ADVERTISEMENT

Spanier Denied Supreme Court Hearing

This is the longest and worst losing streak I have ever seen. What have we won?? Nothing. The A9 report was a joke. There is nothing. Nadda. Not one freakin thing that comes close to a W. What a total shit show. And people that are supposedly in the know, still won't talk, like 100 years later.

Shocking. How else do you explain losing every judgment in a clearly objective and fair Pennsylvania judicial system?

Reactions: Ski
Shocking. How else do you explain losing every judgment in a clearly objective and fair Pennsylvania judicial system?
6a00d8341bf7d953ef0192ac020722970d-600wi

I've mentioned this before. It is truly shocking that he was convicted of a crime which does not even remotely apply to him and his circumstances. How can this f***ing state of PA judicial system be this F***ed up [semi-rhetorical].

Again, and for giggles, here is is below.
Item (1): Spanier did not supervise the victim known only to God
Item (2): Jack Raykovitz was notified of the shower incident
Item (3): None of the condition apply to Spanier.

2010 Pennsylvania Code
Title 18 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 43 - Offenses Against the Family
4304 - Endangering welfare of children.

§ 4304. Endangering welfare of children.
(a) Offense defined.
--
(1) A parent, guardian or other person supervising the
welfare of a child under 18 years of age, or a person that
employs or supervises such a person, commits an offense if he
knowingly endangers the welfare of the child by violating a
duty of care, protection or support.
(2) A person commits an offense if the person, in an
official capacity, prevents or interferes with the making of
a report of suspected child abuse under 23 Pa.C.S. Ch. 63
(relating to child protective services).
(3) As used in this subsection, the term "person
supervising the welfare of a child" means a person other than
a parent or guardian that provides care, education, training
or control of a child.

I've mentioned this before. It is truly shocking that he was convicted of a crime which does not even remotely apply to him and his circumstances. How can this f***ing state of PA judicial system be this F***ed up [semi-rhetorical].

Again, and for giggles, here is is below.
Item (1): Spanier did not supervise the victim known only to God
Item (2): Jack Raykovitz was notified of the shower incident
Item (3): None of the condition apply to Spanier.

2010 Pennsylvania Code
Title 18 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 43 - Offenses Against the Family
4304 - Endangering welfare of children.

§ 4304. Endangering welfare of children.
(a) Offense defined.
--
(1) A parent, guardian or other person supervising the
welfare of a child under 18 years of age, or a person that
employs or supervises such a person, commits an offense if he
knowingly endangers the welfare of the child by violating a
duty of care, protection or support.
(2) A person commits an offense if the person, in an
official capacity, prevents or interferes with the making of
a report of suspected child abuse under 23 Pa.C.S. Ch. 63
(relating to child protective services).
(3) As used in this subsection, the term "person
supervising the welfare of a child" means a person other than
a parent or guardian that provides care, education, training
or control of a child.

1. Certainly applies to Jack Raykovitz
2. Raykovitz received the same info Spanier did
3. Certainly applies to Raykovitz

What a travesty of justice! Spanier was not told of CSA because McQueary did not report CSA to Curley and Schultz or to anyone else. AM (v2), the boy in the shower said nothing happened. MK (v5) gave 3 different years that his alleged shower took place and he was the star witness in Spanier’s trial. The judicial system in Pennsylvania is a joke.

As Audrey would say in Sneaky Pete,who would have ever thought it would end up this way(Joepa/Cosby reference)?

This is the longest and worst losing streak I have ever seen. What have we won?? Nothing. The A9 report was a joke. There is nothing. Nadda. Not one freakin thing that comes close to a W. What a total shit show. And people that are supposedly in the know, still won't talk, like 100 years later.

PSU has officially said all it's ever going to say. Everything in the courts is sealed. It really doesn't matter. So many lies came out of PSU it's pretty hard for me to want to believe anything they'd have to say now. So many duplicitous, incongruous events led to where we are that people can only make up their own minds about what happened. I believe the worst, which is that people who walked away from this were intimately involved in Jerry's world. I can only surmise who some of them are.

Again I would urge people to watch "Children of the Snow" on ID Discovery or however you can find it on demand. Big difference is that kids were murdered in that one. There's a lot more that's very much the same.

can he appeal outside of the state of PA? Like to the US Supreme Court?

I am not a lawyer, but I believe the answer is No. I am not sure if you can file a PCRA on a misdemeanor charge, it would seem pointless. I am guessing that a writ of habeus corpus at the federal level doesn’t make any sense. I assume that Spanier will be going to jail soon.

I am not a lawyer, but I believe the answer is No. I am not sure if you can file a PCRA on a misdemeanor charge, it would seem pointless. I am guessing that a writ of habeus corpus at the federal level doesn’t make any sense. I assume that Spanier will be going to jail soon.
Hmm didn’t think you went to jail on misdemeanors, except of course if you are Don Blankenship

Reactions: N&B4PSU
When does lou anna simon go to jail, because you know, she actually knew and covered up?

The courts in Michigan are not our courts in PA. It's really quite astonishing. Thank God Spanier is locked up. Serves the interest of every child, right? Now our children can finally go to the corner store without Spanier to worry about.

This pedophilia must end. I trust the current board to see that this ends, once and for all. Where would we be without them? God bless these, the best Pennsylvania has to offer. We Are. We're all rooting for the Board.

Thank God the Freeh recommendations are finally kicking in and kids are free to go get ice cream without fear. No worries. Thank you, thank you Josh Shapiro, and especially Frank Fina.

Maribeth makes an excellent point. How the hell can a University President be responsible for unknown individuals? If the state of Pennsylvania can mete out hard time for a political adversary of the former Governor for someone known only to God where the exact circumstances of just what happened are far from clear then what can they do to you and I?

Will someone in a position of authority please launch a federal investigation to determine the facts of the case. If they do, I believe they will find:

1. The boy is the shower is not unknown. An objective investigation will identify the boy in the shower as AM.

2. AM may or may not have been abused. An objective investigation will determine that AM was likely not abused.

3. Mike McQueary is not a credible witness. He has given multiple different accounts of what happened. The incident in the Lasch building showers likely happened on December 30, 2000. McQueary complained via email to prosecutor Jonelle Eshbach that she twisted his words in the grand jury presentment. McQueary did not witness an anal rape as McQueary has already testified that he did not see penetration.

4. Graham Spanier was the victim of a political vendetta by Tom Corbett

5. The Penn State Board of Trustees, in a rush to judgment, prematurely fired Joe Paterno and Graham Spanier.

6. The Freeh Report is a propaganda piece that has no basis in the facts of the case

Hmm didn’t think you went to jail on misdemeanors, except of course if you are Don Blankenship
"Each degree of misdemeanor in Pennsylvania has maximum penalties associated with it, though a court does not have to impose the maximum possible penalty in every case. In any misdemeanor case, a court can impose sentences that include jail time, fines, or both".

(5) A crime is a misdemeanor of the first degree if it is so designated or if a person convicted thereof may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment, the maximum of which is not more than 5 years.

(6) A crime is a misdemeanor of the second degree if it is so designated or if a person convicted thereof may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment, the maximum of which is not more than 2 years, or if it is an offense declared by law to constitute a crime, without specification of the class thereof, if the maximum sentence does not make it a felony.

(7) A crime is a misdemeanor of the third degree if it so designated or if a person convicted thereof may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment, the maximum of which is not more than 1 year, or if it is a crime declared to be a misdemeanor, without specification of degree.

(8) An offense is a summary offense if it is so designated or if a person convicted thereof may be sentenced to a term of imprisonment, the maximum of which is not more than 90 days.

(b) Penalties for offenses. The act (18 Pa.C.S. § § 1101—1105) provides that persons convicted of offenses may be sentenced to imprisonment and to pay a fine not exceeding the following maximum time or amounts (unless a higher or lower time or amount is specifically prescribed by statute):

(1) Murder of the first degree Mandatory death or life imprisonment
(2) Murder of the second degree. Mandatory life imprisonment
(3) Felony of the first degree 20 years — $25,000
(4) Felony of the second degree. 10 years — $25,000
(5) Felony of the third degree. 7 years — $15,000
(6) Misdemeanor of the first degree. 5 years — $10,000
(7) Misdemeanor of the second degree. 2 years — $5,000
(8) Misdemeanor of the third degree. 1 year — $2,000
(9) Summary Offense 90 days — $300

Do people WANT Spanier to win something? Why? He was president of the university and was told Sandusky had sexually abused a kid on campus. I don't think there is evidence of a cover up but the guy did what amounts to nothing about it. He was the president of the university.

He deserves the child endangerment conviction he got.

Do people WANT Spanier to win something? Why? He was president of the university and was told Sandusky had sexually abused a kid on campus. I don't think there is evidence of a cover up but the guy did what amounts to nothing about it. He was the president of the university.

He deserves the child endangerment conviction he got.
Except that he wasn't.

One day, hopefully, someone will cut out his tongue and shove it down his throat to end his charade that “nobody is above the law”.

He stated this again in his press release yesterday:
“No one is above the law, and my office will continue to pursue anyone who looks the other way in the face of child sexual abuse,” Attorney General Josh Shapiro said in a statement. “There are consequences for failing to protect children in Pennsylvania.”

Last edited:
One day, hopefully, someone will cut out his tongue and shove it down his throat to end his charade that “nobody is above the law”.

“No one is above the law, and my office will continue to pursue anyone who looks the other way in the face of child sexual abuse,” Attorney General Josh Shapiro said in a statement. “There are consequences for failing to protect children in Pennsylvania.”

Hopefully Shapiro will eat his words one day. He has political aspirations and will probably run for Governor in 2022. I would love for the Penn State fiasco to be the issue that prevents Shapiro from being Governor.

ADVERTISEMENT