ADVERTISEMENT

Spooky Nook event 11/13. PSU/Oregon ST/SH

jbolt1971

Aug 25, 2017
I was able to get 4 tickets for this, seems like an odd place for an event of this size. I've been there for several youth sport events, and I really can't figure out how they are gonna make this work. I was also offered tickets for tourney the next day with several teams (not PSU). Just wondering if anyone had any info.

He pretty much says it will be an intimate space with about 1,200 and a raised center stage like old boxing matches.
If I remember correctly.
Yeah, good summary...still not much info for the next day, seems like a bunch teams but no info on format or anything. College wrestling really does a poor job of getting info out to average fans.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yeah, good summary...still not much info for the next day, seems like a bunch teams but no info on format or anything. College wrestling really does a poor job of getting info out to average fans.
College wrestling? Penn State wrestling, for accomplished as the program has become, as good as the sports department generally is and for as strongly supported as the program is by the fan base, is pathetic at giving much information about anything to the public.

Reactions: PASLP2
Yes, Journeyman will livestream both duals live! But you must be a Rokfin subscriber and you will have to pay a PPV fee in addition to your subscription.

• Wow
Reactions: JimNazium
Yes, Journeyman will livestream both duals live! But you must be a Rokfin subscriber and you will have to pay a PPV fee in addition to your subscription.
First time I’m hearing about the PPV component. Are there details somewhere?

We should mollywopp both of them if we wrestle all the starters.

Nothing like seeing a good old fashioned bloodbath to start the dual season, but two? That’s icing on the cake.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
To anyone who gets to go, watch for Brandon Kaylor (BK) at 125 for the Beavers. I know him and his family from WA and they are all good people. I'm hoping he has a good day and gets some good experience.

Weird--there it is:
https://rokfin.com/article/6521/Watch-Penn-State-vs-Oregon-State-and-SHU-LIVE-on-Rokfin

But no mention of PPV cost that I can see.

Edit: this thread may get us answers.
I found this on the Rokfin page

How To Watch​

Both duals will be streamed in their entirety on this Rokfin channel and can be viewed on-demand with a Rokfin subscription. To watch the live streams, a user must have a Rokfin subscription and must also purchase the event as a PPV ($10) through the Journeymen Wrestling Rokfin channel.

The reference to the PPV incremental fee was deleted. They must have had a change of heart.

All right gang be gentile. I let my Flo subscription lapse 2 years ago and likely will not go back since I can only justify so much $$$ to this passion. I am in for BIg10+ this year and re-upping my Rokfin NLWC subscription which I also let lapse last year.

I am a little confused by how Rokfin segments access and content and what I will and will not have access to when I subscribe to a specific channel. My intent was to subscribe to the either the NLWC channel or Willie's MatScouts, however it seems if I want to watch the upcoming event live my only option is the Journeyman's channel? I don't want to pay multiple fees for multiple channels if I can help it.

As I write this I tend to think my best bet is probably go with MatScouts which will get me the best and most comprehensive access to wrestling in general and wait for the duals to be available on demand - later in the day???

What channels have most of you subscribed to and why? Especially NLWC vs MatScouts?

Watch Penn State vs. SHU and Oregon State LIVE on Rokfin​

Both duals will be streamed in their entirety on this Rokfin channel and can be viewed on-demand with a Rokfin subscription. To watch the live streams, a user must have a Rokfin subscription through the Journeymen Wrestling Rokfin channel.

With the exception of some of the new pay-per-view content that is rumored to be coming (but not the duals on Saturday), a single Rokfin subscription through any channel gives you access to all other content channels on the platform. Which channel you choose to subscribe through simply directs more of your money to that organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
If anyone on this board..yeah just you guys.. even Mild Turk, JS and even googlesP want to meet for a beer and food before the dual duels... LMK I am PUMPED for Saturday. Would love to put a face to some names

I really appreciate the offer, at least I have one potential friend out there. I would love nothing more than a couple of beers on me before the meet, it sounds like the start to a perfect weekend. Unfortunately, I am out here on the left coast (that fact should explain a lot) praying for the day we have an away match against Stanford. I won't hold my breath.

If anyone on this board..yeah just you guys.. even Mild Turk, JS and even googlesP want to meet for a beer and food before the dual duels... LMK I am PUMPED for Saturday. Would love to put a face to some names
I'm rolling in from Wilmington, DE early looking for a place to watch football game prior to this, any suggestions?

ADVERTISEMENT