ADVERTISEMENT

SVN to PSU!!

Woo Hoo!!!
Welcome aboard young man! You've selected the best place to further develop your vast talent in order to win individual AND team titles. Best of luck!

This. ^^

HS Van Ness has HS Nolf written all over him. Hopefully it works out similarly in college.
giphy.gif

This is the guy I wanted. Scores points and is very inventive - PSU is the perfect room for him
Starting at 1:10, highlights of Van Ness wrecking Seminary's Drew Munch 19-5. Munch finished last year #8 at the very deep weight, and is now at Lehigh.

So much to like here -- the aggression, the quickness, the quick transition from move to move ..

Bonus: Bartlett highlights beginning immediately after the Van Ness highlights (at 1:45).

This is who I thought is a #1 of #1 recruits... Would like to hear LemonPie's opinion.
I can't wait for this BS to be over with (in a positive manner of course) and get going with Wrestling.... normal season!!

Reactions: kirbycroft
Starting at 1:10, highlights of Van Ness wrecking Seminary's Drew Munch 19-5. Munch finished last year #8 at the very deep weight, and is now at Lehigh.

So much to like here -- the aggression, the quickness, the quick transition from move to move ..

Bonus: Bartlett highlights beginning immediately after the Van Ness highlights (at 1:45).

Van Ness and Bartlett back to back is just gonna be unfair.

WE ARE!!!

It may not turn out this way, but we as fans should be thinking Van Ness shirts in 2022.

He has a broken leg and is having (recently had?) surgery. He'll likely miss much of this year -- which means potentially a lost year of training and development.

Hard enough for a true freshman to come in and compete at a Penn State level, without that setback.

Great pickup. He does that thing where he's trying to pin you at the same time he's taking you down. Looks so loose on his feet but never in danger of being out of control or not knowing where he is, kind of like Yianni.

Reactions: Grove Lion
Here is the 20-13 barn burner from last year between Bartlett and SVN. Terrific match! Interesting to hear Willie during the match comment on potential college landing spots for both guys and Penn State wasn't mentioned for either of them 😎 I guess Cael had a plan that Flo wasn't aware of! Watching that match knowing that both have now chosen PSU can't help but bring a smile to any PSU wrestling fan. Bartlett v. SVN

125 - Howard - rFR
133 - RBY - rJR
141 - Bartlett - rFR
149 - Nick Lee - SR after Olympic Redshirt
157 - 1 of the 4 B’s (Boone, Busiello, Berge, Baraclough)
165 - Joe Lee - rSO
174 - Starocci - rSO
184 - Brooks - SO not sure if he ORS or regular RDS
197 - Beard - rSO
HWT - Kerkvliet - rFr after ORS. I’m assuming he gets last year as a redshirt.

Not a bad lineup.

Here is the 20-13 barn burner from last year between Bartlett and SVN. Terrific match! Interesting to hear Willie during the match comment on potential college landing spots for both guys and Penn State wasn't mentioned for either of them 😎 I guess Cael had a plan that Flo wasn't aware of! Watching that match knowing that both have now chosen PSU can't help but bring a smile to any PSU wrestling fan. Bartlett v. SVN
@smalls103 just wasn't tipping his hand.

Honestly, and don’t kill me, I was a little turned off by the instagram video and especially the rap music. One lyric in the background was about a guy getting out of jail for manslaughter. Give me a humble Aaron Brooks or Jason Nolf any day. I get its a different era with all the social media and I am happy for such a great commit,but I was afraid Suriano was a mistake,...getting the same feeling with that video. Blast away!

Reactions: KidDagger
... it said Beau knows near the bottom ...
Wow. I didn’t think these young guys would know a Bo Jackson commercial from back in the day.

(Speaking of 1989, the number another summer, my kids/family watched “Do The Right Thing” recently. It was timeless (and timely) and still watchable. Impressive.)

Last edited:

125 - Howard - rFR
133 - RBY - rJR
141 - Bartlett - rFR
149 - Nick Lee - SR after Olympic Redshirt
157 - 1 of the 4 B’s (Boone, Busiello, Berge, Baraclough)
165 - Joe Lee - rSO
174 - Starocci - rSO
184 - Brooks - SO not sure if he ORS or regular RDS
197 - Beard - rSO
HWT - Kerkvliet - rFr after ORS. I’m assuming he gets last year as a redshirt.

Not a bad lineup.
Facundo in the mix too.

Honestly, and don’t kill me, I was a little turned off by the instagram video and especially the rap music. One lyric in the background was about a guy getting out of jail for manslaughter. Give me a humble Aaron Brooks or Jason Nolf any day. I get its a different era with all the social media and I am happy for such a great commit,but I was afraid Suriano was a mistake,...getting the same feeling with that video. Blast away!
The great Johnny Cash sang “I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die”

just sayin’

ADVERTISEMENT