ADVERTISEMENT

Southen Scuffle Final Round Official Thread

Eastern HWT

Jan 3, 2015
Iron Head is up and talking on the PSU Audio Feed

Final Round starts at 7:00pm with 4 bouts.

Here are links with information provided by Tom yesterday:

When:
Jan. 1, at 10 am EST

Where:
UT-Chattanooga's McKenzie Arena

TV:
none

Video Streaming:
available to subscribers of FloWrestling

Audio Streaming:
Ironhead's PBP is available for free, at this link:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=236

The pre-tournament coverage starts at 9:40 am EST

Brackets:
You can view the brackets at:

https://gomocs.com/documents/2018/12/31//Brackets.pdf

or at:

https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/62a160d7-df65-aa6c-10ea-ede67f99dbd3

Final Round to start at 174 with Hall vs. Jo-Jo Smith OKST

Bo hit 100 wins during quarters.

Jason is PSU pin leader with 54th pin in the Semi-finals.

PSU leads Oklahoma State 186 -172.5.

157 will be an all PSU final as unseeded Bo Pipher will try to continue his run against Jason Nolf.

The last match of the evening will be 165 - Cenzo vs Chance.

Cassar vs White is the big one for me.
And/because I hate the HWT weight.

But LionVision audio is up and working, so all is well.
My computer might survive the night.

Do you think they turn Jeff down when he is flipping out.........

Mark did the rope a dope till 15 secs left. then puts him to his back. Beautiful.

That should lock up the 2019 Southern Scuffle

Reactions: danoftw
After a lousy day, I'm back. Missed everything from sometime around the 133/141 semis. I'll have to catch up via the earlier thread.

174 Final: Mark Hall vs. JoJo Smith (Ok. St.)

Per 1
Nothing much thru 1 min. Lots of battling, but no real shots thru 2 minutes. Smith tries to get in on the right side, nothing. Hall really working the JoJo's head. Smith drives in, nothing. End

Per 2
Smith takes bottom. Smith up quickly to his feet, taken back down, works back up, and taken back down. Smith back to feet, and finally gets out after 27 sec, 0-1. Hall tries a single leg shot, kind of blocked by JoJo. Smith works an undertook and tries to get in, nothing. 30 sec left. End RT @ 27 sec for Hall

Per 3
Hall takes bottom. Spiral ride, but Hall stands and peels out in 10 sec, 1-1. Smith in on a double, Hall staves it off. Hall in, but Smith fights it off. Smith pulls in on Hall's head and controls the head. 1 min left. Hall shoots another single, blocked. Smith in on a double, but Hall avoids it. Hall in on a single, elevates, and brings him down in a cradle, 3-1. Gets 2 NF for a 5-1 win.

Wow, crazy finish after a great battle

Hall's 3rd Scuffle title, I believe

JoJo is very good. He just your definition of solid. Mark is just too tough to score on.

Got to give it to Hall. He knows what he is doing. Had a game plan. Stuck to it. Executed. And got the points when it counted. Perfect.

Reactions: mn78psu83
184 Final: Shakur Rasheed vs. Hunter Bolen (VT)

Per 1
Rasheed with the first action, as he nearly gets a single, but Bolen kicks out of it. Rasheed tries again, nothing. Collar ties. Nothing thru 2 min. End

Per 2
Rasheed takes bottom. To his feet and out in 5 sec, 1-0. Hands to face against Rasheed, so it's 1-1. Shak drops in on a double and gets the TD, 3-1. He tries to work under the arm, but nothing happens, and Bolen gets flattened. OOB with 1:06 left. Rasheed working from the left side. Bolen not doing a lot. Shak with a 1on1 tilt attempt, nothing. 1:27 in RT for Shak

Per 3
Bolen takes neutral. Lots of battling, but no real shots thru 1st min. Rasheed tries to get in on a leg, nothing. Rasheed outworking Bolen. End. With 1:27 in RT, it's a 4-1 DEC for Rasheed.

His 2nd Scuffle title

WHY

In the f*n would you even say that?!?
Dont get me wrong I appreciate everything hes done and will still do for the team. Not sure if number twos go to any tournaments second half of season.

ADVERTISEMENT