ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers found themselves a stud wide receiver.....

whart

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2004
Fort Worth TX
I watched James Washington (in person) at Ok State on six occasions and always felt this kid was beyond special. That one catch in the pre-season game vs Green Bay ( over a four year defensive veteran) was just plain sick ! Once he and Ben get comfortable ....you Steeler fans are in for a real treat. The kid simply goes after the ball....very similar IMO to a Randy Moss from a talent perspective . My contacts at Ok State tell me he is a great kid....no baggage.

I watched James Washington (in person) at Ok State on six occasions and always felt this kid was beyond special. That one catch in the pre-season game vs Green Bay ( over a four year defensive veteran) was just plain sick ! Once he and Ben get comfortable ....you Steeler fans are in for a real treat. The kid simply goes after the ball....very similar IMO to a Randy Moss from a talent perspective . My contacts at Ok State tell me he is a great kid....no baggage.

Yep, that catch was awesome, just wanted it more. Great timing in the jump and strength.

Moss is a bit crazy though, he doesn’t have the same physical gifts.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I’m not a steeler fan. Only one in my family that’s not. But I will give it to them. Whatever formula they use to scout WRs. Is pretty spot on.

Yea if only they could take that formula tweak it and apply it to DB's.
They are Godawful at drafting DB's. I think the last good one was Troy P.

It's just a shame they drafted Rudolph

Ya- Washington looks really good. Strong hands and fights for the ball.

The defense on the other hand is a freaking mess.

I really thought the DC should have been shown the door before Haley and I wasn't a big Haley fan.

Ya I don't quite get it either. Thew lose in the playoff what 51-48, and the OFFENSIVE coordinator gets canned? That was all personal.

Bradley has his hands full with that secondary. Guess are always wide open.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown
Ya I don't quite get it either. Thew lose in the playoff what 51-48, and the OFFENSIVE coordinator gets canned? That was all personal.

Bradley has his hands full with that secondary. Guess are always wide open.

Draft Edmunds, S 1st round, draft Marcus Allen in the 5th, sign Morgan Burnett. Hopefully a couple of them can actually play.

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
Yea if only they could take that formula tweak it and apply it to DB's.
They are Godawful at drafting DB's. I think the last good one was Troy P.
They've had an especially tough time drafting safety. Until recently, they've gone cheap on both safety and corner, taking them in the second round or later, and until Sean Davis have very little to show for it. Most of their dominant OLBs have been lower draft picks who paid their dues on the practice squad or as backups, but once the rest of the league caught onto their strategy, the demand increased and many of these prospects got drafted by other teams, many much earlier in the draft, prompting the Steelers to reach in the earlier rounds, often the first, with mostly bad results.

The problem with CB and Safety is the best of them go early in the 1st round, there aren't 20+ lockdown CB or ball hawking S in the draft each year. The Steelers have been going deep into the playoffs each year so the CBs and Ss who are their top targets are off the board before they draft - and The Steelers refuse to trade up, so you have what you have.

I'm sure Conner and Tuissant will get more reps this year... The Steelers do not owe Bell anything at this point. If he wants to be with the team long term then he needs to show them that is what he wants, else they should do everything in their power to hurt his FA demand. They have the talent to basically sit him and only give him a handful of touches... problem is Tomlin won't do that.

I was pleasantly surprised by Conner last night. He appeared MUCH quicker than he was at Pitt. My only knock on him coming out of college was that I didn't see the explosiveness that is expected in the NFL.

I'm sure Conner and Tuissant will get more reps this year... The Steelers do not owe Bell anything at this point. If he wants to be with the team long term then he needs to show them that is what he wants, else they should do everything in their power to hurt his FA demand. They have the talent to basically sit him and only give him a handful of touches... problem is Tomlin won't do that.

I would change Tuissant to Ridley but I think we'll run Bell into the ground this year.

ADVERTISEMENT