ADVERTISEMENT

Sooooo, stopped at a red light

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Side road, four way light, major three lane highway with a history of terrible accidents.

As I and a car in front of me approaches a tractor tailor turns into side road so the car in front of me stopped 35-40 further back than normal so truck could make the turn. And the car just sits there waiting for light to change.

After waiting…..and waiting……and waiting….traffic on three lane finally stops. Traffic on other side proceeds through intersection…….and lights for the three lane go green and we never move!

Had to get out of car, walk up to car in front, and explain to the woman driving that she has to pull up to the proper spot so sensors can pick up her car and give us a green.

Walk back to my car, wait about a minute…..and magically our light turns green!

The joys of modern technology!🤷🏼‍♀️

I got a ticket in Bridger, MT last week. I had to continuously correct the cop. She said the ticket was for speeding. I kept insisting that it was for not slowing down quickly enough. The ticket was for 35 in a 25. I was in the process of slowing down from the previous legal speed of 70. I ended up contributing $50 to Bridger's revenue stream.

I got a ticket in Bridger, MT last week. I had to continuously correct the cop. She said the ticket was for speeding. I kept insisting that it was for not slowing down quickly enough. The ticket was for 35 in a 25. I was in the process of slowing down from the previous legal speed of 70. I ended up contributing $50 to Bridger's revenue stream.
70->25 is one hell of a drop.

Side road, four way light, major three lane highway with a history of terrible accidents.

As I and a car in front of me approaches a tractor tailor turns into side road so the car in front of me stopped 35-40 further back than normal so truck could make the turn. And the car just sits there waiting for light to change.

After waiting…..and waiting……and waiting….traffic on three lane finally stops. Traffic on other side proceeds through intersection…….and lights for the three lane go green and we never move!

Had to get out of car, walk up to car in front, and explain to the woman driving that she has to pull up to the proper spot so sensors can pick up her car and give us a green.

Walk back to my car, wait about a minute…..and magically our light turns green!

The joys of modern technology!🤷🏼‍♀️
For those in the Chesco/Delco region I had a similar experience to which you may relate.

During prolonged widening construction near the Rt 1/202/322 corridor there was a period of time with no lines on the road. We were trying to turn LEFT on Northbound 1 into the shopping center in Glen Mills where the Costco is.

Big, black fancy Suburban was in front of us and let at least 5 light cycles go by when we didn't get a green. My wife was wigging out, yelling that obviously they aren't close enough to the sensor, but there were no marks so it was confusing. It is a big intersection with at least 3 minute intervals for our turn...so 15 minutes or so went by.

When I said that I'd jump out and tell the driver she didn't like that option either
...chaos in traffic patterns, lotsa cars, potential road rage etc etc. Finally, I just jumped out and suggested dude move up. Poof...light turned. There was a parade behind us.

The lesson I learned was to look at Google maps for an alternate. If you turn at the Hill's Seafood/ Domimoes you can then make 2nd right onto Franklin, which jogs behind the shopping center to Costco. I will never go through that light going shopping again....saving potentially a day of life over the next 20-30 years!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT