ADVERTISEMENT

Stevens and Watkins

If Watkins does stay, that means Pat needs to have a "carefrontation" with someone on the roster, as I believe they will be one over the scholarship limit - who goes?
Keep in mind that this is true only if everyone on the squad is coming back voluntarily. Based on past offseasons, that isn't a certainty.

Reactions: Ephrata Lion
If Watkins is staying he needs to dedicate himself to getting in shape this offseason. He couldn't go more than a few minutes before he started dragging on the court. And when he was tired, was when he became a fouling machine. If he gets in shape, he can get back to being a beast.

If he stays it wouldn't surprise me if Buttrick transfers, he will be buried on the bench next year.

If Watkins is staying he needs to dedicate himself to getting in shape this offseason. He couldn't go more than a few minutes before he started dragging on the court. And when he was tired, was when he became a fouling machine. If he gets in shape, he can get back to being a beast.

If he stays it wouldn't surprise me if Buttrick transfers, he will be buried on the bench next year.
not sure it was totally being out of shape. pat said several times that the medication was playing with his stamina. things like that can be tough to overcome no matter hoe much you'd like things to change.

Mike for all his size seems to play soft sometimes. He gets his shots blocked (unless he has a free dunk) and turns the ball over. He is a finesse player who would be better if he added more power to his game. On defense he just seems to foul too frequently. He has the tools and maybe with additional treatment, physical training, and coaching he can develop into a more dominant center.

If Watkins does stay, that means Pat needs to have a "carefrontation" with someone on the roster, as I believe they will be one over the scholarship limit - who goes?
This appears to be correct. My guess is either Trent Buttrick or Daniil Kasatkin...

Mike for all his size seems to play soft sometimes. He gets his shots blocked (unless he has a free dunk) and turns the ball over. He is a finesse player who would be better if he added more power to his game. On defense he just seems to foul too frequently. He has the tools and maybe with additional treatment, physical training, and coaching he can develop into a more dominant center.
To which Mike are you referring? If it’s Mike, he’s certainly not soft. He has had periods, entire games, where he was not focused and sharp. This is, allegedly, because of his mental health issues and what I assume to be psychotropic drugs to maintain a better mental health state. I would also add that he may not be 100% healed from his knee injury last year.

ADVERTISEMENT