Step 1 of Biden's push to pack the court

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
This is just plain stupid. Liberal have had the majority on the SC for decades. Now with more conservative justices who prefer to interpret the laws in question based on our Constitution, the liberal claim there is too much politics involved. Pure liberal butt hurting bullshit.

The "reforms" they claim have more to do with politics than anything else. The exact thing they claim is going on and is bad.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
When you cant play the game change the rules.....The court has been at 9 members since 1869 i believe and has NEVER had more than 10 members. This is nothing more than progressives not being able to handle the fact they no longer control SCOTUS. This wouldn't be the first time a progressive tried to expand the court to gain support for his agenda Mr Internment camp himself FDR tried and was slapped down by his own party...i wonder if the democrats of today would show such integrity?

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
When you cant play the game change the rules.....The court has been at 9 members since 1869 i believe and has NEVER had more than 10 members. This is nothing more than progressives not being able to handle the fact they no longer control SCOTUS. This wouldn't be the first time a progressive tried to expand the court to gain support for his agenda Mr Internment camp himself FDR tried and was slapped down by his own party...i wonder if the democrats of today would show such integrity?

Only in that case internment camps were a good thing. The bad part was paying reparations to the group which lost. It was a precedent setter we'll never live down. Nonetheless, don't be surprised if we intern Chinese-Americans. For their own protection, of course. War is coming and we can't have foreign agents roaming the countryside unchecked. I would also throw Eric Swalwell in one for good measure.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
Change the rules like Republicans do. See voting laws, gerrymandering, etc.

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Change the voting laws? More like closing loopholes exploited by democrats. Funny thing about Georgia's new voting law. Black voter registration outpaced white voter registration these past few years. So if Republicans were restricting black vote then they sure were doing a $hitty job. Yes? As for gerrymandering, both parties do it so spare us the sanctimony. Thank you.

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Not to be that guy, but this doesn’t reflect the wishes of progressives. This is the woke corporatists doing it. The progressives are actually getting slammed by the corporate media right now. They’re as blackballed as conservatives.

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
Don’t forget Mitch “Satin” McConnell stealing a SCOTUS seat from Obama- Republicans have extremely short memories and zero shame - hypocrisy is now the biggest plank in any Republican platform.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Biden add a couple of additional justices, as long as they are, in the following order:

1. Highly qualified;
2. Liberal; and
3. Not over 55.

Reactions: RoyalT12

DandyDonII

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2002
I think after what Mitch did with the Supreme Court, anything is fair game.

As much as I disagree with Justice Breyer on issues of Con law, he recently hit the nail on the head when talking about packing the court. He stated that it would only make it seem more like a political body, rather than a judicial body. I fear that once that occurs, too many entities may not follow SCOTUS decisions.

I understand the complaints against McConnell, but in the end he didn't do anything to structurally change the court, just who was sitting on it. In sports lingo, he definitely had a impact on who the players were, however, he didn't change the game. Packing the court changes the game, would be like changing basketball to 7 v 7, it would be sport altering.

Reactions: dailybuck777

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
I wouldn't mind seeing Biden add a couple of additional justices, as long as they are, in the following order:

1. Highly qualified;
2. Liberal; and
3. Not over 55.
This is better for your side. Appoint 10 thirty year old extreme Lefties. Give their children a hereditary right of succeeding their parents. Only allow people who believe in the critical race theory to be appointed to the Supreme Court. Permit the recall or impeachment of justices who don't believe in critical race theory. As time goes by if the appointees and the court are not 100% extreme Left Wing there can be additional tweaks.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
This is just plain stupid. Liberal have had the majority on the SC for decades. Now with more conservative justices who prefer to interpret the laws in question based on our Constitution, the liberal claim there is too much politics involved. Pure liberal butt hurting bullshit.

The "reforms" they claim have more to do with politics than anything else. The exact thing they claim is going on and is bad.
Everything you said is true. Nothing you said will stop them.

RoyalT12

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2020
Are you really that ignorant? It was the democrats who changed the rules in 2020 without legislative approval.
Are that hypocritical? Mitchypoo changed the rules long before that

IsomsPopBelly

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2019
There will be a lot of noise about how they want to #fortify the Supreme Court with far lefties, but it will be a bunch of center-left technocrat-obedient statists who will pursue weird offshoot identity rights cases about horse people but will be strictly bizness about protecting the Tech and other industry leading oligarchs.