ADVERTISEMENT

Stats: #1 in scoring defense(4 games) and #1 in Red Zone Defense.

Oh, that's number 1 IN THE NATION, not just the Big Ten, by the way. Coach Pry and Coach Terry and Coach Chaos and the whole D staff, talk about MANNING UP.

This game was a big step forward for the D, no question. Indiana will test them in a completely different way. The D is right on track.

This is not a bad Iowa offense -- they have a solid Big Ten O-line, great running back, a QB who can throw it and receivers. And PSU except for a couple of plays absolutely dominated them, outplayed them at every position.

Certainly things to work on but there is so much to like. Incredible speed all over the field. Teams shouldn't even bother running sweeps and edge plays against this D -- it's just an automatic TFL. Run wide in your endzone, it's a safety. Miller is going to be a star.

The Wadley TDs both happened when PSU was in the wrong D and Wadley's a great player. The second one was a nice play call -- PSU was guessing pass all the way, didn't account for run at that point in the game at all.

Reactions: JoeFi and JJTopp99
Our depth helped a great deal last night also. I thought Simmons had his best game to date in a PSU uniform.

Nationally, stats-wise, PSU is playing in the same league defensively (and offensively) as Alabama (PPG-wise) - which I think says a lot, and that they should be ranked as high as they are.

I too am impressed with the development of depth on both sides of the ball - moreso on the defense, but the offense is coming along too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT