ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest Emergency Landing

Any way to know which gate that SW flight left Denver yesterday? I left Denver to Austin Yesterday at 8:10pm from Gate 49 and I believe the prior flight left from the same gate to Vegas at 7 with Phoenix as the continuing jump. Would be cool if that was the plane and I can really freak out the wife for future trips (she does not understand or believe in probability theory so statistics are meaningless)

Yep. Per FlightAware - that flight at Gate C49 at 7 PM Monday WAS the same airplane (N772SW).

It shows the departure gate in the upper left hand corner, under DEN.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N772SW/history/20180417/0100Z/KDEN/KLAS

Reactions: CentexLion
I fly regularly and don't mind it, but my wife and mother hate it and are scared to death. I finally convinced them we should fly to Disney World for our trip next month. Of course it's on Southwest, and of course this happened weeks before we go. Looks like a heavier dose of Xanax in store for them.
You should find the odds of a major airline having two major malfunctions a month apart. If anything, the safety of your plane will be even that much better.

If I recall correctly, FAA changed regs a few years back to permit airlines to maintenance their fleets abroad. One of the more contentious points of the change was the facilities overseas did not require the same qualifications. Rather than all having a certain certification, the shop only had to be supervised by one who has the correct certification.

Maybe, but Southwest doesn't have any international maintenance bases.

SIAP ... Just saw a picture of the woman pilot didnt realize she was a navy fighter pilot and one of the first women to fly the F-18 .... NTSB says metal fatigue a large factor from initial inspection and 2 fan blades missing and engine cowling was supposed to keep all engine parts inside and avoid what happened to the women killed and now focus begins on why this didnt happen. Southwest speeds up all engine inspections for metal fatigue

It's likely that an advisory is issued for all airlines whose aircraft use that same engine will be inspecting them.

So, after the 60 minutes report on Allegiant, I cancel a flight we had booked from Sarasota to Pittsburgh. Decide to eat the cost and take the "safe" alternative and book a flight home from Tampa on Southwest.

My son flys a lot and he only will fly on Southwest. I watched the report on Sunday and would still fly SW over Allegiant.

ADVERTISEMENT