ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Flyers vs. Pens Round 1

We’nz cant “affird” the n-b-a??? Kinda like yinz can’t affird a damn spellin’ book.

Is the sixer’s bandwagon full yet?
Sorry, holding kid and typing at same time. Bandwagon Sixer fans?? Ha ha, we have been at the process for four years now. Patience is paying off. I try to tell you guys, all sports is cyclical. If you are up today, tomorrow you are down. Philly is on the upswing, no doubt about it. Already have two titles this year in Eagles and Nova, things looking up.

Pittsburgh could "afford" an NBA team...I just don't believe there's interest. That doesn't mean it isn't a good sport or people are wrong for liking it. Just like I think college wrestling is a joke because of the lack of competition but many love it.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Makes up for the awful Andrew McDonald contact. But, in all seriousness, Couturier was the best player on the ice for the Flyers all series.
One of the many bad contracts on their team. By previous GM, so I give Hextall some leeway there. He has signed some bad ones, but nothing crippling. Filpulla and Manning off the books this year. Simmonds and Lehtera next year. Then we can build something for real. They have good young pieces. Couturier, I like Konecny, and Patrick overcame early injuries, he will be good. Provorov is a stud, he will
Grow exponentially. The hope is Carter Hart is the goalie we have waited for since Bernie. Good things ahead for Flyers. This series sucked for them, but at least it shows that they need to improve. I wish they could unload either Voracek or Giroux,
But that is a pipe dream.

One of the many bad contracts on their team. By previous GM, so I give Hextall some leeway there. He has signed some bad ones, but nothing crippling. Filpulla and Manning off the books this year. Simmonds and Lehtera next year. Then we can build something for real. They have good young pieces. Couturier, I like Konecny, and Patrick overcame early injuries, he will be good. Provorov is a stud, he will
Grow exponentially. The hope is Carter Hart is the goalie we have waited for since Bernie. Good things ahead for Flyers. This series sucked for them, but at least it shows that they need to improve. I wish they could unload either Voracek or Giroux,
But that is a pipe dream.

Good assessment. Voracek and Giroux are definitely overpaid. Philly would have to eat some money to move either one. All teams have some bad contracts...Philly's doing a nice job rebuilding around it.

Carter Hart has been great in the WHL and during the Junior Championships. We'll see if he can carry that over. Definitely should give you reason for optimism.

My senior year, October whatever, celebrating in the streets of State College after the Bucs come back from 3-1 down to win the Series, yelling at the top of our voices "Philly SUCKS"!

You’re a great American!!!!!

Sorry, holding kid and typing at same time. Bandwagon Sixer fans?? Ha ha, we have been at the process for four years now. Patience is paying off. I try to tell you guys, all sports is cyclical. If you are up today, tomorrow you are down. Philly is on the upswing, no doubt about it. Already have two titles this year in Eagles and Nova, things looking up.
Of course sports are cyclical. Just some cycles take MUCH longer than others. Also, claiming Nova is a bit suspect, but again....LONG cycles will do that for ya.

Good assessment. Voracek and Giroux are definitely overpaid. Philly would have to eat some money to move either one. All teams have some bad contracts...Philly's doing a nice job rebuilding around it.

Carter Hart has been great in the WHL and during the Junior Championships. We'll see if he can carry that over. Definitely should give you reason for optimism.
On G and Voracek - are they overpaid? Giroux was second in points this year, so it’s not like he is a liability - his biggest downfall is that he just is not cut of the cloth to be the number one on a team. He cannot be the focal point. To your point - they are not playoff performers, and that is certainly part of the equation. Voracek is way overpaid. The tough part is the terms. Giroux has four years left and I think Voracek still has six. That is where I have a problem with those deals. But, they will have to figure out a way

Fire. Murray. Bring in Fleury

LOL at the idiot Flyers fan @Nitwit97. If your GM wasn’t such a dope Fleury would have been the Flyers goalie because the Pens did everything they could to trade him but teams like the Flyers, LOL, didn’t want him. Baaaahahahaha at all things Flyers.

Reactions: nittany dave
I was actually pretty impressed with some things the Flyers were able to do.

Patrick, Couturier, Konecny, Provorov, Gostisbehere and others - that is an outstanding nucleus to build around.

They have some work to do. I hate having talented players rotting
away in the minors while you waste time with washed up vets. All three of the Flyers goaltenders, to put it kindly, sucked. Elliot and Neuvirth each had one good game - EVERY loss, they sucked hard and the Flyers never had a chance. They gotta go. Play the rook. Let him learn under fire - because you're going nowhere never with the dreck you have.

Haxtal has to come in for some fire, too. He benches Sanheim, who scored a goal and is one of your young studs, and sent Manning and Gudas out there together, which is flat out coaching malpractice.

Find a goaltender and clear out some dead weight (Simmonds looks old, slow and done, even though he's only 30 or 31, Filuppa is at the end of the road) and I believe the Flyers can have something going.

I was actually pretty impressed with some things the Flyers were able to do.

Patrick, Couturier, Konecny, Provorov, Gostisbehere and others - that is an outstanding nucleus to build around.

They have some work to do. I hate having talented players rotting
away in the minors while you waste time with washed up vets. All three of the Flyers goaltenders, to put it kindly, sucked. Elliot and Neuvirth each had one good game - EVERY loss, they sucked hard and the Flyers never had a chance. They gotta go. Play the rook. Let him learn under fire - because you're going nowhere never with the dreck you have.

Haxtal has to come in for some fire, too. He benches Sanheim, who scored a goal and is one of your young studs, and sent Manning and Gudas out there together, which is flat out coaching malpractice.

Find a goaltender and clear out some dead weight (Simmonds looks old, slow and done, even though he's only 30 or 31, Filuppa is at the end of the road) and I believe the Flyers can have something going.
Good points except that they owe their current aging nucleus too much $$. Find some trade partners to take on multiple years of an aging Giroux, Simmonds and Voruchuk (so?), and they can start spending some $$ on building around their future. Easier said than done.

You mean like when the Flyers were
Missing Couturier? Lol.

Hey moron missing Couturier is like Pens missing Hornqvist. Missing Malkin is like the Flyers missing Giroux. I’m starting to believe what everyone says about Flyers fans. You people really don’t know much about hockey. You know what’s amazing about Couturier’s 5 points today? He was only +2 for his efforts haha. In the meantime Guentzel had 5 points as well but unbelievably was +5. Just thought that was interesting Nitwit.

Good points except that they owe their current aging nucleus too much $$. Find some trade partners to take on multiple years of an aging Giroux, Simmonds and Voruchuk (so?), and they can start spending some $$ on building around their future. Easier said than done.
Simmonds has one year left. Same with Lehtera. Filpulla comes off this year. Goalies are a bridge to Carter Hart. We have to live with them one more year. Yes - they have to do something with either Giroux or Voracek, their contracts are way too long. Possibly ship to a team that needs to hit salary floor? They have more youth coming. In two years, they should contend for a cup

Simmonds has one year left. Same with Lehtera. Filpulla comes off this year. Goalies are a bridge to Carter Hart. We have to live with them one more year. Yes - they have to do something with either Giroux or Voracek, their contracts are way too long. Possibly ship to a team that needs to hit salary floor? They have more youth coming. In two years, they should contend for a cup
They’re going to have to get past teams like Toronto, which has one of the best coaches and is only 2 decent stay-home blue liners from becoming the next eastern dynasty.

You’re such a blowhard dude. You sound like a geek loser talking about your 2 or 3 year plan. You should do what the Penguins just made the Flyers do and that’s hit the golf course pal.

Hey moron missing Couturier is like Pens missing Hornqvist. Missing Malkin is like the Flyers missing Giroux. I’m starting to believe what everyone says about Flyers fans. You people really don’t know much about hockey. You know what’s amazing about Couturier’s 5 points today? He was only +2 for his efforts haha. In the meantime Guentzel had 5 points as well but unbelievably was +5. Just thought that was interesting Nitwit.
Wow. Your ignorance knows no bounds. I was being tongue in cheek - same with the Murray reference. Please go back to your parents basement and let Internet to the grown ups

You’re such a blowhard dude. You sound like a geek loser talking about your 2 or 3 year plan. You should do what the Penguins just made the Flyers do and that’s hit the golf course pal.
Hey kid. There were times when the Flyers were putting the Pens on the golf course ( and that’s if the Pens made the playoffs). I am realistic about the course the franchise is on. Again, you will go on the ignore button as you bring absolutely nothing of substance to the table. You and MM can join the cave people and “work the refs” on each other. Have fun!!

Hey kid. There were times when the Flyers were putting the Pens on the golf course ( and that’s if the Pens made the playoffs). I am realistic about the course the franchise is on. Again, you will go on the ignore button as you bring absolutely nothing of substance to the table. You and MM can join the cave people and “work the refs” on each other. Have fun!!

Baaahahahaha! I’m 55. Read your post son. It’s literally pathetic. Ignore means you lose clown. Goodbye

Wow. Your ignorance knows no bounds. I was being tongue in cheek - same with the Murray reference. Please go back to your parents basement and let Internet to the grown ups

I’m serious though. The Flyers suck for accepting this Goaltending. Coach and GM are morons. Fleury could have been Flyers Goalie today. Actually all year. LOL at Flyers.

Love their "fans" throwing trash on the ice. Keep the game and embarrassment going as long as possible!!!!!

Good thing the Pens went for 2 after their TD....

Kind of like when Pens fans threw stuff at the Red Wings when they won the Cup at the Igloo in 2008!

I continue to be amused by you calling me a cave man while acting like a cave man while using “Dilly Dilly and lol”. You say you’re old enough to see a Flyers cup win which is what makes the last part really funny

Reactions: Nit16
Love their "fans" throwing trash on the ice. Keep the game and embarrassment going as long as possible!!!!!

Good thing the Pens went for 2 after their TD....

Is Greggy poo upset??

Greggy was MIA Friday night. Today he crawled out from under his rock.

We need a Pirates update. Where's the Jolly Roger been, Greggy poo??

I continue to be amused by you calling me a cave man while acting like a cave man while using “Dilly Dilly and lol”. You say you’re old enough to see a Flyers cup win which is what makes the last part really funny

Hey Mauti, I heard the Lair was talking about PSUs spring game. Better get over there and check it out. Those meanies!!

Reactions: Nitwit97
Is Greggy poo upset??

Greggy was MIA Friday night. Today he crawled out from under his rock.

We need a Pirates update. Where's the Jolly Roger been, Greggy poo??

Pretty sure most Pirates fans know they suck. They aren’t beating their chests about World Series victories from 1979 and comparing win totals with a team that has won back to backs. Perhaps you should take notes

Reactions: nittnee and Nit16
On G and Voracek - are they overpaid? Giroux was second in points this year, so it’s not like he is a liability - his biggest downfall is that he just is not cut of the cloth to be the number one on a team. He cannot be the focal point. To your point - they are not playoff performers, and that is certainly part of the equation. Voracek is way overpaid. The tough part is the terms. Giroux has four years left and I think Voracek still has six. That is where I have a problem with those deals. But, they will have to figure out a way

Right, you can't be making 8M or more when you aren't an elite post-season performer IMO. Geno & Sid have earned their contracts. Letang is way overpaid for the Pens...last year's playoff run proved that. Giroux was, IMO, a liability this post season.

Right, you can't be making 8M or more when you aren't an elite post-season performer IMO. Geno & Sid have earned their contracts. Letang is way overpaid for the Pens...last year's playoff run proved that. Giroux was, IMO, a liability this post season.

All those points he got was good for the team this past year as a winger.

All those points he got was good for the team this past year as a winger.

Yeah, the fact he can't play center is a huge problem. Even with the Couturier injury they left him on the wing. You better be Patty Kane or Alexander Ovechkin if you're getting paid that to play wing. I'd take Kessel over Giroux any day and Kessel's cap hit is less than 7.

Pretty sure most Pirates fans know they suck. They aren’t beating their chests about World Series victories from 1979 and comparing win totals with a team that has won back to backs. Perhaps you should take notes

Made me laugh. Effective!

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT