Student loan outrage at only $10K being cancelled

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR

As Biden administration leans toward $10,000 in student loan forgiveness, advocates push back​

CNBC

Among the many questions...

What happens to students entering school this year, next year, etc.? Do they get $10K cancelled too? If not, why should someone who has already taken out a recent loan receive forgiveness, but someody just entering the system does not? Aren't they also facing the same economic harships?

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR
Why stop at student loans? How about anybody who went to college and paid their own way?
And you know that schools are just going to jack up prices even more if the government starts forgiving some or all of the loans. How much of today's overpriced tuition and fees is due to the government shoveling money via students right back to the schools?

bdgan

May 29, 2008

As Biden administration leans toward $10,000 in student loan forgiveness, advocates push back​

CNBC

What happens to students entering school this year, next year, etc.? Do they get $10K cancelled too? If not, why should someone who has already taken out a recent loan receive forgiveness, but someody just entering the system does not? Aren't they also facing the same economic harships?

Where are the board libs on this?

Come on libs, tell us why you support this.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Why stop at that? I've got a couple grand in credit card bills I knew I was getting into. Where the fvck is my relief?
well, hold off on that will you? I just paid mine off, and I'd like to charge a few grand before we come up with the plan to forgive credit card debt

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
This is the perfect decision by democrats to pi$$ everyone off.

- only $10k? I have $200k and democrats promised to erase it. I've been holding off on paying it waiting for relief and this is what you give me?

- um, I'm starting college next year but my step brother already did. Where is my student debt relief democrats? This is BS!

- very nice, I worked my @$$ off for the last 15 years to finally get paid back. Where is my relief democrats? Now my tax dollars are paying for more student loans, just not mine anymore. So much for doing the right thing.

- hold on here, so I signed up to serve my country partly as a solution to pay for college, risked my @$$ in Iraq, then was injured by an IED blast in Afghanistan and now you are sending my tax dollars to someone who chose to rack up loans instead. WTF democrats?

- wait so these ridiculous mother *$&*=^#$ making over $100k are getting my tax dollars because I didn't get to go to college and had to start working right away to support my family? You've got to be kidding me Democrats? Thought you were for the lower wage employee? Now I'm supporting those who make over $100k? I'm done.

- ok, so we were responsible and put away $400k for our 2 kids in a 529 plan which they used and worked to pay for college. Now my kids are getting penalized by democrats for their parents being responsible and them working while going to college by having to pay for others who weren't responsible?

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
This is the perfect decision by democrats to pi$$ everyone off.

- only $10k? I have $200k and democrats promised to erase it. I've been holding off on paying it waiting for relief and this is what you give me?

- um, I'm starting college next year but my step brother already did. Where is my student debt relief democrats? This is BS!

- very nice, I worked my @$$ off for the last 15 years to finally get paid back. Where is my relief democrats? Now my tax dollars are paying for more student loans, just not mine anymore. So much for doing the right thing.

- hold on here, so I signed up to serve my country partly as a solution to pay for college, risked my @$$ in Iraq, then was injured by an IED blast in Afghanistan and now you are sending my tax dollars to someone who chose to rack up loans instead. WTF democrats?

- wait so these ridiculous mother *$&*=^#$ making over $100k are getting my tax dollars because I didn't get to go to college and had to start working right away to support my family? You've got to be kidding me Democrats? Thought you were for the lower wage employee? Now I'm supporting those who make over $100k? I'm done.

- ok, so we were responsible and put away $400k for our 2 kids in a 529 plan which they used and worked to pay for college. Now my kids are getting penalized by democrats for their parents being responsible and them working while going to college by having to pay for others who weren't responsible?

Excellent post. Just more examples of Democrat manipulation using government while being completely ignorant of the consequences.

This shows why government needs to be kept small and to a very specific role -- to protect the nation, its borders, and free/fair commerce. It isn't there to influence markets and behavior. It isn't there to redistribute wealth.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
How about car loans that people took out to get transportation to work because they didn't go to college?
Sure. $10k of student loan forgiveness only costs taxpayers $300 billion. Why not add car loans and make it $500 billion? Then blame Republicans and rich peopld for the deficit.

Reactions: bison13

Fayette_LION

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004

CNBC

I hope a legislature has enough nuts to file suite against the Exec Branch. They have no right to forgive loans. The Congress tells what money is to be spent on. Forgiving a loan is the same as spending money that taxpayers gave. Someone needs to challenge this renegade president.

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR
Are they planning on eliminating the student loan programs? Since they are so burdensome and usurious that students can't be expected to pay back their obligations, how can you rationalize keeping the program moving forward?

Reactions: bison13 and bdgan

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
I hope a legislature has enough nuts to file suite against the Exec Branch. They have no right to forgive loans. The Congress tells what money is to be spent on. Forgiving a loan is the same as spending money that taxpayers gave. Someone needs to challenge this renegade president.
Exactly right, When did we become a dictatorship?