ADVERTISEMENT

Someone Should Be Drawn and Quartered For That Mat Last Night

Hedonist1

Jun 16, 2016
Absolutely no excuse for those conditions! I think the durometer of the mat itself looked extra hard and glossy to begin with and not necessary the result of sweat. Maybe the humidity didn't help matters but it looked like a mat condition.

Someone may have had a nice lawsuit if injury would have occurred.

Absolutely no excuse for those conditions! I think the durometer of the mat itself looked extra hard and glossy to begin with and not necessary the result of sweat. Maybe the humidity didn't help matters but it looked like a mat condition.

Drawn and quartered?
drama-meme-2.png

Reactions: Dogwelder
You do wrestling outdoors, this kind of thing can happen. Sure the new shiny mat didn't help, but that was all mother nature's display last night. I say next time they just do it in a mud pit.

Excuse the ignorance, but just by piecing it together, were there some outdoor matches in the heat last night where it was hot and/or humid and the mats became greased with sweat?

Self edit: Yep, got my own answer.

Excuse the ignorance, but just by piecing it together, were there some outdoor matches in the heat last night where it was hot and/or humid and the mats became greased with sweat?
Beat the Streets, on a pier in NYC with 90% humidity. Especially the last 2-3 bouts (including Jordan Borroughs vs. Frank Chamizo) were majorly impacted by the wet mats that they couldn't keep dry. Dudes were slippin' and slidin' all over, and it is good no one got injured. But I don't really see it as anyone's fault--mother nature gonna do her thing.

Reactions: tikk10

Did you want a head coach to throw a chair onto the mat?

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Having actually had my hands on the mat last night, I agree with Resilite that last night's conditions would've occurred on any mat. There was a thin sheen of condensation on everything, including my camera. I also don't think that the event being on the pier over the water had anything more than a nominal effect, it was like that everywhere.

Beat the Streets, on a pier in NYC with 90% humidity. Especially the last 2-3 bouts (including Jordan Borroughs vs. Frank Chamizo) were majorly impacted by the wet mats that they couldn't keep dry. Dudes were slippin' and slidin' all over, and it is good no one got injured. But I don't really see it as anyone's fault--mother nature gonna do her thing.

83%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT