ADVERTISEMENT

Swearing off other sites

PSUer1989

Feb 6, 2017
Ok... I am officially swearing off of other wrestling sites (well, maybe not 34 as they stick to wrestling). I go just looking for wrestling talk and discussion and everything eventually comes back to Sandusky. So, for those of you with more tolerance than me- please keep us up to date on the good stuff posted there!

Not everyone has thick skin. You have to take the good with the bad in life!
When the "bad" is constantly the same thing (and something fans have no control over and had 0% to do with wrestling) it is not worth the aggravation for me. The fans from other sites that actually have wrestling input (like you) will usually share it over here.

You'll be missing lots of entertainment value on HR, which rarely fails to disappoint in that respect.

Reactions: nitlion6
You'll be missing lots of entertainment value on HR, which rarely fails to disappoint in that respect.
I know! That's why I need updates of the good stuff! I have little self-control when I read that crap- I respond and it starts a whole long exchange on stuff that has nothing to do with wrestling. And it is hard! Right after my initial post, I started to go to HR and caught myself.

I know! That's why I need updates of the good stuff! I have little self-control when I read that crap- I respond and it starts a whole long exchange on stuff that has nothing to do with wrestling. And it is hard! Right after my initial post, I started to go to HR and caught myself.
Hey, only Spyker gets to expect everyone else to look up readily available info for him.

I've been learning to glance at the things of interest, skip by the dumpster fires, and most of all, do not post! Safer that way. Once the season gets going and things get to mostly wrestling talk, I'm hoping it will be different.

I almost just posted a reply on the Rutgers board. Then I came to my senses. Keep the checking of other boards occasional, skip junk (people who are instigating), no posting or interaction with other boards until the season starts, and you should be ok. Been working better for me so far.

I think I need to wear a rubber band on my wrist, and snap myself every time I am tempted ;-)

Reactions: Gebmo
I've been learning to glance at the things of interest, skip by the dumpster fires, and most of all, do not post! Safer that way. Once the season gets going and things get to mostly wrestling talk, I'm hoping it will be different.

I almost just posted a reply on the Rutgers board. Then I came to my senses. Keep the checking of other boards occasional, skip junk (people who are instigating), no posting or interaction with other boards until the season starts, and you should be ok. Been working better for me so far.

The Rutgers board is a complete disaster compared to HR.

These boards are strange. Lol. You're well liked on HR yet they ban you on the Rutgers board. Then you have me who has had very little trouble on the Rutgers board yet soon as they get a whiff of what handle I'm posting under on HR they quickly give me the boot. Lol.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

I have a similar approach and automatically write off the rationality of anyone dropping the S-word -- no point in trying to change minds or debate with someone in that frame of mind. And I just try to remember that I am a guest on other boards whenever I post.

The one thing with which I disagree is the hope that things get better in-season. I think people get even more emotional during the season, and I find myself struggling to tolerate even the PSU sites as March approaches and the trashing of one another's teams and their wrestlers escalates far beyond playful banter.

Reactions: tikk10 and Gebmo
I have a similar approach and automatically write off the rationality of anyone dropping the S-word -- no point in trying to change minds or debate with someone in that frame of mind. And I just try to remember that I am a guest on other boards whenever I post.

The one thing with which I disagree is the hope that things get better in-season. I think people get even more emotional during the season, and I find myself struggling to tolerate even the PSU sites as March approaches and the trashing of one another's teams and their wrestlers escalates far beyond playful banter.

Yes, I actually agree with you there. Its a matter of when. The first few months always seem to be better (at least to me). Last year I was very comfortable for quite a while on most sites, and sometime after the new year things went downhill and around the tournament and after was downright nasty.

Reactions: slushhead

Absolutely. I had no idea until the last week or so. I never went to that board before this happened. The first week or so all was calm, people seemed reasonable and I thought all was well. I even posted a few times.

Then I get on after a couple of days and wow. Hard to believe the nastiness and narrowness. Hasn't stopped since. I'm only glancing once in a while just until this situation is fully worked out.

RU board is chocked full of posters that feel they aren't being respected as B1G equals. Well... They're not. Not in any sport or in education. So they overcompensate with flames of Sandusky... their one "gotcha" go-to. They feel completely justified in doing so because it makes them feel superior in something. I'm actually a little embarrassed for their sensible posters.
As for HR... I actually like their board and read it frequently. Sure... they mostly hate Cael and all things PSU... but they have have quite a few that will stand up to the PSU hate when it goes too far. Their dumpster fire threads (fire TNT each year after nationals) are pretty enjoyable too. They're not afraid to call each other out.

Absolutely. I had no idea until the last week or so. I never went to that board before this happened. The first week or so all was calm, people seemed reasonable and I thought all was well. I even posted a few times.

Then I get on after a couple of days and wow. Hard to believe the nastiness and narrowness. Hasn't stopped since. I'm only glancing once in a while just until this situation is fully worked out.
There has been some nastiness there that I really haven't seen from them in the past. Call me a softy but I'm giving them a pass on this one. The Suriano subject is touchy and I can see things getting heated because of emotion. They want a winner. They want their first National Champion and they want it from a New Jersey product. You guys are right though, there's no excuse for some of things that are being tossed around there and I do indeed feel bad for the guys that are respectful to all...even PSU fans. That being said, I never once thought that things wouldnt get heated and out of hand when it came to their "hometown hero".

Reactions: tikk10 and Gebmo
I can't read HR nor RU forums for long. After reading 5 or 8 posts, I usually don't see anything good, and I go away for the day or week. The below-quoted HR post, though, is funny!
And, you also cannot assume people that file for divorce want out of their marriage. Usually it about getting the kitchen remodeled.

Reactions: WildTurk
Ok... I am officially swearing off of other wrestling sites (well, maybe not 34 as they stick to wrestling). I go just looking for wrestling talk and discussion and everything eventually comes back to Sandusky. So, for those of you with more tolerance than me- please keep us up to date on the good stuff posted there!
The solution is simple. Every single time someone brings up anything to do with Sandusky reply that they are now on ignore and put them on ignore immediately so that you don't have to see their response. The ones that like to have good discussion will then start to police the board.

Reactions: PSUer1989
The solution is simple. Every single time someone brings up anything to do with Sandusky reply that they are now on ignore and put them on ignore immediately so that you don't have to see their response. The ones that like to have good discussion will then start to police the board.
So logical! I wish I acted logically when angry
;-)

Makes a certain Thursday-Sat stretch in mid-March that much more enjoyable as our squad keeps ringing up the Ws

So how's it going for you? Withdrawals yet?
It's rough! I have caught myself mindlessly starting to go to their sites- opened a few before I caught myself... bad habits are hard to break!

I go back to work next week, so less time to be on the sites...

Last edited:
Reactions: johnstownsteel
I am really being tempted... I might have to get a pass to read all HR threads with PDIII in the thread title!

You have already been back viewing content on HR. No doubt about it. I mean, Who wouldn't want to visit the best wrestling board on the daily?:p

I don't understand. Go where you want, when you want. Just separate the wheat from the chaff (apologize for the biblical reference), and YOU be responsible. Crappy posters can be seen a mile away by their posts, no need to tell them so. Gets out of control from there, and everyone involved can take the credit for the escalation.

You have already been back viewing content on HR. No doubt about it. I mean, Who wouldn't want to visit the best wrestling board on the daily?:p

So Turk, are you going to poke at PD2 when he starts posting nonsense on HR? (You did an entertaining job of that on Cyclone Fanatic.)

Don't read the Franklin gets a raise thread on the Rutger's board.

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT