ADVERTISEMENT

Suck on it, Iowa

The IA boards are hilarious. They are complaining about the Penn Staters coming over to “compliment“ them on their football team’s complete ineptness, like they are completely surprised that is happening after the past week during which their posters were constantly spewing garbage on this board.

They say all their posters that came over to the PSU board this past week immediately got banned, but we all know that is absolutely false. They are complaining that their mods aren’t immediately banning all PSU posters. Apparently multiple threads started by Penn Staters have already been deleted. They are doubling down on the PSU cheating and claiming they would have destroyed PSU even if Clifford wasn’t knocked out of the game. And of course all Penn Staters are pedafiles and Paterno was a disgusting individual, LOL. A sure sign they have lost any argument they had with regard to the Penn State game.

I used to believe that the O$U fans were the worst, but the Iowa fans have definitely surpassed them as the worst fan base. Never saw OSU fans booing injured players and their HC backing up their disgusting behavior.
This PSU-Iowa thing might go on all year every time something negative happens to either team. This is going to be entertaining going forward

Why? Psu still lost to Iowa and this type of loss by Iowa to Purdue clearly indicates Psu is not that good of a team - Clifford or no Clifford.
There's no transitive property in football. Purdue is 2-15 against PSU. Those were the 2 worst teams in modern PSU history (3-9/4-7). Iowa had been closing the gap on Purdue until Jeff Brohm got there. He's now 4-1 vs Iowa.

Reactions: royboy
I was really conflicted about Purdue's beatdown of Iowa. On one hand, I want the Suckeyes to lose every game they play based on their fans and coaches behavior. On the other hand, I think their defense has been somewhat exposed and this might not be the only loss they have and they may not make it to the B10 championship. I guess we can't worry about their path. We need to take care of business on our end first, starting with Illinois.

I was really conflicted about Purdue's beatdown of Iowa. On one hand, I want the Suckeyes to lose every game they play based on their fans and coaches behavior. On the other hand, I think their defense has been somewhat exposed and this might not be the only loss they have and they may not make it to the B10 championship. I guess we can't worry about their path. We need to take care of business on our end first, starting with Illinois.
Why? What happens with Iowa has absolutely no bearing on us. We control our own destiny.

Reactions: wentzel25
They are all jumping off the bridge over there.... yeesh. It's hard to be honest with yourself when a fan but if they really looked at this Iowa team they had to know they were extremely lucky to get as far as they did before being kicked to the curb.

They kept talking about how “this is the formula” or whatever as an explanation for their record while ignoring the fact that Kirk is usually between 7-5 and 9-3 with it.

They are all jumping off the bridge over there.... yeesh. It's hard to be honest with yourself when a fan but if they really looked at this Iowa team they had to know they were extremely lucky to get as far as they did before being kicked to the curb.
But weren’t they on the verge of curb-stomping Georgia in the semi’s? That’s what I read on their free forum.

I used to respect Iowa as a program. But after booing our injured players, including one who tore his ACL and is probably done playing college football, I can’t say that any longer. Thanks Purdue, I hope you guys party hard tonight.
All jokes aside, you are probably seeing most of their trolls. However, there is really no excuse for the head coaches double down.

And Penn St. knocked the crap out of them for them to lose to Purdue today.
Yeah, that Iowa D clearly had no legs. Plus David Bell is too fast for their secondary. Plus Brohm has Iowa's number. Plus PSU probably exposed some things that Brohm was able to take advantage of.

Plus the Iowa offense is worse than mediocre so if people score on them and don't lose their starting QB, they're toast. It never made sense to have Iowa (or PSU for that matter) ranked that high. Iowa is a top 15-20 type team.

Kirks comments turned this from something that would be forgotten in a week to something that will come up every time they play as long as he and Franklin are coaching.
CJF by Tuesday would have been focusing on 1-0, 1-0, 1-0. The fact that Ferentz was still talking about the injury situation from our game on Tuesday tells me his focus wasn't what it should have been when getting ready to play a team that has pretty much had his team's number no matter the record.

Yeah, that Iowa D clearly had no legs. Plus David Bell is too fast for their secondary. Plus Brohm has Iowa's number. Plus PSU probably exposed some things that Brohm was able to take advantage of.

Plus the Iowa offense is worse than mediocre so if people score on them and don't lose their starting QB, they're toast. It never made sense to have Iowa (or PSU for that matter) ranked that high. Iowa is a top 15-20 type team.
Why PSU for that matter? Let's wait until Ohio State to see about your forecast.

I read numerous posts on their site that where Iowa fans admitted that they probably are no better than a 6 win team for the season if they played in the East Division.

Maybe this says something about me but, what the hell, so am I. When I spotted my Buckeye buddy at the gym this morning, I said, “Iowa” and we both burst out laughing.

Well everybody who watched the PSU-Iowa game knows PSU wins that game going away if Cliff doesn't go down minutes into the 2nd QTR, but Iowa proved it beyond any doubt on Saturday versus Purdue.

All their fans with all their excuses for their bottom of the barrel offensive numbers...... "their bad because we've played on short-fields....blah, blah, blah" (field position has nothing to do with average YPP and Iowa's average gain per offensive play is last in the b1g and 122nd out of 130 FBS teams at 4.61 ypp). Occam's Razor applies here.... their offensive stats are bad because.... well, because their offense sucks.

Reactions: Jerry and LionJim
Kirks comments turned this from something that would be forgotten in a week to something that will come up every time they play as long as he and Franklin are coaching.
OMG yes. PSU fans don't forget. Next time they come to Beaver Stadium and one of the Hawkeyes is writhing on the ground with a torn ACL, the booing will be something. I don't like it at all, it could become a really bad fan custom, but Iowa fans started it and then Ferentz defended it (which was a huge, huge mistake on his part).

Maybe the Purdue loss was a little bit of the gods of good sportsmanship sending a message to Iowa. When you're a top 5 team, be classy if you want to stay in the top 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT