ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers think they cleaned house but think again

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Steelers think they cleaned house by getting rid of two malcontents but they have a lot of problems to deal with.

First Big Chest Brown is addicted to attention and the media that gives it to him. He will mouth off all summer about Ben and Tomlin. The media will then ask them and other players on team about the accusations that Brown makes. Will be a serious distraction that further divides team.

Worse, Big Chest is right. Big Ben is a big jerk, always mouthing off about players, play calling, coaching and more. He whined and cried when Steelers drafted another QB last year and said he wouldn't help the new guy at all. Then whined and cried more when they cut Landry Jones, who was so bad that he didn't get signed by anyone else until the season was half over.

Tomlin is huge disappointment. I thought first few years he would be a great coach. An intense, no nonsense kinda guy. But Ben undercut him and ownership/management didn't back the coach. Now Tomlin is a powerless figure head. Ben runs the team. Tomlin allowed AB to grow into an idiot. Team has zero discipline.

I think the problem goes all the way to the Rooneys. They are so intoxicated with being a 'player friendly franchise' that they have lost control. Big Ben is a jerk that should have tossed aside when he molested that girl in Georgia. They let AB be a fool. And many other issues on the team.

Don't look for Steelers to be in Super Bowl until Ben is gone, and probably Tomlin too.

Steelers think they cleaned house by getting rid of two malcontents but they have a lot of problems to deal with.

First Big Chest Brown is addicted to attention and the media that gives it to him. He will mouth off all summer about Ben and Tomlin. The media will then ask them and other players on team about the accusations that Brown makes. Will be a serious distraction that further divides team.

Worse, Big Chest is right. Big Ben is a big jerk, always mouthing off about players, play calling, coaching and more. He whined and cried when Steelers drafted another QB last year and said he wouldn't help the new guy at all. Then whined and cried more when they cut Landry Jones, who was so bad that he didn't get signed by anyone else until the season was half over.

Tomlin is huge disappointment. I thought first few years he would be a great coach. An intense, no nonsense kinda guy. But Ben undercut him and ownership/management didn't back the coach. Now Tomlin is a powerless figure head. Ben runs the team. Tomlin allowed AB to grow into an idiot. Team has zero discipline.

I think the problem goes all the way to the Rooneys. They are so intoxicated with being a 'player friendly franchise' that they have lost control. Big Ben is a jerk that should have tossed aside when he molested that girl in Georgia. They let AB be a fool. And many other issues on the team.

Don't look for Steelers to be in Super Bowl until Ben is gone, and probably Tomlin too.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I doubt anyone in the locker room will think about AB at all except maybe if asked about him. It's only a distraction if they can't even get through practice without AB being brought up. I would imagine that this team would be more focused this year than past years just to rid themselves of that stigma.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I doubt anyone in the locker room will think about AB at all except maybe if asked about him. It's only a distraction if they can't even get through practice without AB being brought up. I would imagine that this team would be more focused this year than past years just to rid themselves of that stigma.
The players voted Juju team MVP before the season ended last year. I think that says it all.

Reactions: BBrown

The players voted Juju team MVP before the season ended last year. I think that says it all.

Yup- and this is the final straw that set Mr Big Chest off.

If the Steelers are in a few year rebuilding mode, so be it. Its the way of the NFL. They've been competitive for awhile now, its bound to end. They need to start drafting some impact guys soon, especially on defense.

Reactions: BBrown
Ben is still the man! Bell and brown just never got the fact that it is about the team. No one out there does what Ben does year after year. He takes hits and extends plays like no one else. Brown only hopes that Carr can keep it alive long enough to find him. Bell will be lucky to get the yards even though over all he is in a weaker division.

Ben has 3 more years at least. It is up to the oc to balance the offense with run and pass.

Reactions: jim cummings
Yup- and this is the final straw that set Mr Big Chest off.

If the Steelers are in a few year rebuilding mode, so be it. Its the way of the NFL. They've been competitive for awhile now, its bound to end. They need to start drafting some impact guys soon, especially on defense.[/QUOTE]

And that is what scares me. Outside of Shazier and Watt they have been horrible at drafting defense, especially the back 7.

Reactions: dbsteel
What's so hard to understand about brown being a liar who lied his way to a new contract? It's all about money and nothing else.

If I was Ben I'd find brown and punch him in the teeth for running his mouth and screwing the Steelers.

Brown is a lying, cheating, no good greedy piece dog shit and that's it. That's all the analysis anyone needs.

Must get very tiring carrying the weight of all those super bowl rings you have. NFL? Yawn.

What's so hard to understand about brown being a liar who lied his way to a new contract? It's all about money and nothing else.

If I was Ben I'd find brown and punch him in the teeth for running his mouth and screwing the Steelers.

Brown is a lying, cheating, no good greedy piece dog shit and that's it. That's all the analysis anyone needs.
I agree with this and I am an avid Steeler fan.

Roethlisberger is the biggest asshole I’ve ever come across. But being the general of the army, he has every right to call people out. If you don’t do your job, unless you own the fvcking place, someone is going to tell you about it.

It’s called constructive criticism and this is a minor thing in life that’s quietly being outlawed.

Fvck Bell and Brown. They can both SAD. Different scales but they’re no different than the shit that’s slung around inside my revolving door.

So how do you feel about Big Ben?

Roethlisberger is the biggest asshole I’ve ever come across. But being the general of the army, he has every right to call people out. If you don’t do your job, unless you own the fvcking place, someone is going to tell you about it.

It’s called constructive criticism and this is a minor thing in life that’s quietly being outlawed.

Fvck Bell and Brown. They can both SAD. Different scales but they’re no different than the shit that’s slung around inside my revolving door.
--
'Ceptin he ain't the general, he's just a captain. Head coach is supposed to be the general. Captain is supposed to take issues to the general. When the captain is calling out players and the general in public, it causes major issues among the soldiers; Who is the leader? Who is in charge? Whom do we follow? Which do we owe loyalty?

Constructive criticism is good when done correctly. That means in house. All pro athletes and coaches have major egos, thats what got them there. Embarrassing them in public is the wrong way to go about it.

did you see the eagles picked up desean jackson? They got a good deal on him too

---
I disagree and thats why I made the OP. The problems with the Steelers run much deeper than Big Chest. Problems will still be there.

Let me preface that I am not a fan of Tomlin. I agree his methods lack discipline. However, your assertions are merely conjecture unless you admit you are on the Steelers payroll.

A lot of what you wrote seems to me to be unsupported hyperbole regurgitated from unreputable sources. So we'll just have to disagree.

Let me preface that I am not a fan of Tomlin. I agree his methods lack discipline. However, your assertions are merely conjecture unless you admit you are on the Steelers payroll.

Obviously, I gave my opinion based what I have observed or heard...just like everyone does here every day on a huge number of issues from PSU football to economics to politics.

Sorry if I stepped on any sensitive toes by daring to criticize Ben, Tomlin, the Rooneys, the Steelers, or any other person or entity that is sacred.....

Sorry if I stepped on any sensitive toes by daring to criticize Ben, Tomlin, the Rooneys, the Steelers, or any other person or entity that is sacred.....

I never even finished reading your first post until now.

You accused Ben of a crime he wasn't arrested for or charged with, for which there is no evidence, that happened 10 years ago? That woman accused Ben of VAGINAL INTERCOURSE. Guess what the rape kit said? NO VAGINAL INTERCOURSE. She was a liar. It always disgusts me when PSU fans talk like this; you should know better.

Seems like you like to believe people who have a reason to lie to extort money from the Steelers/NFL. Seems to me like you exhibit very poor judgment when trying to piece together disparate bits of information to try and deduce what has happened in the world. Seems to me like you don't understand how the world works and that people lie for money every day.

Reactions: Omar81
Obviously, I gave my opinion based what I have observed or heard...just like everyone does here every day on a huge number of issues from PSU football to economics to politics.

Opinions are welcomed here. Hollow facts are not.

I never even finished reading your first post until now.

You accused Ben of a crime he wasn't arrested for or charged with, for which there is no evidence, that happened 10 years ago? That woman accused Ben of VAGINAL INTERCOURSE. Guess what the rape kit said? NO VAGINAL INTERCOURSE. She was a liar. It always disgusts me when PSU fans talk like this; you should know better.

Seems like you like to believe people who have a reason to lie to extort money from the Steelers/NFL. Seems to me like you exhibit very poor judgment when trying to piece together disparate bits of information to try and deduce what has happened in the world. Seems to me like you don't understand how the world works and that people lie for money every day.
---
You should go back and the exam reports. Said there was no semen, didn't say there was no vaginal intercourse. It even said there was a small amount of latex. ...Now where would latex come from? It also said there was some mild abrasion and bruising.

Why did Ben drag her into the bathroom and look the door? Why did his body guard let no one into the bathroom? There were several witnesses that saw that.

I never said he was convicted but I know what the evidence was. I suppose you solidly believe that OJ didn't kill his wife?

---
You should go back and the exam reports. Said there was no semen, didn't say there was no vaginal intercourse. It even said there was a small amount of latex. ...Now where would latex come from? It also said there was some mild abrasion and bruising.

Why did Ben drag her into the bathroom and look the door? Why did his body guard let no one into the bathroom? There were several witnesses that saw that.

I never said he was convicted but I know what the evidence was. I suppose you solidly believe that OJ didn't kill his wife?

We should believe you over the DA? No thanks.

Reactions: odshowtime
---

You're full of crap the report stated what I said it stated. I don't forget stuff like that. You're off the deep end now and obviously a bum ass troll.

Ignore time. Won't see ya.

On April 12, 2010, district attorney Fred Bright held a press conference to announce that Roethlisberger would not be charged. Bright said "looking at all the evidence here, I cannot prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt". Furthermore, the accuser wrote to the D.A. through her lawyer expressing she no longer wanted to pursue criminal charges because the level of media attention would make a criminal trial too "intrusive" of a personal experience. The letter stressed that she was not recanting her accusation
It was his word against hers. But there was plenty of evidence but not 100% proof. Story Daniels wrote that Trump introduced him to her. He walked her to her door and asked for a kiss. She refused because he "terrified" her. He stood at the door, knocking, for a while before he walked away while Daniels was in the room afraid.

Regardless, rape or not rape, it was a very bad thing to do. Ben seems to have learned a lesson and calmed down from that. I haven't heard a single bad thing about him in several years.

2010? Your like my old girlfriend. Bring up the damn kitchen sink.

The problem is tomlin. He let bell and brown get out of control and with 8 pro bowlers he failed to make the playoffs. So he has talent he just can’t use them correctly. He hired both cooordinators last couple of years so he owns it.

Butler as dc. He was a joke here and part of the good ole boys club.

Finctor the oc, if he threw one more 20 yard pass and beyond when he needed one to 4 yards I would have screamed. He didn’t throw more because they missed the damn playoffs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski

You're full of crap the report stated what I said it stated. I don't forget stuff like that. You're off the deep end now and obviously a bum ass troll.

Ignore time. Won't see ya.

Don't believe me, OKC. Go back and look at the reports. The Milledgeville police put it all online, including an interview with the victim. Read the medical report. Read the witness statements. Read what the body guard said.

Run and hide odshowtime. Bet you never read the reports, just what some sports guy wrote. Show me the report that said there was 'no vaginal intercourse' and I'll admit to being wrong.

I call it as I see it. The girl in Lake Tahoe was lying. She appears to have had 'issues'. But what happened in Ga was different. Too many witnesses.

Also, that was one incident. I stated in the OP I mentioned several times when Ben was wrong. The Ga incident was a small part of my post. Ben is poison, Tomlin is weak, the Rooneys are wimpy. That's my opinion, which is what this board is all about. No need to get all butt hurt.

Don't believe me, OKC. Go back and look at the reports. The Milledgeville police put it all online, including an interview with the victim. Read the medical report. Read the witness statements. Read what the body guard said.

Run and hide odshowtime. Bet you never read the reports, just what some sports guy wrote. Show me the report that said there was 'no vaginal intercourse' and I'll admit to being wrong.

I call it as I see it. The girl in Lake Tahoe was lying. She appears to have had 'issues'. But what happened in Ga was different. Too many witnesses.

Also, that was one incident. I stated in the OP I mentioned several times when Ben was wrong. The Ga incident was a small part of my post. Ben is poison, Tomlin is weak, the Rooneys are wimpy. That's my opinion, which is what this board is all about. No need to get all butt hurt.
2 players that obviously wanted more fame and money were poison.

As for Ben we'll see. If you are upset about his legal shit you should have stopped following years ago. There's only 12 QB's in the history of the league that have more than one Superbowl. The Browns have had 27 QB's over the past 20 years with many of them being 1st round picks. The Steelers have consistently made the playoffs and picked late in all the rounds for the past 15 years yet Colbert sucks?

I'll take a chance on Ben for the last 2/3 years of his career. There isn't a free agent or QB draft pick this year that could join the team and make him compete for the job. Who are you thinking would be better?

P.S. I think Bradshaw is a clown and should never be included in any recognition of past teams.

Last edited:
2 players that obviously wanted more fame and money were poison.

As for Ben we'll see. If you are upset about his legal shit you should have stopped following years ago. There's only 12 QB's in the history of the league that have more than one Superbowl. The Browns have had 27 QB's over the past 20 years with many of them being 1st round picks. The Steelers have consistently made the playoffs and picked late in all the rounds for the past 15 years yet Colbert sucks?

I'll take a chance on Ben for the last 2/3 years of his career. There isn't a free agent or QB draft pick this year that could join the team and make him compete for the job. Who are you thinking would be better?

P.S. I think Bradshaw is a clown and should never be included in any recognition of past teams.
---
Kinda hard to not know what is going on with the Steelers when you live in W Pa.

I've been a Steelers fan since Frenchy Fuqua had goldfish in his shoes! But after the incident in Ga I felt they should have traded Ben and now find it funny when they lose. The whole organization has lost its way, IMO. The Rooneys love being known as a player friendly organization and have lost discipline and integrity. That leaves Tomlin as powerless and weak.

Sure they have great record but that is mainly because they have had some great draft picks. It is also be the last five or six years they had the best o-line coach in the league. Tremendous talent on that team yet too many play off flops in that time.

All IMO. No need for anyone to get butt hurt over it.

Reactions: PearlSUJam

I'm not a Steelers fan so I'm not really following the team drama. However, the bolded sentences above are paradoxical. Ben is awesome because he has two Super Bowl victories. Bradshaw has FOUR but shouldn't be included in any recognition of past teams because you don't like his personality? The logic doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Probably about 3 responses too late...
giphy.gif

Sure they have great record but that is mainly because they have had some great draft picks. It is also be the last five or six years they had the best o-line coach in the league. Tremendous talent on that team yet too many play off flops in that time.
I agree. But in the past 5-6 years one of their if not their best player was suspended multiple times for drugs and their other player would throw tantrums on the sidelines if he didn't get the ball thrown to him. I heard it said somewhere the when your best players are your worst people, you'll never win it all. Hopefully the Rooney's learned their lesson and won't put up with guys like this again.

ADVERTISEMENT