SOTU

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Was thinking about the upcoming SOTU address on my pre-dawn bike ride this morning.

Nearly every SOTU address since Ronald Reagan's in 1983 has included the phrase "the state of the Union is strong" or some variation thereof.

I wonder on what basis Biden would continue with this practice, or whether he will instead revert to the first time the formulation was used (by Gerald Ford): "The state of the union is not good."

Reactions: royboy

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Was thinking about the upcoming SOTU address on my pre-dawn bike ride this morning.

Nearly every SOTU address since Ronald Reagan's in 1983 has included the phrase "the state of the Union is strong" or some variation thereof.

I wonder on what basis Biden would continue with this practice, or whether he will instead revert to the first time the formulation was used (by Gerald Ford): "The state of the union is not good."
Come on man, you know better. The state of the union is strong. We've created more jobs in Joe's first year than at any time in history (because the shutdowns ended). We are respected by our international allies once again (because we give them stuff). We ended the seemingly endless war in Afghanistan (by surrendering and costing lives). And Joe promised to shut down the virus and he did (because it ran it's course).

Sleepy Joe probably won't say the parts in parentheses.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
It will be nothing other than a string of falsehoods. He's adept at lying.

They all are.

It brings to mind the passage in John 8:44: >>You belong to your father...He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.<<

The Lie is Dem-Media's native language, and the consciences of the Useful Idiots have long since become numb to it.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Considering it will be 2 months late...

Last edited: