ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

Bassett completely demolished #11 seed Degennaro 29-13, with a dozen or so takedowns. Sets up a rematch with Knox in the finals.
Bassett/Knox the final I was looking forward to most. Curious to see if Bo closes gap. If we could pick only one kid in this tourney that would be a PSU wrestler one day, my pick would be Jax. I'll also say that if Cael is still a big player on class of 24, Lillendahl and Hopke would thrill the hell out of me. Recruiting is so fun to follow. Love watching Cael build his teams and showing me what a complete idiot I've been through the years on guys i hope we get opposed to the ones he actually lands. He's a genius and is the best out there in evaluating talent.

Bassett/Knox the final I was looking forward to most. Curious to see if Bo closes gap. If we could pick only one kid in this tourney that would be a PSU wrestler one day, my pick would be Jax. I'll also say that if Cael is still a big player on class of 24, Lillendahl and Hopke would thrill the hell out of me. Recruiting is so fun to follow. Love watching Cael build his teams and showing me what a complete idiot I've been through the years on guys i hope we get opposed to the ones he actually lands. He's a genius and is the best out there in evaluating talent.
I agree completely. Jax would be my number 1 kid no matter what class. He has such a diverse skill set and his top game and scrambling are as good as anyones. Plus he’s only a freshman. Kind of crazy how good he is actually. Would love Lilledahl, Knox, Sealey, and probably second after Jax would be PJ Duke. I know some don’t like Knox’s attitude and think he belongs at Rutgers but I see a kid who wrestles everywhere and is always chasing a challenge instead of avoiding them. That’s the kind of kid I want. That’s a big reason I love Forrest so much. The kid shows up everywhere and will wrestle anyone. I love recruiting as well and Cael has proven to be the best at it. I don’t see that changing anytime soon

It was Bassett but now it's Forrest so just want to remind you guys that those guys are a little under 2 years away from officially being allowed to be contacted by coaches, 3 years away from signing and 4 years away from starting college.

Reactions: backdrft76
It was Bassett but now it's Forrest so just want to remind you guys that those guys are a little under 2 years away from officially being allowed to be contacted by coaches, 3 years away from signing and 4 years away from starting college.
Doesn’t mean they aren’t great and it’s fun to talk about. Nothing wrong with that in my book

Not a bad weekend for Davis. Think he has a ton of potential. He's growing pretty quickly, he was 113, 120 for Fargo and now 126.

Not a bad weekend for Davis. Think he has a ton of potential. He's growing pretty quickly, he was 113, 120 for Fargo and now 126.
He had a great weekend I think. Only losing a 1 point match to the champ Davino and beating a bunch of tough kids. Wish Jesuroga would’ve showed up though

Just got a chance to watch the finals. Holy smokes there was some great matches. PJ Duke and Bassett were on missions. That older Blaze was impressive beating Sealy and then Ruiz.

Gibson and Davino was boring and too much respect. They are both so good and held back. I heard Davino is leaning towards Wisconsin for some reason.

Correa is a very skilled upper weight. castillo just finds ways to win. Bassett made a huge jump from wtt and last year super 32. Could be he has hit puberty. I rewatched that match with knox this week. He was like a little boy last year.
Lilledahl is another one who just wins and knows how to find away.
Lemley is very good. PJ Duke wow, just wow. Welsh was impressive cutting the kid with little time on the clock and believed in himself.

OW-
Little weight- Bassett
Middle- Duke
Upper- Correa

Reactions: fronk71
I agree- Levi is the next Train!
Rewatching Davis he seems interesting and doesn’t seem to lose much.

Conner Harer wrestled great. He is the real deal. His little brother had two solid wins. Beat Sems Fretwell and Mcort’s Herring.

Reactions: Loudenswain32
I could see him being the next zain
I think one thing that doesn’t get mentioned enough about Zain is that he does have a bit of a mean streak, a nastiness about his wrestling style. He’s such a humble, soft-spoken guy off the mat, this often gets overlooked. At first glance, Duke appears to have that edge to him as well.

I think one thing that doesn’t get mentioned enough about Zain is that he does have a bit of a mean streak, a nastiness about his wrestling style. He’s such a humble, soft-spoken guy off the mat, this often gets overlooked. At first glance, Duke appears to have that edge to him as well.
Let's not forget Jason raking the coals.

• Haha
Reactions: Cstroke
There big guns weren’t there though. No Jesuroga or Block. Both kids ranked first or second
No Gabe Arnold either.

He seems to have Twitter fingers recently (bunch of yawning emojis during 182 matches at Fargo and WNO) ...

No Gabe Arnold either.

He seems to have Twitter fingers recently (bunch of yawning emojis during 182 matches at Fargo and WNO) ...
Hard to take guys like that serious. Show up and put it on the line. He got pushed at Elite 8 duals

Arnold is ranked top 2? Hell there are juniors I'd take before him. One of them is PSU bound.
No Jesuroga was #1 at 126. Not sure I'd put Davino over him yet. They've been close in the past though.

Block was #1 at 138. Block will likely be #2 behind Duke now. He got absolutely worked by Bailey at WNO.

Arnold is #7 at 182.

Reactions: zzs006
Yeah misread the string. My bad
Yeah I believe Arnold is training with Sebolt now.

He tweeted a yawning emoji during the Mirasola/Heeg Fargo Final and then again during the Thompson/Ryder WNO match. Was waiting for it during the Rogotzke/Naaktgeboren Super 32 final.

Kind of ironic since that club always gets salty when PA wrestlers chirp and have a "show up or shut up" mentality.

He tweeted a yawning emoji during the Mirasola/Heeg Fargo Final and then again during the Thompson/Ryder WNO match. Was waiting for it during the Rogotzke/Naaktgeboren Super 32 final.

Kind of ironic since that club always gets salty when PA wrestlers chirp and have a "show up or shut up" mentality.
I take Ryder over Arnold every time especially once they get to college. Arnold seems to have plateaued and Ryder is only getting better. It’s only going to get worse with Arnold at Iowa and Ryder at PSU

Iowa has that whole "show up or shut up" mentality down to a T when the conditions are favorable for them to show up. Must be something in the water because there is a collegiate program and its fan base in that state that practices the same.

Excuses are for wussies except when they are mine...

Iowa has that whole "show up or shut up" mentality down to a T when the conditions are favorable for them to show up. Must be something in the water because there is a collegiate program and its fan base in that state that practices the same.

Excuses are for wussies except when they are mine...
Right? Apparently it's up to PA to go to Fargo and Tulsa and not to them to go to the Midatlantic Folk Tournaments.

ADVERTISEMENT