ADVERTISEMENT

Spirit is broken....

Nashville Lion

Sep 25, 2005
Go ahead and laugh or tell me I am overreacting. That is fine but this is the worst I have felt in a long time. Even in the dark years...I felt like things were going to be okay. Right now I don't have any confidence in the program. Just totally dominated by them. No adjustments at halftime. Hack running for his damn life. Just horrible. I don't even want to watch college football anymore. Just awful!!!! First time in my life I don't give a crap about college football.

Go ahead and laugh or tell me I am overreacting. That is fine but this is the worst I have felt in a long time. Even in the dark years...I felt like things were going to be okay. Right now I don't have any confidence in the program. Just totally dominated by them. No adjustments at halftime. Hack running for his damn life. Just horrible. I don't even want to watch college football anymore. Just awful!!!! First time in my life I don't give a crap about college football.
I agree. There are better ways to use my time.

Well, I agree. However, I let it go a couple of years ago. I don't like it, but losses don't devastate me like they used to. And you're too smart of a guy to let this get you down for long. This isn't even important in the large scheme of things.

Absolutely agree. Franklin seems to have no clue. Where's the screens, jet sweeps, hot reads? Good lord, why does he keep taking 7 step drops? Get rid of it

This is funny.. Some of us just need to eat crow. I had us sinning 9-10 games. No way that happens. But I will always support these kids and won't give up on them.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Well, I agree. However, I let it go a couple of years ago. I don't like it, but losses don't devastate me like they used to. And you're too smart of a guy to let this get you down for long. This isn't even important in the large scheme of things.
I never wanted to be one of those guys that did not care...but I am almost there....this was not fun. Football is supposed to be a stress reliever....this was anything but. I guess in the grand scheme of things....if this is the worst thing that happens this week, I am very lucky.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
When it comes down to it just a game. Not your life and not your wife so get a grip.

Last edited:
You act like you played today. We are all fans. We don't own the team, don't play for the team, or coach the team. Why so dramatize over a loss?

Because that is what this board is for....what do you want me to say. All happy happy joy joy. Look, I have congratulated Temple on three other threads...they kicked our ass. Does it feel better for you to be a douche to another fan??? Thanks bro.

This is funny.. Some of us just need to eat crow. I had us sinning 9-10 games. No way that happens. But I will always support these kids and won't give up on them.
Me too. It's hard to believe some of the comments about giving up on the team and the staff after the first game. Wow.

I never had us winning 9-10 games. That is ludicrous. I thought 8-4....but 7-5 would not surprise me. Now we may be 3-9...maybe. I would not say any win is guaranteed now.

Hell right now, I think we will beat Buffalo and Army...but I would not be confident enough to say 100%.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Well....just freed up a bunch of Saturdays this fall. Look, the offensive line is just horrible, play the youngsters, how much worse can it be. Hack might consider just hanging it up till the NFL Draft in April so he does not get killed or injured (kidding, but maybe not a bad idea). I guess if I gave a crap anymore it would be about Franklin and in paticular Donovan, who strikes me as really clueless....do these guys even know how to coach BASIC football?

Reactions: Nashville Lion
Absolutely agree. Franklin seems to have no clue. Where's the screens, jet sweeps, hot reads? Good lord, why does he keep taking 7 step drops? Get rid of it

Ok what game did you watch? "where's the jet sweeps"...seriously? we only ran it about 6 times.
And "taking 7 step drops" wouldn't that mean that Hack would actually have to be under center?
Cause he wasn't at any time during any part of the game under the center. Which might be part of the problem.

I hear ya Nashville. I don't see any improvement in this team (other than the first 5 minutes of the game). To lose to Temple is inexcusable. I've lost a lot of faith in Franklin seeing the same errors today as last year. The coaching is just not very good. I know that's not popular but Franklin appears very average right now and Donovan and Hand are making the days of Jay as offensive coordinator look like the 'good old days'. ;).

I just finished watching unranked Louisville put up 24 points and have a much more dynamic offense against #6 Auburn than Penn St could do against unranked Temple.

Well, hopefully alabama wins tonight. They are fan base that has always been cool to us...never rubbed sanctions in our noses.

I never had us winning 9-10 games. That is ludicrous. I thought 8-4....but 7-5 would not surprise me. Now we may be 3-9...maybe. I would not say any win is guaranteed now.

Hell right now, I think we will beat Buffalo and Army...but I would not be confident enough to say 100%.

I was in the 8-4 camp but after seeing this ehhhhh not so much.
Franklin, Donovan and Hand are going to take a lot of heat over this and rightfully so.

Now that right there is funny. Grow a pair son.

OK, you're overreacting. We have a long list of areas in which we need to improve. The melodrama is funny though. I wish we'd won but tomorrow I'll wake up and go about my life.

ADVERTISEMENT