ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation growing that Chase Young will be ruled ineligible for season

I believe OSU self reported all of this so I doubt anything will be done to the school especially with the new regulations created and aimed at this exact type of thing. If anybody still believes CF is an amateur sport, they're just kidding themselves. Agents are on every CF campus aiming directly at the schools' stars. This has been going on in the SEC for years and to be quite honest, it's impossible to monitor kids' actions 24 hours a day

With that said, if Young did take money, he should be done at OSU - period - regardless of the upcoming changes. He broke the rules and must pay the penalty. Was also just reading that the other starting DE - Jon Cooper - is also out this week with an injury. The last 3 to 4 weeks could get interesting.

Going back to my first post in this thread, someone must had done something really dumb to get caught here. Kyle Lamb not writing the article himself means his source must be off the record. At this point it seems like OSU is doing damage control. I doubt the NCAA will take paying it back and sitting 1 game as an acceptable punishment.

Some of the current OSU players' dads on twitter are posting negative messages about agents in general, sounds like this could get ugly.
This is a huge issue. Is it institutionalized in any way? Are there more players?
2018, that's under Meyer. Interesting. More reason for his early retirement?
Yea, that contract with Fox might just multi year now.

Let him play for the PSU game then suspend him. I want PSU to shock the world when they are at full strength...

Reactions: hlstone
About 10 years ago I sat back and laughed and laughed and laughed at OSU getting in trouble for Tattoos. I pumped my chest when Pitt lost coach after coach....and then all hell broke loose on us.

I am not saying it wouldn't suck if Young didn't play in our game with OSU. What I am saying is I hope everyone keeps perspective that any day it could pop up that one of the PSU Players were in trouble for the same thing.

Curtis Enis says "hold my beer". ;)

I think Day is probably a really good coach. One of the things which always differentiated Meyer from the pack were his political skills. He was able to cover things up and through force of personality get people to fall on their sword for him throughout his career. Can Day do this? We shall see.

The idea that O$U is going to roll out another player who is even close to Young’s level is crazy. I was extremely worried about the Young/Rasheed Walker matchup because it meant we would have to chip him with a RB or keep an extra TE there to help which would place limitations on our offense. Walker vs next man up is a much better matchup for us irrespective of who that guy is going to be.

Reactions: Bertway0
You can’t replace a player like Chase Young. The kid is a generational talent. Many think he’s the #1 player taken in the draft.

Can’t help but wonder if Larry Johnson was helping behind the scenes. Its what he did at PSU with several of our defensive line players. Makes you wonder.

I think Day is probably a really good coach. One of the things which always differentiated Meyer from the pack were his political skills. He was able to cover things up and through force of personality get people to fall on their sword for him throughout his career. Can Day do this? We shall see.

The idea that O$U is going to roll out another player who is even close to Young’s level is crazy. I was extremely worried about the Young/Rasheed Walker matchup because it meant we would have to chip him with a RB or keep an extra TE there to help which would place limitations on our offense. Walker vs next man up is a much better matchup for us irrespective of who that guy is going to be.

Surely Delaney will have any punishment deferred until next season, so Young is unlikely to miss any games. We know nothing negative will happen to the Buckeyes or their season.

Besides, doesn't OSU have Tyreke Smith and that 5-star freshman (Zach Something ... Harrison?) they can simply plug in and get 4 sacks?
"Chase Young has done enough."
3QICCWOP7ZBNNLINGHIXQITAOM.jpg

Hell, gift cards even.

Sheila Dixon says hi.
edit: oops sorry forgot many don't know who the former mayor of Baltimore is/was...
>>On January 9, 2009, Dixon was indicted on twelve felony and misdemeanor counts, including perjury, theft, and misconduct. The charges stem partly from incidents in which she allegedly misappropriated gift cards intended for the poor.[1] On December 1, 2009, the jury returned a "guilty" verdict on one misdemeanor count of fraudulent misappropriation and Dixon received probation provided she resign as mayor as part of a plea agreement, effective February 4, 2010. She was succeeded by the City Council president, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, on February 4, 2010.<<

Assume this is the kind of thing that will probably not happen once NIL becomes the norm in the NCAA/college football. Honestly would rather have him play.

This definitely improves the chances of beating them in Columbus. If they had another d-end as good as him, that guy would be starting on the other side of the line.

This kind of stuff rarely turns into a win for my team but I'm optimistic. And yes Football Gods, praise be upon you, I know we have other issues first.

If that happens, would they have to forfeit games he played in?

This was my thought as well. The day he took the $$, he became ineligible, so any game he played in would have to be forfeited.
IIRC, they had a bye last week. My guess is they found out relatively quickly and took action. Given their track record, I can't see OSU having the moral fortitude to take themselves out of the CFP.

This was my thought as well. The day he took the $$, he became ineligible, so any game he played in would have to be forfeited.
IIRC, they had a bye last week. My guess is they found out relatively quickly and took action. Given their track record, I can't see OSU having the moral fortitude to take themselves out of the CFP.

I think it may depend on how much he accepted. Troy Smith got caught taking something like $500 from a booster, and he only had to sit out for a game or two IIRC.

Even if he ends up playing against us, the locker room distractions can't be good for them.

The second tweet (if true) is interesting. "NOT from an agent and NOT from anyone associated with OSU". So some random person decided to pay a couple thousand dollars in airfare out of the goodness of their heart? I should move to Ohio. People there are so nice they'd pay my vacation transportation costs. Nice!!!!
Setting aside this case, this is the sort of thing that schools ought to be able to subsidize, if this is in fact what was involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT