ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium memories

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Since it is a slow time between games...are there any old timers(i am close to being one) who still sit in the same seats year after year in your sections? I was thinking of these 2 guys in my section in the north stands have been there forever. Funny guys always cracking jokes...funny thing is...the only time i see them is on home football saturdays, dont know where they are from and I have been laughing at these guys since the late 80's...

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Not an old timer, but I sit beside an old couple who have been there forever. They bring a flask of whisky and take a shot after every touchdown. They are nice people but sit right on the aisle and arrive early and stay until the last snap. They never leave their seats for a second during the entire game. They get very mad if you leave to go to the bathroom, get some food or just want to walk around. I have a 15 year old daughter. She has to use the bathroom. Sometimes they won't even stand up or move their legs out of spite. Some games aren't that much fun with them there.

I want to ask them - why don't you sit at the end by the rail if you never have to leave?

I've sat in EE with family for fourty years.Ive moved down over the years as better sits came available.Made some great freinds.Currently have six people that sit in front of me that are hilarious party animals.They are diehards that never miss a game and are very knowledgeable.Its a blast getting high fives and dancing in the stands.

A few stories...

- It's family. It really is. I've been in the same seat since I was 6-months-old. There was a gentleman behind me that used to get so frustrated with kid-aged me when I would constantly stand on the bleacher after the big plays. He eventually got to understand my love for State and we developed an incredible friendship. He drove 4 hours to see me play in high school. Sadly he passed away from cancer a few years after.

- My wife is also a season ticket holder. She has sat on the East side her whole life. I've sat on the West side. Neither of us wanting to leave our own seat, we decided to each stay on our own side rather than leave our PSU families and traditions. That has slightly changed since our son has come into the world.

- My PSU family actually attended my wedding.

A few stories...

- It's family. It really is. I've been in the same seat since I was 6-months-old. There was a gentleman behind me that used to get so frustrated with kid-aged me when I would constantly stand on the bleacher after the big plays. He eventually got to understand my love for State and we developed an incredible friendship. He drove 4 hours to see me play in high school. Sadly he passed away from cancer a few years after.

- My wife is also a season ticket holder. She has sat on the East side her whole life. I've sat on the West side. Neither of us wanting to leave our own seat, we decided to each stay on our own side rather than leave our PSU families and traditions. That has slightly changed since our son has come into the world.

- My PSU family actually attended my wedding.

This is outstanding! Stories like this are what defines the experience of football Saturday’s at Penn State

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
I had the same seats for a very long time. When the University decided not to honor JoePa, someone else got my seats.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT