ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano vs. Karam at Beast of the East?

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
The Beast is this weekend (Sat/Sun) at the University of Delaware. Seeds, tourney info, and a link to brackets can be found HERE.

Suriano got the top seed at 126, and Karam got the #2 seed.

No other current PSU commits are attending. Some other seeds of interest:
138: 1 Shane Griffith (Bergen Catholic NJ), 2 Sammy Sasso (Nazareth)
145: 1 David Carr (Perry Massillon OH)
182: 1 Michael Beard (Malvern Prep)
285: 5 Tommy Killoran (Boyertown), 6 Seth Janney (Malvern Prep)

The Beast is this weekend (Sat/Sun) at the University of Delaware. Seeds, tourney info, and a link to brackets can be found HERE.

No other current PSU commits are attending. Some other seeds of interest:
138: 1 Shane Griffith (Bergen Catholic NJ), 2 Sammy Sasso (Nazareth)
145: 1 David Carr (Perry Massillon OH)
182: 1 Michael Beard (Malvern Prep)
285: 5 Tommy Killoran (Boyertown), 6 Seth Janney (Malvern Prep)
Beard is going to be a beast. Didn't he give Reenan some tough matches over the past year though only a sophomore?

It is interesting to see how these things evolve.

Past BOTE Tourneys:
2014: Suriano took 1st at 120, Karam took 1st at 126, and was the OW
2013: Suriano took 1st at 113; he defeated Karam 11-1 in the finals
2012: Suriano took 1st at 106, Karam did not compete at BOTE

As indicated in one of the articles I linked in an earlier post today, these 2 met last month at Super32. They each had excellent tourneys. Karam defeated Daton Fix in the semis, 9-3, and Suriano defeated Vitali Arajau in the semis, 4-1, then Suriano bested Karam in the finals, 5-1.

Off topic but Chestnut Ridge freshman Jared McGill decisioned returning Bedford state champ Jon Gabriel in last night's dual meet.

So checking the bracket of BOTE, and here's what I noted from Day 1 competition:

- Suriano is into the quarters, and is rolling. R1 he had a pin in 3:34, R2 he had a TF in 3:26, and R3 he had a pin in 2:45. He'll face Andrew Wert (Central Dauphin) in the quarters
- Karam is doing very well in the bottom bracket at 126. In R1 he had a TF at 5:44, in R2 a pin at 1:33, and in R3 a TF at 4:54. He'll face Nicholas Lattanze (Malvern Prep) in the quarters
- at 138, Sammy Sasso (Nazareth) and Shane Griffith (Bergen Cath), the #2 and #1 seeds, respectively, appear to be on a collision course
- you have to go all the way to 195 to find a weight were the 1, 2, 3, and 4 seeds did not advance to the quarters. Kevin Snyder (Good Counsel) lost due to injury in R3, and then medical forfeited in his only consolation bracket match
- at 220, the #3 seed (Scott Lavelle, DePaul) lost in R1
- at 285, the #1 seed (Dan Herman, THS -- I think that's The Hill School; not certain) lost in R1, when he was pinned in the 1st period.
- Mike Beard (Malvern Prep) is tearing through 182. He had a TF in R1 at 3:31, a pin at 1:05 in R2, and a pin at 1:18 in R3. He seems to be on a collision course with Kyle Gentile (Pennridge -- another Lehigh verbal)

those are just some of the things that stood out to me after scanning the brackets

Suriano's teammate, 138 top seed Shane Griffth withdrew with a knee injury.

Assuming he wins his semi, Sammy Sasso will get #12 seed Nick Santos (St. Peter's Prep, NJ) in the finals.

Suriano's teammate, 138 top seed Shane Griffth withdrew with a knee injury.

Assuming he wins his semi, Sammy Sasso will get #12 seed Nick Santos (St. Peter's Prep, NJ) in the finals.
Sasso is very good for a Soph i believe....Cael needs to be on him now ! So Karam got beat ?

Sasso is very good for a Soph i believe....Cael needs to be on him now ! So Karam got beat ?
Wouldn't bet on it given the commitment from Joe Lee already and Seth Nevills likely to be a big target in that class, but who knows

I disagree COMPLETELY. IMHO, Cael should be recruiting the wrestlers HE thinks will be best for the PSU team, and definitely NOT those that spyker thinks he should be recruiting. JMHO. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JUBAN
Here's video of Suriano vs. Matthew Marino (Garnet Valley) in the semis, from NJ.com

I disagree COMPLETELY. IMHO, Cael should be recruiting the wrestlers HE thinks will be best for the PSU team, and definitely NOT those that spyker thinks he should be recruiting. JMHO. :rolleyes:
Well if Cael or you would see Sasso he is unreal for a 10th grader....Watched him down at states last year...Pa

T
What in this thread has you thinking Karam got beat? Karam and Siriano are in the finals. You need to read more and ask fewer questions, because 2 of them in this thread were not very good ones.
to be fair, he was replying to an erroneous post that was subsequently edited.

That said, he is a little excitable. Google should be his friend.

Looks like they started at 132. Saving the best for last. By the way, Sasso won 5-1.
Sasso is the real deal.....Go to the Pa states and you will feel the same....According to his Dad at club he will be wrestling 141 in college...The lee brothers will be up higher i believe. His dad says he only weighs 130 now....Wrestling up this year which is even more impressive !!!!

Sasso is the real deal.....Go to the Pa states and you will feel the same....According to his Dad at club he will be wrestling 141 in college...The lee brothers will be up higher i believe. His dad says he only weighs 130 now....Wrestling up this year which is even more impressive !!!!
Very impressive. I hope to go to states this year.

Jordan Wood lost 6-5 in the 220 final.

ADVERTISEMENT