Speaking of protesting outside of a government official's home

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
I just saw the report linked below on the internet. It appeared there most likely due to the incendiary nature of comments Cheeto allegedly made about the Michigan Secretary of State, Jocelyn Benson.

Those comments are despicable, to be sure, but my interest in this story focuses much more on its recounting that a group of armed protesters showed up outside Secretary Benson's home one December night, not long after the 2020 election occurred. Aside from being armed, they were chanting "murderer" and "traitor" because she insisted on certifying Biden's electoral victory in Michigan. (The gall of that woman!)

So, all of you Trump Cultists who were up in arms about abortion rights protesters showing up outside of Brett Kavanaugh's home: are you equally unhappy about armed protesters showing up outside Secretary Benson's home and chanting "murderer" and "traitor?" If not, why not?

Reactions: NJPSU

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
I just saw the report linked below on the internet. It appeared there most likely due to the incendiary nature of comments Cheeto allegedly made about the Michigan Secretary of State, Jocelyn Benson.

Those comments are despicable, to be sure, but my interest in this story focuses much more on its recounting that a group of armed protesters showed up outside Secretary Benson's home one December night, not long after the 2020 election occurred. Aside from being armed, they were chanting "murderer" and "traitor" because she insisted on certifying Biden's electoral victory in Michigan. (The gall of that woman!)

So, all of you Trump Cultists who were up in arms about abortion rights protesters showing up outside of Brett Kavanaugh's home: are you equally unhappy about armed protesters showing up outside Secretary Benson's home and chanting "murderer" and "traitor?" If not, why not?

I can think of virtually no circumstances where protesters should go to the home of a public official to protest. The protest should be at the official address of the public official. For instance, early in covid, people protested at the home of Ohio's health director and I was very much opposed to that.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

It is abundantly clear by now that only leftists condone this type of bullshit. You just seem to be a little behind.

Reactions: m.knox and Hotshoe

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
It is abundantly clear by now that only leftists condone this type of bullshit. You just seem to be a little behind.
Full snark value, but you no doubt recall that I expressed my objection to the protesters appearing outside Kavanaugh's home as soon as I heard of it. I am glad to know that we agree on this issue.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

I’m strongly against ANY protest outside any public persons home or when that person is out in public having dinner, etc. That’s crossing the line and is wrong at so many levels. it’s intimidation, pure and simple.

However, from what I understand, it’s against the law when it comes to protesting outside the homes of judges.

Reactions: LioninHouston

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
I’m strongly against ANY protest outside any public persons home or when that person is out in public having dinner, etc. That’s crossing the line and is wrong at so many levels. it’s intimidation, pure and simple.

However, from what I understand, it’s against the law when it comes to protesting outside the homes of judges.
Even Biden won’t condemn it.

Reactions: Hotshoe and psuted

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Even Biden won’t condemn it.

So, what’s the point in having laws if you don’t enforce the laws you have? I fully understand why such laws exist for judges, and our “so called” President and his DOJ doesn’t enforce the laws? It’s unconscionable they won’t even condemn that behavior. And that’s why I have no time for Democrats. The do this crap all the time and it undermines our most trusted institutions. It’s pathetic.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
So, what’s the point in having laws if you don’t enforce the laws you have? I fully understand why such laws exist for judges, and our “so called” President and his DOJ doesn’t enforce the laws? It’s unconscionable they won’t even condemn that behavior. And that’s why I have no time for Democrats. The do this crap all the time and it undermines our most trusted institutions. It’s pathetic.
Killing babies is more important to Dims.

junior1

May 29, 2001

Well, if it wasn't right in that instance, it shouldn't be deemed ok in protesting at judges residences, as is being encouraged by democrat leaders.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001

no excuse on Trump but you do understand the difference between an elected official of the executive or legislative branches and the judiciary, correct? You are comparing apples to oranges.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Full snark value, but you no doubt recall that I expressed my objection to the protesters appearing outside Kavanaugh's home as soon as I heard of it. I am glad to know that we agree on this issue.

I'm calling BS on that. You didn't give one shit about protestors outside of Kavanaugh's house.