ADVERTISEMENT

Square pegs and round holes?

marshall23

May 23, 2013
Man blocking .....zone blocking.....somehow it seems to be coming around. All the Franklin deniers should at least acknowledge that despite two sub par seasons, he rolled up his sleeves and delivered an incredible freshman class. Singleton, Allen, Carter and Allar.
3 acorns don't make a fall but the "metrics" are trending positive.
It has been a painful start to the season for the NNNNNCAC.

Always thought this team could be 5-0 at the break. But slow down, my friend. Impressive win but Auburn is not a super power. Neither is Purdue. Still some warts to remove. Great win for the guys confidence but October is what will make or break this season with a bye week and Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio State. Franklion is Coach September!

Always thought this team could be 5-0 at the break. But slow down, my friend. Impressive win but Auburn is not a super power. Neither is Purdue. Still some warts to remove. Great win for the guys confidence but October is what will make or break this season with a bye week and Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio State. Franklion is Coach September!
Hence "3 acorns don't make a fall." But to your point.....you can't play big games in November if you don't win your games in September. Funny how all the experts predicted a nail biter and after a blow out the narrative is that Auburn wasn't very good.
So Auburn isn't very good....okay. What do good teams do against weaker opponents? They take care of business.
10 more years!

The team filled in some of Februarys hole nicely. With freshmen 10, 11, 13, and 15. Also picking up 44 on the DL and the WR #5. One of the highest rated recruits, #33 is starting to get some time on the DL. That's a lot of question marks off the board.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Man blocking .....zone blocking.....somehow it seems to be coming around. All the Franklin deniers should at least acknowledge that despite two sub par seasons, he rolled up his sleeves and delivered an incredible freshman class. Singleton, Allen, Carter and Allar.
Blocking was much improved and run results have shown that. I saw at least 2 whiff blocks yesterday by our guard and TE so there's lots of room for improvement. Blocking is a mental thing some of these elite athletes must overcome.

I remember a couple prior to the season telling us how we would definitely lose to Purdue and that the positive people better show up the week after and eat their crow. Not a peep from them after the game, though.

Blocking was much improved and run results have shown that. I saw at least 2 whiff blocks yesterday by our guard and TE so there's lots of room for improvement. Blocking is a mental thing some of these elite athletes must overcome.
If there were only 2 whiffs, that's a damn good day. I'm guessing the OSU ine had more than 2 whiffs yesterday. The other team always has good athletes who try as well.

"Blocking is a mental thing some of these elite athletes must overcome."

I have no idea what that means.

Reactions: Franklinstheman

2 whiff blocks out of an entire game....cut me a break, you ever play?

Reactions: PearlandLion
I remember a couple prior to the season telling us how we would definitely lose to Purdue and that the positive people better show up the week after and eat their crow. Not a peep from them after the game, though.
The "Lions of Doom" (CAC) are no doubt sequestered in executive session, where counseling is being provided to assuage their grief.

Every team we’ve ever had, even the undefeated ones, had warts. I’m not saying we’re going to go undefeated (we won’t), but yesterday’s game was impressive all around even if Auburn ends up with 5 or 6 losses….they have some players and their schedule is brutal. Many teams would end up with 5 or 6 losses playing their schedule even some that are ranked right now.

Wonder what it's like to claim you are a Penn State fan and avoid posting on your favorite site after a win?

Reactions: AWS1022
Hence "3 acorns don't make a fall." But to your point.....you can't play big games in November if you don't win your games in September. Funny how all the experts predicted a nail biter and after a blow out the narrative is that Auburn wasn't very good.
So Auburn isn't very good....okay. What do good teams do against weaker opponents? They take care of business.
10 more years!
It’s the same old same old I have heard for decades. Pre-game the so called “experts” predict team X to beat Penn State and after PSU wins and even impressively like yesterday, the first thing out of their mouths is well team X really wasn’t any good any way.

Reactions: sss
It’s the same old same old I have heard for decades. Pre-game the so called “experts” predict team X to beat Penn State and after PSU wins and even impressively like yesterday, the first thing out of their mouths is well team X really wasn’t any good any way.
Yes, saw an Auburn fan that said the game says a lot more about Auburn than it does PSU. That statement makes zero sense. Nobody thinks PSU is a lock for 11-0 at this point. In fact, most sane people say it is more likely they end up 9-3 or 10-2 than 11-0. And this fan was probably beating his chest before the game that Auburn would win the game.

Maybe Purdue and Auburn aren’t all that, but both are very tough environments, so this serves as great preparation for our upcoming schedule. If we lose to Michigan it won’t be because we couldn’t handle a tough road environment. A lot of people had this team 1-2 right now.

They are actually using both man AND zone blocking...Wormley and Fashanu are playing good football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT