ADVERTISEMENT

Something that hasn't been discussed, PSU has mixed in a ton of FR talent....

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
.....while playing a fairly experienced starting team. PSU has shown more depth & talent than most believed imho. The notion that PSU doesn't have any talent on the bench has been largely busted. I'm guessing there are quite a few b1g coaches who noticed the freshman PA-bred talent that PSU showed off at QB and RB. Think about the talent PA has produced at RB the last decade - Barkley, Sanders, Brown (who was only stopped by a life-threatening injury) and now Singleton.

Reactions: NedFromYork
.....while playing a fairly experienced starting team. PSU has shown more depth & talent than most believed imho. The notion that PSU doesn't have any talent on the bench has been largely busted. I'm guessing there are quite a few b1g coaches who noticed the freshman PA-bred talent that PSU showed off at QB and RB. Think about the talent PA has produced at RB the last decade - Barkley, Sanders, Brown (who was only stopped by a life-threatening injury) and now Singleton.
I'm even more thrilled that Franklin is getting these young guys significant playing time. Having young talent does nothing if you don't get them playing experience.

I'm even more thrilled that Franklin is getting these young guys significant playing time. Having young talent does nothing if you don't get them playing experience.
That is correct. I think that allowing early playing time might also be a way to fend off some kid's thinking about entering the portal. Since that option exists, sitting a kid for two years behind the starters is not going to fly all the time.

I'd throw in Kaytron Allen there...kid's going to be special

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT