ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano vs. Karam at Beast of the East?

Generally I don't dwell on rankings but I'm still unsure why NS plummeted (comparatively) in the PfP after losing to Arajua on a last second reversal. He's lost 3 matches in 3 years - to Lee, Fix and Arajua - the latter 2 he avenged and he's 1-1 with Spencer. Unbeaten in 3+ years in NJ.

How is Pletcher's CV better? Four losses in PA contests that I know of - Headlee (x2), Myers, and Lizak), drilled by Piccinini.

As an aside, you've got to love how the P.A. guy is talking about where he's going to college just as he throws Karam to his back.

Reactions: dunkej01
Generally I don't dwell on rankings but I'm still unsure why NS plummeted (comparatively) in the PfP after losing to Arajua on a last second reversal. He's lost 3 matches in 3 years - to Lee, Fix and Arajua - the latter 2 he avenged and he's 1-1 with Spencer. Unbeaten in 3+ years in NJ.

How is Pletcher's CV better? Four losses in PA contests that I know of - Headlee (x2), Myers, and Lizak), drilled by Piccinini.

As an aside, you've got to love how the P.A. guy is talking about where he's going to college just as he throws Karam to his back.
You're not wrong. Suriano is easily a top 5 P4P guy and could be the number 2 P4P guy in his class

And all 3 losses were about as close as you can get. If we can land Spencer imagine those 2 back to back in the lineup.

If?

The NLWC or dare I say the "skulls" of division 1 wrestling have already stoked the fire and have the iron getting red hot.

If we can land Spencer imagine those 2 back to back in the lineup.

At this point, getting Lee is the important thing. Suriano's P4P ranking, not so much. I understand this is just more message board banter, but honestly, I just can't get hung up on the rankings for high school kids.

Slightly OT: Luke Gardner finished 2nd at the Wyoming Seminary Excalibur tourney. Lost 3-2 in the finals to Mekhi Lewis of Bound Brook, NJ, who was 3rd at states last year.

Mason Manville did not compete -- no need for concern, looks like several Seminary guys did not compete at their own tourney.

Beard got handled pretty easily by Gentile 7-2. Surprised by how easily he beat him.

Beard wrestled flat and a terrible match. No excuses for him, and Kyle flat out beat him in that match. Rematch will most likely take place at Escape the Rock. Rashon Lusane and Nick Lattanze wrestled their tails off this past weekend for us. Rashon was sick and still took 4th. He weighs 184lbs without even trying to lose weight coming off football. I expect him to improve a lot over the course of the year. Nick was seeded too low and showed it by only losing to Karam and placing 3rd. Nick and his twin brother Matt are going to Brown University next fall and will wrestle 133lbs and 149lbs respectively. Also I told everyone to watch for Shane Hanson-Ashworth, and he's right there with everyone else at 106lbs. He knows he has to open up his offense a little more as he took 7th, losing 3-2, 3-1 and 1-0. I expect growth from him over the course of the year.

Lots of room for improvement from our team, but happy with a 7th place at Ironman and 6th place at Beast of the East. Only Blair and us attended those tournaments back-to-back.

Flo interview with Suriano after he won his 4th BOTE title can be accessed at THIS LINK.

enjoy
"I eat pressure for breakfast, honestly." Classic. I also liked, "I'm finding ways to get better."

I'm going to assume that Nick has good coaching and advice to go along with his own maturity, focus and determination.

Beard wrestled flat and a terrible match. No excuses for him, and Kyle flat out beat him in that match. Rematch will most likely take place at Escape the Rock. Rashon Lusane and Nick Lattanze wrestled their tails off this past weekend for us. Rashon was sick and still took 4th. He weighs 184lbs without even trying to lose weight coming off football. I expect him to improve a lot over the course of the year. Nick was seeded too low and showed it by only losing to Karam and placing 3rd. Nick and his twin brother Matt are going to Brown University next fall and will wrestle 133lbs and 149lbs respectively. Also I told everyone to watch for Shane Hanson-Ashworth, and he's right there with everyone else at 106lbs. He knows he has to open up his offense a little more as he took 7th, losing 3-2, 3-1 and 1-0. I expect growth from him over the course of the year.

Lots of room for improvement from our team, but happy with a 7th place at Ironman and 6th place at Beast of the East. Only Blair and us attended those tournaments back-to-back.

May as well go ahead and bump a few more of these from my search...

Reactions: Onceafish and Gebmo
ADVERTISEMENT