ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano still out?

I'm not torn at all.

As if karma can only work in one direction. Wouldn't it also be karma if our spite for Suriano were realized, and it got Tan Tom the national title?
There might be a sense of whew that was close, but it isn't going to be that close.

Reactions: ccdiver
Tomasello will never get to Suriano. Lee will take him out in the semis.
Of which tournament?

If Lee beats Tomasello at B10s -- huge assumption since Nato will not take bottom again -- then they'll be on opposite sides of the bracket at nationals. Tomasello will be the 4. Lee will be the 2 (if he beats Suriano in the B10 finals) or the 3.

Of which tournament?

If Lee beats Tomasello at B10s -- huge assumption since Nato will not take bottom again -- then they'll be on opposite sides of the bracket at nationals. Tomasello will be the 4. Lee will be the 2 (if he beats Suriano in the B10 finals) or the 3.
Yeah I forgot about Cruz (after all he's just the defending champ).

Reactions: tabenn
From our favorite news source, NJ.com

'Sunday's match at Princeton is Rutgers' regular season finale. The Scarlet Knights will then have a 12-day break before the Big Ten Championships in East Lansing, Michigan, on March 3-4, so Suriano should have no issue being ready for the postseason.'

Where have we heard that before?

I don’t see Suriano beating Lee or Nato (unfortunately).
For Lee to beat Suriano, he needs to finish him early somehow or take a comfortable lead into the third period. I don’t think he can match Suriano’s third period gas tank. But how much gas does a recently sick guy have?

For Lee to beat Suriano, he needs to finish him early somehow or take a comfortable lead into the third period. I don’t think he can match Suriano’s third period gas tank. But how much gas does a recently sick guy have?
How big is a cruiseliners tank?

I’m betting my money that we see Suriano at 133 in the post-season.

Based on what? You usually have good info, but I don't see this weight jump happening
The flu takes about a week... two to be back close to 100%. Strep takes about 5 days to be back close to 100%. They burn a RS this late? From what I’ve read, that kid is not just a room guy at Rutgers. If he isn’t wrestling in the post-season, that was a horrific coaching move, imo.

Reactions: hlstone and tabenn
The flu takes about a week... two to be back close to 100%. Strep takes about 5 days to be back close to 100%. They burn a RS this late? From what I’ve read, that kid is not just a room guy at Rutgers. If he isn’t wrestling in the post-season, that was a horrific coaching move, imo.
Could Suriano have Mono? That could knock someone down for months depending upon the severity.

Could Suriano have Mono? That could knock someone down for months depending upon the severity.

Cael's deliberate avoidance of the press post Rutgers match undoubtedly was a leading cause for whatever sickness that ails him.

Reactions: Ski

The coach is a dolt. Almost no one on the board there recognizes it. There are a few, but mostly it's like Jets fans when Rex Ryan was guaranteeing Super Bowl victories. They are drinking the kool aid. It's like mini-HR there.

Reactions: JLA71
Starting to possibly make sense.

I said the other day I was hearing NS may miss Bigs & maybe NCAAs. Having Metzler lose his RS at this stage doesnt make a lot of sense unless NS is out for the season. Then at least Metzler gets a shot in the lineup and who knows how he does at the Bigs.. Still dont like the move but this may be whats going on

I’m betting my money that we see Suriano at 133 in the post-season.

I agree with Gray52....... if Suriano wrestles post season that he will be moving up to 133. I have never been a fan of the Rutgers Coach, but he would never pull at wrestlers red shirt for two duals the last weekend of the season. The Redshirt was pulled for a reason, Rutgers needs a 125 over for the post season.

Therefore, Suriano is done for the year or he will move up, wrestle-off and try to take the 133-lb spot. I have no inside information, but just connecting the dots.

Would Metzler even be eligible for the post season at this point? Are you saying this weight class change for NS would be health related, or are you suggesting it would be to duck Spencer Lee?

Would Metzler even be eligible for the post season at this point? Are you saying this weight class change for NS would be health related, or are you suggesting it would be to duck Spencer Lee?
No way it could be to duck Lee. Suriano has a lot of confidence in himself. Plus, does it help to bump up to Gross?!

Reactions: hlstone

Agree, why burn that kid's (Shane Metzler) redshirt at this juncture of the season? To help win a dual meet against Wisconsin, which was needed to avoid a losing dual meet season? Hardly seems worth it.

And one other negative about the idea of the Jersey kid moving from 125 to 133 - that move would displace DelVecchio, who is one of RU's better guys at 17-4 and ranked around #20.

Edit - tomsc just beat me to the point about DelVecchio.

You and I would be eligible for the postseason if we were college freshmen.

Metzler would get a low seed at B10s -- guessing in the 10-12 range -- and have zero shot at being seeded at nationals if he qualified.

You and I would be eligible for the postseason if we were college freshmen.

Metzler would get a low seed at B10s -- guessing in the 10-12 range -- and have zero shot at being seeded at nationals if he qualified.
Not to mention the NS wouldn't get seeded either at 133. I don't believe he has any matches at that weight.

Don’t know Suriano so I could easily be offbase but he doesn’t seem the type to care who he displaces if he moved up. Also, at times Goodale seems like he doesn’t care if the wrestlers run the asylum...

Reactions: Ski and tabenn
I agree with Gray52....... if Suriano wrestles post season that he will be moving up to 133. I have never been a fan of the Rutgers Coach, but he would never pull at wrestlers red shirt for two duals the last weekend of the season. The Redshirt was pulled for a reason, Rutgers needs a 125 over for the post season.

Therefore, Suriano is done for the year or he will move up, wrestle-off and try to take the 133-lb spot. I have no inside information, but just connecting the dots.

That rationale (in red above) doesn't make much sense to me either. RU is not going to contend at B1Gs or NCAAs - with or without Metzler at 125 - so why burn his redshirt?

ADVERTISEMENT