ADVERTISEMENT

Sparty looks very beatable

I was just about to post the same thing. Not impressed with their performance against WMICH tonight.

Not impressed by Sparty, I think defense wise they take a huge step back this year.

Oregon will beat them by 20+

I'm sure Sparty is looking past West Mich for their grudge rematch with The Ducks next week.....only human nature.

WMICH was 8-5 last year in the MAC. I highly doubt they improved that much this season where they should have scored 24 on #5 and possibly had them on the ropes. MSU looked like dog crap, no doubt about it. Up until that INT where WMICH WR made no effort, WMICH was moving the ball at will.

Not good when you have a high power offense like Oregon next.

we need a couple games for these teams to shake out. TCU looked awful. Sparty was actually playing a Bronco team that was missing some star players. D'Antonio does get improvement out of his team over the year - would like to play these guys early rather than end of season. by the time we see them, he will have fixed the leaks.

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
Week 1 sees more curveballs than any other week and much of the time becomes an illusion as the season moves along. The top teams in the MAC, of which Western Michigan is one (and Temple would be another) are capable of hanging with anyone. Throw in that game being played in Kalamazoo in week 1 and you have a recipe for the underdog to keep things very respectable no matter who they're playing.

Sparty's D misses its overall talent from last year more than Narduzzi.

Sparty is always beatable by any decent team. Most overrated program over the past 4-5 years. If they weren't in the b1g, they wouldn't have the record to be a consistent top 15 team.

Why don't we see how we look before we decide who's beatable based on one game. We may come out and look awful and fans of the teams we play will be saying we look beatable. I hope not but the team hasn't done anything yet this year to instill confidence on who we will be able to beat and who we won't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT