ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

Trust me I am a M2 guy but in less than a year Marsteller has taken over the Eastern side of PA and getting all those kids working hard together.

Take over the country? Im no PA wrestling know-it-all but I will say I never even knew Mars had a program.
You honestly think he will overtake M2?
That was pretty hyperbolic.

Marsteller's club is in Reading, so it's more accessible than M2 for kids from Philly and Allentown. PA has enough kids that's there's plenty of room for his club too.

Brock also goes by who suits up for what club at events like Waterway, Columbus, etc. which is somewhat useless when evaluating club strength.

Chance has been putting together teams for those events with guys that have loose or no affiliation to his club for years now. Don't get me wrong, a lot of those guys roll there on occasion and his club is strong, but just because a kid wrestles for Stellar Gold doesn't mean he's not a Malvern or Arsenal, Apache, Lost Boy, etc. regular.

M2 has kids compete with them that aren't training with them regularly on occasion, but probably not as much as Stellar. Chance is competitive - he likes to win stuff. He's been recruiting state champs to wrestle on his teams at some events as far back as 2015 - I can tell you that first-hand.

I put together teams under ETR that are predominately CR South kids, then Apache kids if we have holes, then occasionally just a kid we know from another club or has wrestled with us a bunch since he was young or maybe just somebody who is friends with some kids on our team. Doesn't mean a kid who is wrestling with us is going to CR South this year, or even trains at Apache - but plenty of dads out there that make this assumption (kind of like Gibson going to BECA). It's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Is this normal there are a ton of no shows? I would have to think there are 30plus ranked kids who didn’t show up.
Simcox said earlier this week Perry’s wouldn’t show up. I hope he is ok and not injured. It looks like Perry is the only big name PA guy who didn’t show.

Good luck PA

Is this normal there are a ton of no shows? I would have to think there are 30plus ranked kids who didn’t show up.
Simcox said earlier this week Perry’s wouldn’t show up. I hope he is ok and not injured. It looks like Perry is the only big name PA guy who didn’t show.

Good luck PA
I don't blame him. S32 has too many entrants, and thus too many rounds and greater injury risk, in many weights.

Good luck PA
On FRL they said it’s common to have a bunch not show because you have to register super early. A lot can happen in a couple months so they even debated what percentage wouldn’t show and they said hopefully only 10%.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
What is wrong with Sebolt? Dominates at Fargo and seems average at Super 32. What is it? Freestyle vs Folkstyle?

@willieSaylor
Is it normal for this many ranked guys not showing up? Is it because they are scared to lose? MAM took this approach and barely competes. Seems like more and more are doing the same. I counted 4-5 #1 seeds who didn’t even show at Super. Willie- you should dock these types of kids from the rankings or factor that in. Maybe if they lose their rank they will be ready to get after it again.
Do college coaches frown on this for being scared or trying to hold their national rank? There is no where to hide in college, especially in the B10.

Thanks to PA power for great coverage. It’s been hard following the huge bracket PA @TheSuper32 Quarterfinalists

106 - #8 A. Seidel vs. M. Romero (CA)
113 - #6 N. Desmond vs. #11 L. Gill
113 - #2 B. Bassett vs. #10 J. James (NJ)
120 - #1 J. Forrest vs. #2 @ 106 J. Raney (KY)
120 - #7 V. Kilkeary vs. #5 A. Koehler (MN)
126 - T. Parkins vs. #7 B. Davis (MI)
126 - #3 M. Gibson vs. #HM J. Joyce (RI)
132 - PA Goes 0-4 in Round of 16

national ranking listed
Mcort has three in the quarters and I think herring is still alive.

Reactions: danoftw and fronk71
Get over it, there’s got to be a 100 reasons why kids don’t go, and none has to do with being scared. You want willie to hold that against them get a life. Might as well have him not count free results like fargo, which I’d like to see if he’s ranking kids for the folkstyle season.

I would hope college coaches do more thorough evaluations than just “who goes to the most big tournaments.”

Adam waters pushed Welsh. Waters is a Freshmen at Faith Academy. Simcox beats #2 ranked Nini. Dom Frontino into the Quarters

Reactions: danoftw
What is wrong with Sebolt? Dominates at Fargo and seems average at Super 32. What is it? Freestyle vs Folkstyle?
They wouldn’t dominate at Fargo if the Commonwealth really gave a shit. You could make a super team of all the Pa guys who never went to Fargo. Let them have their booby prize - doesn’t mean shit at the next level

Reactions: danoftw
They wouldn’t dominate at Fargo if the Commonwealth really gave a shit. You could make a super team of all the Pa guys who never went to Fargo. Let them have their booby prize - doesn’t mean shit at the next level
No it means a ton. Honestly, Iowa should really focus on just recruiting just kids from Iowa going forward and stay out of PA, we can't even come within 100 of them at Fargo.

bat-spike.gif

Good luck PA
I saw Perry today. He was the grand marshal at the flaming foliage parade in Renovo. Great kid

@willieSaylor
Is it normal for this many ranked guys not showing up? Is it because they are scared to lose? MAM took this approach and barely competes. Seems like more and more are doing the same. I counted 4-5 #1 seeds who didn’t even show at Super. Willie- you should dock these types of kids from the rankings or factor that in. Maybe if they lose their rank they will be ready to get after it again.
Do college coaches frown on this for being scared or trying to hold their national rank? There is no where to hide in college, especially in the B10.

Yeah, there are always a ton of scratches. S32 has as much talent scratch as most tournaments have actually wrestle.

that being said, i was surprised to have 3 #'1s not weigh in (Block, Nasir, Thompson). +Nate Jesuroga was hurt.

Perry scratched late b/c there was a death in the family.

i don't dock kids for not showing up. sh!t happens. that being said, i do work on total resume and both Bailey and Block aren't safe at the 1/2 positions should Duke win this.

Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
Yeah, there are always a ton of scratches. S32 has as much talent scratch as most tournaments have actually wrestle.

that being said, i was surprised to have 3 #'1s not weigh in (Block, Nasir, Thompson). +Nate Jesuroga was hurt.

Perry scratched late b/c there was a death in the family.

i don't dock kids for not showing up. sh!t happens. that being said, i do work on total resume and both Bailey and Block aren't safe at the 1/2 positions should Duke win this.
A little off topic, but I have to ask Willie...up early or still up from last night?

Raney catches Forrest and pins him when trailing 14-5 in the third.
Not to nit pick but I wouldn’t have used the word catches. The kid Raney seemed aware of what the other kid was going to attempt given he had done the same takedown three times already and put himself in a good position to defend and did an excellent job going for the craddle.

Raney vs Jax was crazy. Jax goes for his dump from neutral which he has scored on twice and this time Raney stops it and locks up a cradle. Still, Jax did pretty much whatever he wanted up until that point. All Raneys points were free escapes. I really hope they meet again on the backside. Raney now has decked both Bassett in Fargo and Jax today. I bet he’s the only kid in the country that can boast that. I still gained a bit more respect for Jax though in how he took the loss. Just jumped up, ran to center, shook Raneys hand and congratulated him, and walked off with his chin up. Kid seems to have a really good head on his shoulders

I didn’t see anything out of bounds. He barely shook hands? Dad said we have a name for people who take losing well. We call them, “losers.”

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Bassett completely demolished #11 seed Degennaro 29-13, with a dozen or so takedowns. Sets up a rematch with Knox in the finals.
Definitely the final I’m most interested in. I also think 195 should be good with Aeoden Sinclair vid Jude Correa. Both guys got dinged up in the semis though so hopefully they are healthy for the finals. Sinclair, a junior is a Fargo champ from Askrens club and Correa is a sophomore from Wyoming Sem. Would love if either one comes to PSU but we seem loaded up around their weight unless Correa can grow into a heavy. If he can it would be a pretty perfect fit time wise

Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT