ADVERTISEMENT

Some Very Nice Pats Fans

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
So I’ve just arrived in Miami from Phily today and I’m having lunch in a Cuban restaurant waiting for my room to be ready to check in. I’ve got my newly purchased Eagles golf shirt on to celebrate the big win. An elderly woman comes up to my table to offer congratulations and start a nice conversation about the victory parade. She and her husband are from Mass. and big Pats fans. So I thought that was very gracious of them both - too bad we don’t see more if that in sports. After all, it’s only a game.

So I’ve just arrived in Miami from Phily today and I’m having lunch in a Cuban restaurant waiting for my room to be ready to check in. I’ve got my newly purchased Eagles golf shirt on to celebrate the big win. An elderly woman comes up to my table to offer congratulations and start a nice conversation about the victory parade. She and her husband are from Mass. and big Pats fans. So I thought that was very gracious of them both - too bad we don’t see more if that in sports. After all, it’s only a game.

I think 80-85% of fans are respectful.....but the 15-20% that are the assholes and cause the trouble are the ones you always hear about or have to deal with.

Sorta like watching the evening news. Good news is the rarity.....the news that leads off the broadcast and takes up most of the non-sports / weather segments is the bad news.

I think 80-85% of fans are respectful.....but the 15-20% that are the assholes and cause the trouble are the ones you always hear about or have to deal with.

Sorta like watching the evening news. Good news is the rarity.....the news that leads off the broadcast and takes up most of the non-sports / weather segments is the bad news.
Two things:

1) An elderly couple from Mass did not even know the patriots existed 18 years ago.

2) With Bahston fans, it’s more like 50-50%.

Two things:

1) An elderly couple from Mass did not even know the patriots existed 18 years ago.

2) With Bahston fans, it’s more like 50-50%.
These folks were long time Pats fans. We chatted with them a bit before we left. They seemed to be pretty passionate about their team. But they weren’t youngsters with too much testosterone to burn off.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Went to the Pennsylvania Derby a few years ago down at Parx (former Philadelphia Park Racetrack) and parked next to us was a van full of people from Mass who came down for the race (Cali Chrome was running, and got beaten by the way). Anyway, they were all big Pats fans and the NFL season was into its 3rd week or so by then and they were the coolest group of people to talk football with that you'd ever want to meet. We talked a little horse racing too but they represented real well as Pats supporters. They knew more about the Steelers and Eagles than some of the guys in our group. Enjoyed bs'ing with them. Anybody who would make that trip to Philly for one or two decent races on the Parx card is a sport any way you slice it. Everybody has their good and bad.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

If the Pats had won would you had done likewise?

These folks were long time Pats fans. We chatted with them a bit before we left. They seemed to be pretty passionate about their team. But they weren’t youngsters with too much testosterone to burn off.
Gino Cappiletti!

If the Pats had won would you had done likewise?

The bigger question is what would Hero17 have done?? I'm guessing Hero17 would have paid for their lunch in addition to congratulating them. Hero17 is such a great guy.

Don’t try and talk sense to player2bnamedl8r, his mind is made up. He probably still thinks Chris Mortensen’s tweet after the 2015 AFC Championship game is true...

Reactions: Mister Magoo
Don’t try and talk sense to player2bnamedl8r, his mind is made up. He probably still thinks Chris Mortensen’s tweet after the 2015 AFC Championship game is true...
Who’s Chris Mortensen? ;)

My opinion comes from my wife’s VERY new england family which has been here long enough to remember when the pats weren’t...and then when they did come, nobody gave chit about them until bill belichick invented the sport back in 2001.

So there’s that.

My opinion comes from my wife’s VERY new england family which has been here long enough to remember when the pats weren’t...and then when they did come, nobody gave chit about them until bill belichick invented the sport back in 2001.

So there’s that.
It must suck going through life knowing your wife is cooler than you are

So there’s that.
Hey Dumb-dumb

The Pats franchise was turned around when they brought Parcells in to coach in 93. What were the Stillers before 72? I believe the NFL existed a couple of years before that.

So there’s that.

Goes to show you that the Pats needed Paterno more in 1973 than Paterno needed the Pats.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
ADVERTISEMENT