ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation growing that Chase Young will be ruled ineligible for season

Nope, Penn State never had the media love or we'd have at least a share of MNCs from 68,69,73, and 94. This is nothing new.

But as far as a COACHING destination, when Joe was still here, and before the 2011 incident, I remember all the Sirius XM jocks kept saying things like "every coach in the country would crawl on their hands and knees over broken glass to coach at Penn State".

To the National media, we were the utopian program. We were the one Program where they believed the term "student athlete" really meant something. I remember the speculation about Urban Meyer taking over for Joe, and Meyer letting the word "us" or "we" slip a couple of times in one of our games he was broadcasting. I have it on tape.

Time, and what we have all gone through, makes us forget how much we were respected Nationally in the old days. I love flipping in one of those old tapes on a Friday or Saturday night during the off season, and seeing what a different perspective people had on our Program at that time. And....... how fundamentally sound we were in almost every aspect of the game.

LOL...he'll "pay it back" and sit out the UMD scrimmage. The NCAA is a joke when this happens.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. But regardless, this is now a team distraction - something they didn't need or want at this point.

But as far as a COACHING destination, when Joe was still here, and before the 2011 incident, I remember all the Sirius XM jocks kept saying things like "every coach in the country would crawl on their hands and knees over broken glass to coach at Penn State".

To the National media, we were the utopian program. We were the one Program where they believed the term "student athlete" really meant something. I remember the speculation about Urban Meyer taking over for Joe, and Meyer letting the word "us" or "we" slip a couple of times in one of our games he was broadcasting. I have it on tape.

Time, and what we have all gone through, makes us forget how much we were respected Nationally in the old days. I love flipping in one of those old tapes on a Friday or Saturday night during the off season, and seeing what a different perspective people had on our Program at that time. And....... how fundamentally sound we were in almost every aspect of the game.
You're quoting some folk saying that sure. Then now we have baseless speculation more due to to many sources trying to get to many clicks .
All over op eds. It's not anti penn state , it's pro look at me and my astute speculation. Half ass media clowns that aren't much better than trolls and silly fans that pay to much attention to them .

Reactions: hlstone
Is it just me or is espn not reporting this on their web site? I see no mention of it. In fact, scrolling down their college football page, I found a picture of young above the headline, "What the playoff and New Year's Six bowl games would be today".

Is it just me or is espn not reporting this on their web site? I see no mention of it. In fact, scrolling down their college football page, I found a picture of young above the headline, "What the playoff and New Year's Six bowl games would be today".

Not to worry. Just to remind everyone that they are the world leader in sports, ESPN will "confirm" the story. Until they do that, there is nothing

Yep, we were the guys in the white hats. All that is gone now.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
yay

url

I didn't see it either so it might be board gossip as of now.

Some of the posts at EW and in the Letterman Row article are suggesting that this incident happened in 2018.

Huge impact if he cant play vs PSU

Reactions: GregInPitt
ESPN does have a short story that he's not playing vs. UMD. But they really seem to be downplaying it. What a shocker.

So OSU forfeits the games he's already played? I guess the BIG east is down to us and Indiana. I hope we're not looking past Minnesota because of next week's BIG Ten showdown. :rolleyes:

ESPN does have a short story that he's not playing vs. UMD. But they really seem to be downplaying it. What a shocker.

Meh, its already on the front page as the top headline; don't think it will be downplayed for long.

Some of the current OSU players' dads on twitter are posting negative messages about agents in general, sounds like this could get ugly.

About 10 years ago I sat back and laughed and laughed and laughed at OSU getting in trouble for Tattoos. I pumped my chest when Pitt lost coach after coach....and then all hell broke loose on us.

I am not saying it wouldn't suck if Young didn't play in our game with OSU. What I am saying is I hope everyone keeps perspective that any day it could pop up that one of the PSU Players were in trouble for the same thing.

“Ohio State’s Chase Young will not play in this Saturday’s game between the Buckeyes and the Maryland Terrapins due to a possible NCAA issue from 2018 that the Department of Athletics is looking into,” reads the official statement from OSU."

They’re still in bed.

About 10 years ago I sat back and laughed and laughed and laughed at OSU getting in trouble for Tattoos. I pumped my chest when Pitt lost coach after coach....and then all hell broke loose on us.

I am not saying it wouldn't suck if Young didn't play in our game with OSU. What I am saying is I hope everyone keeps perspective that any day it could pop up that one of the PSU Players were in trouble for the same thing.
You have to realize most get that, but this board probably has the highest percentage that won't get it. It's gotten better, but there are still a ton of the holier than thou folks here.

You have to realize most get that, but this board probably has the highest percentage that won't get it. It's gotten better, but there are still a ton of the holier than thou folks here.

I'm in no way a "holier than thou type" but, that's not going to stop me from taking joy in seeing OSU getting busted for cheating. If it happens to us some time down the road, then we'll deal with.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I always find the comments to the articles interesting. Essentially, there are no facts, so he'll be back for Penn State. Except, there is a fact that he is suspended indefinitely.

So OSU forfeits the games he's already played? I guess the BIG east is down to us and Indiana. I hope we're not looking past Minnesota because of next week's BIG Ten showdown. :rolleyes:
I believe OSU self reported all of this so I doubt anything will be done to the school especially with the new regulations created and aimed at this exact type of thing. If anybody still believes CF is an amateur sport, they're just kidding themselves. Agents are on every CF campus aiming directly at the schools' stars. This has been going on in the SEC for years and to be quite honest, it's impossible to monitor kids' actions 24 hours a day

With that said, if Young did take money, he should be done at OSU - period - regardless of the upcoming changes. He broke the rules and must pay the penalty. Was also just reading that the other starting DE - Jon Cooper - is also out this week with an injury. The last 3 to 4 weeks could get interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT