ADVERTISEMENT

Spanier has a book coming out in 09/22

How could the damage have been greater?
Had Joe been on that sideline for the rest of the year PSU would have received the Death Penalty.
Corbett didn't get Sandusky when he was AG and he didn't warn PSU officials.
Because PSU didn't report it in 2001.
It's clear that he had animosity towards Spanier.
It's not clear but alleged. Show proof of that.
I don't see how he's the hero in this case.
He was collateral damage of the wrath of the JoeBots. Mad, that their god was dethroned.

Had Joe been on that sideline for the rest of the year PSU would have received the Death Penalty.
Highly unlikely. The Freeh report wasn't even issued until the following summer.

The correct action would have been for the board to express it's concerns for what was alleged in the GJ presentment and to suspend involved parties with pay pending a thorough investigation. By firing Joe without even talking to him they told the world that he and other PSU officials were guilty. That's what opened the doors for the NCAA and BiG to cover their rear ends by imposing heavy sanctions.

Compare this to Michigan State. Many actual victims reported abuse to university officials. Zero Sandusky victims reported anything to PSU officials. Much different results when you defend the university instead of throwing people under the bus in order to cover your own rear ends.

Because there are no names. Or are they "known only to God?" Name them fraud.
Who was the victim that testified at Spanier's trial? Only victim two was unidentified. And it was victim 5 who was later abused by Sandusky at PSU and who got Spanky his jail time.

Who was the victim that testified at Spanier's trial? Only victim two was unidentified. And it was victim 5 who was later abused by Sandusky at PSU and who got Spanky his jail time.
You have no names. Known only to God......name them. Unidentified because there was no victim. PSU had nothing to do with the whole situation. Come on....who was "the little boy in the shower?"
"

Highly unlikely. The Freeh report wasn't even issued until the following summer.
But the presentment and Joe's GJ testimony was out. We knew that Joe knew about Sandusky in Nov. 2011. Had they let him stay the outrage would have been hotter than the sun.
The correct action would have been for the board to express it's concerns for what was alleged in the GJ presentment and to suspend involved parties with pay pending a thorough investigation.
They could not have allowed Joe on the sideline or to give press conferences. He would have made it far worse.
By firing Joe without even talking to him they told the world that he and other PSU officials were guilty.
I agree that Joe was treated poorly here. He should have immediately stepped down on his own. That was have been the right thing to do instead of telling the BOT "I'll leave when I'm damn good and ready".
That's what opened the doors for the NCAA and BiG to cover their rear ends by imposing heavy sanctions.
Cover their rear ends from what? B1G and NCAA had no prior knowledge of Sandusky.
Compare this to Michigan State. Many actual victims reported abuse to university officials.
Who were all gone or dead by the time it broke. At least the famous ones and the perp.
Zero Sandusky victims reported anything to PSU officials. Much different results when you defend the university instead of throwing people under the bus in order to cover your own rear ends.
Again, cover their rear ends from what? The BOT? They never knew about either 2001 OR 1998. CSS and JOe did though. These officials (CSS and Joe) knew about Sandusky in 1998 and did nothing then and then again in 2001. They had a report from a licensed psychologist that said Jerry was a pedo in 1998. Are you saying the BOT knew more about Sandusky than CSS and Joe? Crazy,

You have no names. Known only to God......name them. Unidentified because there was no victim. PSU had nothing to do with the whole situation. Come on....who was "the little boy in the shower?"
"
So MM made this up out of whole cloth and for what reason? So he could alienate himself from his entire hometown? You are delusional. Who was Victim 5.

So MM made this up out of whole cloth and for what reason? So he could alienate himself from his entire hometown? You are delusional. Who was Victim 5.
MM saw nothing. He was an "ear" witness. Check out the layout of the locker room. He can't see around corners.
So why didn't a victim come forward to collect 10 million dollars? Name the child. You have a difficult time getting a murder conviction without a body. A crime with an "unknown" victim?
PSU was not responsible for whatever happened.....if in fact anything happened at all. Nothing happened on the Penn State Campus. Jerry was the responsibility of TSM.
Funny how The Second Mile got a pass. Why don't you tell us the fable of the crying janitor?

But the presentment and Joe's GJ testimony was out. We knew that Joe knew about Sandusky in Nov. 2011. Had they let him stay the outrage would have been hotter than the sun.

They could not have allowed Joe on the sideline or to give press conferences. He would have made it far worse.

I agree that Joe was treated poorly here. He should have immediately stepped down on his own. That was have been the right thing to do instead of telling the BOT "I'll leave when I'm damn good and ready".

Cover their rear ends from what? B1G and NCAA had no prior knowledge of Sandusky.

Who were all gone or dead by the time it broke. At least the famous ones and the perp.

Again, cover their rear ends from what? The BOT? They never knew about either 2001 OR 1998. CSS and JOe did though. These officials (CSS and Joe) knew about Sandusky in 1998 and did nothing then and then again in 2001. They had a report from a licensed psychologist that said Jerry was a pedo in 1998. Are you saying the BOT knew more about Sandusky than CSS and Joe? Crazy,
Just about everything you said is either inaccurate or biased. But let's start with this. You say that Joe should have stepped down on his own. That's like saying he should have admitted guilt. How would that have calmed things down? He did say that he wasn't coming back..

P.S. I told you that the board should have suspended people with pay pending an investigation. That would be a sign that they were taking the allegations seriously without prematurely passing judgment.

Also, a lot of board members knew JS and had been involved with TSM. They didn't want any of this to come back at them. To say they had no reason to cover their rear ends is naive.

Paterno statement after GJP:

If true, the nature and amount of charges made are very shocking to me and all Penn Staters. While I did what I was supposed to with the one charge brought to my attention, like anyone else involved I can’t help but be deeply saddened these matters are alleged to have occurred.
Sue and I have devoted our lives to helping young people reach their potential. The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling. If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers.
As my grand jury testimony stated, I was informed in 2002 by an assistant coach that he had witnessed an incident in the shower of our locker room facility. It was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report. Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky. As coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I referred the matter to university administrators.
I understand that people are upset and angry, but let's be fair and let the legal process unfold. In the meantime I would ask all Penn Staters to continue to trust in what that name represents, continue to pursue their lives every day with high ideals and not let these events shake their beliefs nor who they are.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
MM saw nothing.
He did see Sandusky molesting victim 2 and testified so several times. First he saw it in the mirror then directly. Testimony.
He was an "ear" witness. Check out the layout of the locker room. He can't see around corners.
Already explained.
So why didn't a victim come forward to collect 10 million dollars?

Name the child.

You have a difficult time getting a murder conviction without a body.
Yet they often do get such convictions.

A crime with an "unknown" victim?
Yup
PSU was not responsible for whatever happened.....if in fact anything happened at all.
They were responsible for what happened on their campus.
Nothing happened on the Penn State Campus.
Victims 2&5 happened.

Jerry was the responsibility of TSM.
Not in 1998 and not on PSU campus in 1001. Plus TSM was never told anything actionable. Curley withheld it from them.
Funny how The Second Mile got a pass. Why don't you tell us the fable of the crying janitor?
TSM didn’t get a pass. They were investigated by local and Federal LE. Nothing was found.

He did see Sandusky molesting victim 2 and testified so several times. First he saw it in the mirror then directly. Testimony.

Already explained.

Name the child.

You have a difficult time getting a murder conviction without a body.
Yet they often do get such convictions.

A crime with an "unknown" victim?
Yup

They were responsible for what happened on their campus.
Nothing happened on the Penn State Campus.
Victims 2&5 happened.

Jerry was the responsibility of TSM.
Not in 1998 and not on PSU campus in 1001. Plus TSM was never told anything actionable. Curley withheld it from them.

TSM didn’t get a pass. They were investigated by local and Federal LE. Nothing was found.

You seem very stupid.

LdN

Just about everything you said is either inaccurate or biased.
Not at all. You are biased as a JoeBot
But let's start with this. You say that Joe should have stepped down on his own. That's like saying he should have admitted guilt. How would that have calmed things down? He did say that he wasn't coming back..
Joe stepping down would have removed him as a distraction for an outraged public who knew that Sandusky had been reported to him 10 years earlier. Having him remain on the sidelines would have stirred up more outrage by showing the school was tone deaf.
P.S. I told you that the board should have suspended people with pay pending an investigation. That would be a sign that they were taking the allegations seriously without prematurely passing judgment.
Actually they did just that to Joe, Schultz and Curley.
Also, a lot of board members knew JS and had been involved with TSM. They didn't want any of this to come back at them. To say they had no reason to cover their rear ends is naive.
Answer the question. Many people knew Jerry but in order to “cover their rears” They had to have something to coverup. Like CSS and Joe who knew about Sandusky’s molestations previously. Are you saying the BOT knew as well?

Joe stepping down would have removed him as a distraction for an outraged public who knew that Sandusky had been reported to him 10 years earlier. Having him remain on the sidelines would have stirred up more outrage by showing the school was tone deaf.

Answer the question. Many people knew Jerry but in order to “cover their rears” They had to have something to coverup. Like CSS and Joe who knew about Sandusky’s molestations previously. Are you saying the BOT knew as well?
I see you're back to saying Joe, Curley, Shultz, and Spanier knew everything but Dad, Dranov, and board members who knew JS and participated with TSM had no idea.

WTF is wrong with you?

P.S. When during this episode did Joe tell the BOT that he'd leave when he's damn ready?

Reactions: PSU2UNC
I see you're back to saying Joe, Curley, Shultz, and Spanier knew everything but Dad, Dranov, and board members who knew JS and participated with TSM had no idea.
That’s what the evidence shows. You’re just choosing to believe they knew the same as CSS and Joe. But the evidence says otherwise.
WTF is wrong with you?
WTF is wrong with you? Why do you defend pedophile enablers?
P.S. When during this episode did Joe tell the BOT that he'd leave when he's damn ready?
The statement he issued right before he was fired

Allen Meyer was not molested that night or ever. He said so himself. It took $ millions from the BOT to turn him.

That’s what the evidence shows. You’re just choosing to believe they knew the same as CSS and Joe. But the evidence says otherwise.

WTF is wrong with you? Why do you defend pedophile enablers?

The statement he issued right before he was fired
It's ok to have a different opinion but you make up your own facts. You're disturbed. I'm done with you.

Paterno statement after GJP:
Paterno Family Statement:

“It can be argued that Joe Paterno should have gone further. He should have pushed his superiors to see that they were doing their jobs. We accept this criticism."

Maybe you should accept it too?

Here's a good review from Amazon:

I pre-ordered the audiobook and started listening as soon as it came out. The upside to listening to the audiobook meant that I could hear him speak the words as he truly meant them. The downside of the audiobook was that I had to listen to his smug voice lament about the lack of recognition he has received for his “gracious” actions as the Penn State President.

This is not so much an “anatomy of a smear,” as he put it, but instead a Boomer’s ranting Facebook post. This reads somewhat like a Buzzfeed listicle as he spends much of the book outlining his life accomplishments and his many apparent claims to fame.

Among some of the more entertaining stories:

1. Spanier’s family was involved in hiding Nelson Mandela prior to his arrest
2. Spanier was selected as a director for the non-existent “US Office of Families” (but was never announced because Carter lost his re-election campaign)
3. Tom Corbett, the then PA governor, viewed Spanier as a political rival and publicly celebrated his “demise” at American Ale House in State College (great food, and, unlike this book, I 10/10 recommend)

The list goes on and on. I don’t know anything is true or false, but, either way, this list is insane. This also doesn’t even cover the dozens and dozens awards/praises/acknowledgments he claims to have received throughout his academic career.

Also included are the names of seemingly every person who has wronged him since January of 2011. Him listing out his personal grievances with them all was also very entertaining.

Among the pettiest:
1. He is the only PSU president not to have a portrait displayed in the administration building (I believe he’s referring to Old Main)
2. He couldn’t juggle with the performing magician organization anymore
3. He had to give back his Lion suit

However, that’s not to say that he doesn’t also discuss personal challenges and genuine, generational obstacles. His paternal family had to leave native Germany to avoid Nazi persecution. He grew up with a physically abusing father. He and his family have overcome horrific injustices. However, these experiences seemed to be hastily included to either justify or excuse his later actions.

The book considers both ethical and moral integrity, neither of which I’m sure he possesses. This book was intended to expose some vast government/academic conspiracy, but instead highlights the reason for his well-earned downfall: he fostered a culture at Penn State where no one gave enough of a shit about these kids to ask obvious questions or pursue necessary action. He was licensed/certified as a therapist. He had no excuse. He didn’t care then and, as he wrote an entire book about he being the real victim, he doesn’t care now.

Short and sweet: Graham Spanier glorifies himself, which is entertaining/embarrassing as hell, but lacks any real reflection or remorse for his actions (and inaction) that, at the very least, allowed Jerry Sandusky to continue sexually abusing young boys.

Reactions: nikko57
You are a magnificent clown.
You are a religious fanatic and a cretin
Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan all had sex scandals of many times the magnitude of what allegedly occurred at PSU (and if it did occur was a failure or PA. child services, courts, law enforcement and a charity under the supervision of the OAG....LOL Corbett). They suffered nothing akin to PSU because their respective governors did not have an agenda.
The OAG ran TSM? You must have dementia. LOL

@bourbon n blues , I respect your views. Refresh me here.

Is it your view that Paterno failed to act because he was overwhelmed by the enormity of what he was seeing and was simply unable to deal with it.

OR that Paterno was just glad to hand it off to Spanier/Curley/Schultz and wash his hands of it.

Same question for Curley/Schultz/Spanier.

Just because he is not Victim 2 does not mean he was not victimized another time.
Of all the hundreds of dumb comments you made on this board, that one may be the dumbest.

These precious victims would never ever lie, unless one makes a statement that appears to exonerate Joe Paterno, in that case, he’s lying his ass off!

Last edited:
Of all the hundreds of dumb comments you made on this board, that one may be the dumbest.

These precious victims would never ever lie, unless one makes a statement that appears to exonerate Joe Paterno, in that case, he’s lying his ass off!
The victim you are talking about didn’t exonerate Paterno. That’s a dumb comment to say he did.

@bourbon n blues , I respect your views. Refresh me here.

Is it your view that Paterno failed to act because he was overwhelmed by the enormity of what he was seeing and was simply unable to deal with it.

OR that Paterno was just glad to hand it off to Spanier/Curley/Schultz and wash his hands of it.

Same question for Curley/Schultz/Spanier.
CSS and Paterno all knew Jerry had molested a child but didn’t want it made public. So, they told Jerry to knock it off (at least on their property) and gambled that if he did it again it would not be tied to them. Had it become known in 2001 then the public would have learned of 1998 and they all would have been fired.

ADVERTISEMENT