ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano injured.

Saw a tweet that when Suriano first went to the bench, he said to Cael, "I just broke my ankle. " Hope that isn't true.

So where is Suriano now? On the bench in the locker room or on the way to the hospital?

my fear is achilles tendon...

It looked exactly like a sprain to me: The same thing Basketball players get when they land wrong. It keeps them out a couple weeks usually.

Big Ten's are in a couple of weeks.

Here is the scenario the way I see it: Achilles: out. HIGH sprian: out. REGULAR sprain: tape it up, win two matches at B1G's, and forfeit out and get ready for Nationals.

I broke my ankle in high school and didn't know it was broken for 3-4 days. I have "weak" ankles and used to sprain them all of the time and to be honest the pain I experienced from a bad sprain was no different than when I broke it. I was actually shocked that is was broken.

I don't believe that we'll send "nobody" to the Big Ten's if Nick is out. Just my thoughts on the matter.

What's so frustrating about this injury is how it was just a typical turn and face after the escape. He just happened to put his weight right on the toe. If anything, I would of figured a bruised big toe, not a serious ankle injury.

Last edited:
Never said I was a doctor, just going off the reaction of the kid and how he can't physically put anything on his ankle.
Im notorious for ankle sprains and I can tell you I've had some nasty ones where I couldn't walk for 3 or 4 days and was fine within a week or so. Not saying what's wrong with Nick but I do know the pain and swelling an ankle sprain can cause. Too well...

Please alert me to the last time Cael lied about something.

data points...
nick in picture which suggests its not that big of a deal otherwise wouldnt he be doing something else
picture has bare foot of Nick...like he was icing it.
Caels statement that he is ok

stepping back from the ledge....waiting on spyker to text me

data points...
nick in picture which suggests its not that big of a deal otherwise wouldnt he be doing something else

Slowly stepping back from the ledge...paging Spyker.

Im notorious for ankle sprains and I can tell you I've had some nasty ones where I couldn't walk for 3 or 4 days and was fine within a week or so. Not saying what's wrong with Nick but I do know the pain and swelling an ankle sprain can cause. Too well...

Remember when Frank looked like a mummy and beat that kid from Oregon State?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Saw a tweet that when Suriano first went to the bench, he said to Cael, "I just broke my ankle. " Hope that isn't true.

Don't know how things will shake out but I sprained my ankle one time and it sounded like a gunshot went off. I was convinced it was broken.

Don't know how things will shake out but I sprained my ankle one time and it sounded like a gunshot went off. I was convinced it was broken.

Me too! Thought I'd never walk again ;-) A week later I was walking on it and was back at full speed in another week. Hope Nick is ok ... keeping my fingers crossed.

Me too. As a rule of thumb, sprains heal approximately 90% in the first month. The other 10% takes many months. Good news is that usually you can wrestle on it in ~ 3 weeks if they wrap the shit out of it. The timing on this is no doubt tight, and every situation is different.

Last edited:
Coach will surely say something at the Coaches Show, limited as it may be due to privacy rules.

data points...

You on the inside with Spyker?? Color me impressed (and envious). :mad::eek:

You know that "coach speak" and outright lying are different things, right? You probably also remember Sanderson saying that Cortez was almost ready, could have gone this weekend, and held out for precautionary measures, etc.
Not to mention Mccutcheon last year

ADVERTISEMENT