ADVERTISEMENT

stupid question: can I get PSU games via BTN w/o cable/dish?

massimoManca II

Oct 25, 2002
Mons Veneris
Planning on cancelling Directv and going "off the grid" relying on over-the-air antenna for local channels, Amazon Prime and SlingTV for everything else.... Simply disgusted with what I am paying vs what I am getting / actually use... i dont watch BTN except for PSU fb games (with this years' schedule ther wont br too many games on network) and occasional WVB and Hockey... Anyone have any experience with PC based streaming of BTN and perhaps (gasp) ESPN for CFB? Tia

Just did a free trial of slingtv- the concept is great however due to where I live I'm limited to 5 mbps streaming and it just wasn't enough to produce a good quality picture. The stream was very choppy and buffered a ton. I'm guessing if I had a faster internet speed it would've been fine though.

Simplest answer is to get the account email and password from ...

someone who has a paying account with a tv provider that has BTN. That's the free way. OPtherwise you can pay for a BIG internet account

Re: Simplest answer is to get the account email and password from ...

Originally posted by 81b&w:
someone who has a paying account with a tv provider that has BTN. That's the free way. OPtherwise you can pay for a BIG internet account

The pay B1G internet accounts do not include football games.

A good portion of PSU games are network (ABC or ESPN/ESPN2). Generally it's the low-level games on BTN. SlingTV will give you ESPN. As for local ABC network -- depending on where you live, a little HDTV antenna will work great.

As for the BTN games, other than password sharing, why not make contact with your local alumni association chapter and watch the PSU games at the local bar with a bunch of fellow Penn Staters.

Massimo, I'm interested in this as well. My OTA antenna has started sucking really bad this past year so I'd be cautious with relying on that. I'll probably try moving the antenna from the top of my garage to the top of my attic. Hey ... go to the local watering hole w/ BTN and make it an afternoon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT