ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Caldwell

BostonNit

Mar 15, 2003
Was visiting my son at PSU a week or so ago, and thru a family friend who used to coach at PSU, we were the lucky recipients of a behind-the-scenes tour of The Beav, courtesy of Spider Caldwell.

I cannot say enough about what a great guy Spider is and what a great ambassador he is for all things PSU football.

Gracious with his time, knowledgeable, full of stories and just a plain fabulous person. So easy to see why he's been part of Penn State football for the Paterno, OB and now Franklin regimes.

Spider, thank you!

Y3UGjc2.jpg

3yivuDBWIoqQTkzC2

Last edited:
I saw Spider as part of a Beaver Stadium tour a few years ago, although he wasn't the one giving the tour. I agree. He was great. I told someone I would pay to listen to him talk for an hour. He's got such great stories and such history with the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob78 and BostonNit
Saw Spider @ the Fiesta Bowl as he and his wife were walking up the aisle. We were first introduced to him in 1996. He graciously posed with me and my (now) adult sons....and if I can figure out how to post the photo I will. What a wonderful and gracious man. Truly felt honored to see him and shake his hand once again.

Reactions: BostonNit
Right, he retired to Vermont or New Hampshire, one of those, and was going to be a high school AD. But then got the itch to return.

Was visiting my son at PSU a week or so ago, and thru a family friend who used to coach at PSU, we were the lucky recipients of a behind-the-scenes tour of The Beav, courtesy of Spider Caldwell.

I cannot say enough about what a great guy Spider is and what a great ambassador he is for all things PSU football.

Gracious with his time, knowledgeable, full of stories and just a plain fabulous person. So easy to see why he's been part of Penn State football for the Paterno, OB and now Franklin regimes.

Spider, thank you!

Y3UGjc2.jpg

3yivuDBWIoqQTkzC2
Spent some time with Spider at the Fiesta bowl event for Lettermen. Class guy.

ADVERTISEMENT