ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Flyers vs. Pens Round 1

Flyers fan here. Penguins will smoke them.

Flyers in six. Say good bye to the Cup Pens fans! There is a new city of champions about to be recognized. The Eagles (again), Phillies, Flyers and 76ers will all win world championships before Pittsburgh sees another one.

Flyers in six. Say good bye to the Cup Pens fans! There is a new city of champions about to be recognized. The Eagles (again), Phillies, Flyers and 76ers will all win world championships before Pittsburgh sees another one.
I hope so. The Flyers goaltending has not been good though and the Penguins are on fire heading into the playoffs. I expect the Penguins to win.

Interesting that both NJ and the Jackets drop games against teams that had nothing more to gain. Are they avoiding a first round matchup with the Penguins?

Both the jackets and devils sat some starters. I’m not so sure they wanted the Pens in round 1.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Shero sees the big picture in New Jersey. He didn't want anything to do with the Pens in the first round and we know Columbus is tired of seeing the Pens in the first round. Look at who was benched. Once Philly won both those teams knew what they wanted...

Personally, as a Pens fan, Jersey scared me more than any of the other metro teams but Philadelphia is probably the second best matchup for the Pens. If Murray is solid the Pens should win in 5, maybe 6. Philadelphia is probably a year a way. Should be fun to watch though

I'm just ready for playoff hockey. Avs-Blues is great hockey. I feel bad for Nashville--Colorado is not a good reward for having the best record in the league.

Great post!!!

We hosted our framily this evening and my dude and I were watching baseball and talking sports and how it’ll be the Pens vs Columbus or NJ and mentioned how cheap tickets were on stubhub. I happened to peak at Twitter and saw the flyer possibilit so I immediately jumped on the chump seats. Had my wallet out looking at my CVC code and she was like “What are you buying?”:eek:

And I was like “nothing” (I had my wallet on table and debit card in hand) :cool:

And she was like “ok” :confused:

We hosted our framily this evening and my dude and I were watching baseball and talking sports and how it’ll be the Pens vs Columbus or NJ and mentioned how cheap tickets were on stubhub. I happened to peak at Twitter and saw the flyer possibilit so I immediately jumped on the chump seats. Had my wallet out looking at my CVC code and she was like “What are you buying?”:eek:

And I was like “nothing” (I had my wallet on table and debit card in hand) :cool:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 91Joe95
Should be a good series. G is playing lights out right now, and Elliott needed that shutout to get some confidence after not playing for a few months. Now if we can just get Gudas benched, I’ll be happy.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Shero sees the big picture in New Jersey. He didn't want anything to do with the Pens in the first round and we know Columbus is tired of seeing the Pens in the first round. Look at who was benched. Once Philly won both those teams knew what they wanted...

Personally, as a Pens fan, Jersey scared me more than any of the other metro teams but Philadelphia is probably the second best matchup for the Pens. If Murray is solid the Pens should win in 5, maybe 6. Philadelphia is probably a year a way. Should be fun to watch though

I'm just ready for playoff hockey. Avs-Blues is great hockey. I feel bad for Nashville--Colorado is not a good reward for having the best record in the league.
Yes, the Devils prefer a match-up against the Bruins over Pittsburgh, considering the Bruins are the best all round team in the conference. Didn't the Devils beat Pittsburgh 3 times this year, with their only loss in OT? I'm not really sure why the Devils were resting players, but doubt it was to avoid playing the Pens.

The Flyers are probably the best match-up for the Pens. Go Pens.

Columbus basically played their farm team. I've never seen so many regulars sit. Torts would never admit it but it sure seems to me they were avoiding Pittsburgh. Now had they won the OT game on Thursday I'm sure they would've sold out to get home ice

Yeah right, the Devils took the season series vs Penguins. The last team the Penguins want to see again is the Devils
Not exactly. I somehow doubt the Pens are concerned about any team in the Metopolitan. If they meet, the Devils will not be seeing DeSmith in goal for half the games.

Columbus basically played their farm team. I've never seen so many regulars sit. Torts would never admit it but it sure seems to me they were avoiding Pittsburgh. Now had they won the OT game on Thursday I'm sure they would've sold out to get home ice
I'm not sure what the Devils and Jackets were trying to accomplish. Columbus gets Washington and could have gotten Boston or Tampa. That said, would you rather play the Pens or the Capitals? One has history of playoff success, one doesn't. I might take Tampa if Stamkos is out, but no way I want anything to do with Boston. They are the one team I fear.

Busted. Loved the response, tho. "Nothing." LOL.

Yes, the Devils prefer a match-up against the Bruins over Pittsburgh, considering the Bruins are the best all round team in the conference. Didn't the Devils beat Pittsburgh 3 times this year, with their only loss in OT? I'm not really sure why the Devils were resting players, but doubt it was to avoid playing the Pens.

The Flyers are probably the best match-up for the Pens. Go Pens.

Boston hasn't clinched he Atlantic yet but Shero doesn't want the Pens. It was obvious what CBJ & NJD did as soon as Philly won. I don't blame them. the Pens are the two time defending Stanley Cup champion for a reason. Sure, the Pens could lose in the first round...anything can happen but I'd take my chances against Washington, Tampa or Boston if given the opportunity to pick an opponent. Now if those teams could have stolen home ice from the Pens it may be a different story.

Honestly, all the east matchups look good on paper....regardless of who wins the Atlantic.

What’s a matter, Flyers got ya scared? Get your golf clubs ready, golf season will be starting soon for the Penguins.

Flyers fans are so cute haha. Little brother syndrome can be a rough thing to kick though. It’s your annual right to root against a Pen’s run to another Cup but don’t embarrass yourself by disrespecting one of the 3 best franchise since the 90s.

Should be a good series. G is playing lights out right now, and Elliott needed that shutout to get some confidence after not playing for a few months. Now if we can just get Gudas benched, I’ll be happy.

Is G still the best player in the world? Isn’t that what you guys thought a few years ago?

Flyers fans are so cute haha. Little brother syndrome can be a rough thing to kick though. It’s your annual right to root against a Pen’s run to another Cup but don’t embarrass yourself by disrespecting one of the 3 best franchise since the 90s.
Little brother syndrome?? Ha ha , spoken by the sufferer.

Flyers = one of the best franchises in all hockey history (no caveats needed). Check the records, son.

Too bad I’m a Devils fan!

Little brother syndrome?? Ha ha , spoken by the sufferer.

Flyers = one of the best franchises in all hockey history (no caveats needed). Check the records, son.

LOL at the delusional Fyers fan that thinks highly of the Flyers. Last Cup 40+ years ago haha. Cute Flyers tough guy routine.

Reactions: nittany dave
ADVERTISEMENT