ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid-ass penalty just gifted the Eagles a KO return touchdown.

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
I mean, they f'n KNOW the rules, don't use the ball as a prop. Cost Washington 15 yards on the kickoff. Geez, does no one know what the word "professional" means? This guy has been in the NFL for a decade, makes a punk-ass "look at me" stunt that costs his team. Pitiful.

I mean, they f'n KNOW the rules, don't use the ball as a prop. Cost Washington 15 yards on the kickoff. Geez, does no one know what the word "professional" means? This guy has been in the NFL for a decade, makes a punk-ass "look at me" stunt that costs his team. Pitiful.
Ratings are down, advertisers are pissed off, the NFL is becoming WWE lite. When the next round of tv negotiations takes place, the NFL will lose revenue, for the first time. Their players will lose money, too. They need only look in the mirror to see the problem.

Reactions: LionJim
I did like how the Redskin receivers got separation. Incredible--they were all alone.

The Birds are getting killed and it's a tie game. Was a tie game. Washington should be up by at least 3 scores though.

The Birds are getting killed and it's a tie game. Was a tie game. Washington should be up by at least 3 scores though.
Lane Johnson's irresponsibility has really cost the Eagles. The stupidity of NFL players today is just stunning. Fletcher Cox hits Cousins high on a third down, costing his team, but, hey, he got his money.

If the coaches had any balls that crap would stop.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Eagles D always manages to make Kirk Cousins look like Johnny Unitas.
Kirk Cousins is one of the hardest players to figure out. He can look all-world for a good portion of a game and then have a sudden brain cramp that really costs his team. The pick 6 to Jenkins is a case in point.

Lane Johnson's irresponsibility has really cost the Eagles. The stupidity of NFL players today is just stunning. Fletcher Cox hits Cousins high on a third down, costing his team, but, hey, he got his money.
We knew it would be a problem. This much? 60 friggin yards at this point in the game?

It all starts with dirt bags being in college getting their way. They just grow-up into a$$holes when they get to the NFL.

You have a rookie in his first ever start, against a seasoned veteran in Kerrigan. It's a total mismatch. More than that, the defense once again is stinking the joint out.
One quarter to go with the ball and down by only 2 scores. Hope springs eternal.

One quarter to go with the ball and down by only 2 scores. Hope springs eternal.
I hold professionals to a much higher standard than college or high school players. The Eagles have a long way to go to be a top notch roster. They have their quarterback. Everything else is up in the air. Their defense has disappeared.

I hold professionals to a much higher standard than college or high school players. The Eagles have a long way to go to be a top notch roster. They have their quarterback. Everything else is up in the air. Their defense has disappeared.
The number of penalties by the OL is completely unacceptable. As a team, 13 penalties for 114 yards. The D was horrible too.

I fantasized about Gruden putting Davis on the inactive list for next week's game.
Fantasize away. In today's game players that do stupid things get a high five and a pat on the head. The coach doesn't say a thing to them.

Nailed it. This is why Eagles leadership expressed such strong disappointment in Johnson. He really crushed the team with his actions.

Reactions: EPC FAN
It's all about the HOME team winning. It keeps fans coming to the games and spending. Like most pro leagues it is only during the playoffs the teams get even officiating. It is entertainment after all. !!!
Out of 10 games thus far the home team has won 9 :) What are the odds of that - 1 too 1 !!!

Reactions: EPC FAN
It's all about the HOME team winning. It keeps fans coming to the games and spending. Like most pro leagues it is only during the playoffs the teams get even officiating. It is entertainment after all. !!!
Out of 10 games thus far the home team has won 9 :) What are the odds of that - 1 too 1 !!![/QU
Prior to this week it was home 41, visitors 34. That's not a huge difference.

Nailed it. This is why Eagles leadership expressed such strong disappointment in Johnson. He really crushed the team with his actions.

Why didn't the team have a better back up tackle? You have a 34 year old who's struggled with injuries on one side and a one time PED user on the other- and a 5th round rookie is the backup?

Why didn't the team have a better back up tackle? You have a 34 year old who's struggled with injuries on one side and a one time PED user on the other- and a 5th round rookie is the backup?
Paging Howie.

That's easy. Good tackles don't grow on trees. Most draftniks had Philly taking Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin or Laremy Tunsil at #7 because they needed help at the position. The move up to draft Wentz at #2 was a deliberate tradeoff the team made. They gave up basically the top of this year's draft in the deal and had limited options in free agency and lower rounds.

It is what it is and we'll see them get aggressive in addressing OT and WR next offseason and draft.

That's easy. Good tackles don't grow on trees. Most draftniks had Philly taking Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin or Laremy Tunsil at #7 because they needed help at the position. The move up to draft Wentz at #2 was a deliberate tradeoff the team made. They gave up basically the top of this year's draft in the deal and had limited options in free agency and lower rounds.

It is what it is and we'll see them get aggressive in addressing OT and WR next offseason and draft.

You can't do better than a 5th round rookie? There are plenty of veteran tackles available every year, going to pay the price now

You can't do better than a 5th round rookie? There are plenty of veteran tackles available every year, going to pay the price now
Or they could have stuck w their plan and move the LG out to OT and played Wiz at LG. I mean what's wrong w that???

Reactions: cjrugger
They traded Dennis Kelly to Tennessee preseason for Dorial Green-Beckham. That was another tradeoff to improve the WR corps. Life's imperfect when you inherit an offensive roster that was gutted by Chip Kelly's ego.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Or they could have stuck w their plan and move the LG out to OT and played Wiz at LG. I mean what's wrong w that???
I think that's what you'll see next week. No way can they sail that leaky boat of an OL vs. Minnesota's front seven.

I think that's what you'll see next week. No way can they sail that leaky boat of an OL vs. Minnesota's front seven.
Apparently not.

LINK: No Plan B

Rookie
Halapouivaati Vaitai, despite contant praise from Pederson wasn't ready. He allowed two-and-a-half sacks in the first quarter. And was part of a line that allowed two more late, as the Eagles fell for the second straight week, this time to NFC East rival Washington Redskins, 27-20.

Pederson said after the game the rookie would learn and get better and that in no way does he plan to go to Plan B, whatever that might be as the team gets ready to face the Vikings, Cowboys and Giants the next three weeks.

"He's a warrior,'' Pederson said of the man he refers to as Big V. "He's a battler. He stepped up and did a good job. He'll learn from it and be ready for next week.''

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT