" in litigation) because it's typically reserved for special circumstances here in the US and would be challenged in court as exceeding the NCAA's authority. I've long maintained it would be beneficial in more circumstances to discourage certain types of 'lawfare' gamesmanship, but it's just not going to happen.

Irrespective of who pays legal fees, if anyone is going to get the NCAA to sit up and notice tampering violations in wrestling, it's Cael.
Was just thinking of an imaginary meeting between Cael & Kraft that just happened, where Cael said: "Nice to meet you, now get to work--I'll start you off w/ a tweet."

Reactions: tikk10
I would place money on UM or one their people having contacted Beard way before he entered the portal.
giphy.gif

Duckworth would pitch in his own $25k if it were Smith's idea.
He’s John’s dim witted mouthpiece. Against RTC’s and anything else that has rendered the Cowboys largely irrelevant in modern wrestling. Of course, he’ll say nothing about the Stillwater High boondoggle going on, Ferrari almost killing a women, Daton’s drink, etc

I'm speculating since RBY didn't explicitly say it but the vibes from the Baschamania interview I got was RBY was contacted by non PSU people also and he even said he believes he could have gotten more than he got from PSU if he portaled (imagine how big news that would be)

But then him and Bo talked about how going somewhere for a big one year deal essentially burns all bridges you had at a place and talked about how his relationship with PSU will serve him well into his life later.

Despite Iowa fans thinking everything is about them (Cael's tweet about Real Woods even though his transfer was literally a month ago) I think this has to do with the fact PSU guys are getting contacted illicitly.

I'm speculating since RBY didn't explicitly say it but the vibes from the Baschamania interview I got was RBY was contacted by non PSU people also and he even said he believes he could have gotten more than he got from PSU if he portaled (imagine how big news that would be)

But then him and Bo talked about how going somewhere for a big one year deal essentially burns all bridges you had at a place and talked about how his relationship with PSU will serve him well into his life later.

Despite Iowa fans thinking everything is about them (Cael's tweet about Real Woods even though his transfer was literally a month ago) I think this has to do with the fact PSU guys are getting contacted illicitly.
I’m like a billion percent positive that Cael’s tweet had to do with a PSU wrestler. The Outer Circle’s delusions grow greater week by week.

Guys on HR - Cael’s just not that into you. You’re not his Dream School™

Amazing how fast college sports has turned into the Wild West.

NCAA says its going to crack down but they may end up just a paper tiger.

Can someone please share what this unavailable tweet said, trying to read this thread and catch up to this story. Tia.
I can't remember what was specifically in what tweet, but the gist of what transpired was that Pat Mineo shared some news that Larry Lee had been in contact with a couple of wrestlers about them possibly having an NIL deal waiting for them at Iowa, if they were to enter the portal. Larry publicly denied it, but then started texting w/ Pat. Eventually, Pat shared screenshots of Larry saying things like "who put you on me?" and more or less admitting to what was suggested. I can't remember the other wrestler, but one was Grant WIllits from Oregon State.

I can't remember what was specifically in what tweet, but the gist of what transpired was that Pat Mineo shared some news that Larry Lee had been in contact with a couple of wrestlers about them possibly having an NIL deal waiting for them at Iowa, if they were to enter the portal. Larry publicly denied it, but then started texting w/ Pat. Eventually, Pat shared screenshots of Larry saying things like "who put you on me?" and more or less admitting to what was suggested. I can't remember the other wrestler, but one was Grant WIllits from Oregon State.
Apparently given the choice of taking Larry Lee's cash bag and wrestling for TnT or calling it a career, the Willits kid chose retirement. I wonder if that speaks to Larry's cash bag or TnT's coaching?

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT