ADVERTISEMENT

Tamba Hali Defending Joe on Twitter.

In other news regarding KC - Mount Carmels own Brett Veach was just hired as GM !!

Just go to Tamba Hali twitter. Just a few responses defending Joe among his hopes for more playing time.

Tamba's grasp of the situation outside of JVP is obviously lacking. He knows what he knows, and that is JVP.

It's sad that he can't defend a man - the winningest coach of all time w/ an 80% graduation rate, never accused of a crime - without suffering the wrath of idiot fanboys that have 8 espn apps on their phones.

True, but he still got it wrong about Curley and Spanier.
I think that's up for debate, at least in the eyes of someone who didn't follow closely. (Or some of those that did). They all had a chance to defend themselves in court, and did not. Spanier's trial was the most confusing, as his lawyers got tight lipped when they could have pounced. It smelled fishy at the least.

I think that's up for debate, at least in the eyes of someone who didn't follow closely. (Or some of those that did). They all had a chance to defend themselves in court, and did not. Spanier's trial was the most confusing, as his lawyers got tight lipped when they could have pounced. It smelled fishy at the least.

I love Tamba, but in this case he's wrong, at least partially. On the one hand, I can understand how the casual observer would only go as far as the headlines (GUILTY. :eek: ), but on the other, I would expect Tamba to go beyond the headlines given that he is a Penn Stater. He had an opportunity to refute the entire false narrative, but he only corrected part of it while furthering another part of it. That is disappointing. Not entirely surprising, perhaps, but still disappointing.

Reactions: PearlSUJam

Anyone who has observed the proceedings and criminal trails in general knows your comment is simply wrong. First, almost never does a defendant take the stand. Second, any moron could see that Spanier was not guilty of the charge he was convicted of. The prosecution and jury simply made it up. The jury foreman admitted that they made it up to appease some on the jury pool so they could go home for the weekend. Third, after five years of personal turture, C & S plead guilty knowing that the prosecution would hound them until the day they died. They did so thinking they'd get no jail time and keep their pensions. All of the egregious charges had been dropped.

Anyone who has observed the proceedings and criminal trails in general knows your comment is simply wrong. First, almost never does a defendant take the stand. Second, any moron could see that Spanier was not guilty of the charge he was convicted of. The prosecution and jury simply made it up. The jury foreman admitted that they made it up to appease some on the jury pool so they could go home for the weekend. Third, after five years of personal turture, C & S plead guilty knowing that the prosecution would hound them until the day they died. They did so thinking they'd get no jail time and keep their pensions. All of the egregious charges had been dropped.
You and I know that, but as I said, anyone not following closely see it as they plead guilty to lesser charges to avoid serious charges. The charges weren't legal or applicable to begin with, yet they chose not to fight.

Spanier's lawyers missed a golden opportunity to cross examine. Why?

You and I know that, but as I said, anyone not following closely see it as they plead guilty to lesser charges to avoid serious charges. The charges weren't legal or applicable to begin with, yet they chose not to fight.

If you carefully analyze ALL the legal activities of the past 6+years, you see the same "shadows" behind the scenes that were part of the 2009-2011 era. SOMETHING FROM DAY ONE has been wrong here and the ONLY way you can even remotely justify it is to say this....someone (person/group/"thing") wants the "Story" that the OAG created and promoted to remain the only thing the Public sees when the name of Paterno and Penn State Football is made. The legality, the validity, the "case" to support what the Public "Story" is ...it is just that weak without someone in authority manipulating the core information that the Public has been sold and the "courts" have operated with.

I am sure that every action we have seen concerning this ordeal has had "hidden in the background" someone making it difficult to challenge the "Story" the public now believes. HERE IS THE REAL ISSUE....as you question WHY NO EFFECTIVE DEFENSE for anyone??? The true facts here are Sooooo much more less compelling than the "STORY" that you MUST believe even the lawyers representing anyone here were "advised" that they better deliver an "acceptable level of non-performance". WHY???? The courts in PA ARE RIGGED!!! Someone/group/"thing" has behind the scenes influence - and this kind of ability to "influence" court activities as we have seen over this period IS 100% ILLEGAL.

Don't give me the "tin hat" response that I must be crazy....you would have to be medically insane NOT to question the overall activities of the Courts, our OGBOT, Freeh and the Judges that have been involved here. SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE and to support what is "public knowledge" and to support it as real FACT always includes this: YOU MUST FORGET/IGNORE the multitude of suspicious features that have ALWAYS surrounded this case!!!!!

Personally, I think you need to look at the personal and professional collusive relationships involving the lawyers....ALL THE LAWYERS. I expect some of the legal fees here (remember these are in the TENS of MILLIONS) are "leaking" back to those who are pulling these invisible strings. Admittedly an unusual conjecture, but there is too many questionable actions/testimony/legal actions for the "Story" to be anything but a political hit job. Lawyers are a great place to start looking if you want those who will respond to political connections and influence.

Cross examine whom? Anyone? Every one who testified except CS were irrelevant to the Spanier case as second hand at best. For example, MM didn't talk to Spanier nor the victim who was on the stand, nor did Jack. The prosecutors essentially tried CS instead of Spanier and somehow the judge allowed all of their antics.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I'd cut Tamba some slack. The defense of C/S/S is largely an insider artifact and a position held by a small vocal minority. Nearly everyone else, including a lot of alum are willing to concede that C/S/S are guilty of "something" while at the same time holding on to the belief that Joe did everything he was capable of doing.

That is never going to change so people should just adjust their expectations accordingly

If you carefully analyze ALL the legal activities of the past 6+years, you see the same "shadows" behind the scenes that were part of the 2009-2011 era. SOMETHING FROM DAY ONE has been wrong here and the ONLY way you can even remotely justify it is to say this....someone (person/group/"thing") wants the "Story" that the OAG created and promoted to remain the only thing the Public sees when the name of Paterno and Penn State Football is made. The legality, the validity, the "case" to support what the Public "Story" is ...it is just that weak without someone in authority manipulating the core information that the Public has been sold and the "courts" have operated with.

I am sure that every action we have seen concerning this ordeal has had "hidden in the background" someone making it difficult to challenge the "Story" the public now believes. HERE IS THE REAL ISSUE....as you question WHY NO EFFECTIVE DEFENSE for anyone??? The true facts here are Sooooo much more less compelling than the "STORY" that you MUST believe even the lawyers representing anyone here were "advised" that they better deliver an "acceptable level of non-performance". WHY???? The courts in PA ARE RIGGED!!! Someone/group/"thing" has behind the scenes influence - and this kind of ability to "influence" court activities as we have seen over this period IS 100% ILLEGAL.

Don't give me the "tin hat" response that I must be crazy....you would have to be medically insane NOT to question the overall activities of the Courts, our OGBOT, Freeh and the Judges that have been involved here. SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE and to support what is "public knowledge" and to support it as real FACT always includes this: YOU MUST FORGET/IGNORE the multitude of suspicious features that have ALWAYS surrounded this case!!!!!

Personally, I think you need to look at the personal and professional collusive relationships involving the lawyers....ALL THE LAWYERS. I expect some of the legal fees here (remember these are in the TENS of MILLIONS) are "leaking" back to those who are pulling these invisible strings. Admittedly an unusual conjecture, but there is too many questionable actions/testimony/legal actions for the "Story" to be anything but a political hit job. Lawyers are a great place to start looking if you want those who will respond to political connections and influence.
Agree 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT