ADVERTISEMENT

Some old Penn State photos from my family

wbcincy

Apr 4, 2003
Columbus
I was going through some items from the estates of my grandparents this weekend, and came across some items I thought fellow Penn State folks might enjoy:

KDR fraternity mid 30s:

V4skMDC.jpg

KDR fraternity late 30s:

WUpwyEN.jpg

Home-Economics majors late 30's:

45diQTv.jpg

Grandma wbcincy on lawn of Old Main circa late 30s:

KG7mHLE.jpg

Grandma wbcincy graduating late 30s:

ddLGWSC.jpg

Grandma wbcincy graduation late 30s, with German Shepherd, Queen, who attended all of grandpa wbcincy's classes and frequented the Rathskeller:

e7eBkko.jpg

Beaver Field graduation, at the old location near the Nittany Lion Inn I believe:

3hu8XmC.jpg

Beaver Field graduation 2:

1CQM9Vu.jpg

Grandma wbcincy at Old Main?

p0r57Bt.jpg

The Corner Room 1953:

dIgNGv1.jpg

And finally, grandma and grandpa wbcincy at his graduation late 30s. He would go on to Temple medical school, serve as a flight surgeon in the Pacific during WWII, and settle into a practice in Lock Haven:

9p7H82H.jpg

I also have some more photos of Bloomsburg and Highland Park in Pittsburgh in the 20s and Kittaning in the 40s I may post later for our PA people from those areas that might appreciate them..

I was going through some items from the estates of my grandparents this weekend, and came across some items I thought fellow Penn State folks might enjoy:

KDR fraternity mid 30s:

V4skMDC.jpg

KDR fraternity late 30s:

WUpwyEN.jpg

45diQTv.jpg

KG7mHLE.jpg

ddLGWSC.jpg

Grandma wbcincy graduation late 30s, with German Shepherd, Queen, who attended all of grandpa wbcincy's classes and frequented the Rathskeller:

e7eBkko.jpg

Beaver Field graduation, at the old location near the Nittany Lion Inn I believe:

3hu8XmC.jpg

1CQM9Vu.jpg

p0r57Bt.jpg

The Corner Room 1953:

dIgNGv1.jpg

And finally, grandma and grandpa wbcincy at his graduation late 30s. He would go on to Temple medical school, serve as a flight surgeon in the Pacific during WWII, and settle into a practice in Lock Haven:

9p7H82H.jpg

I also have some more photos of Bloomsburg and Highland Park in Pittsburgh in the 20s and Kittaning in the 40s I may post later for our PA people from those areas that might appreciate them..
Solid gold.

Reactions: wbcincy and LionJim
Great photos Cincy, to have and to cherish for a long time. Super neat.

We Are.

Reactions: wbcincy
Priceless. Love the old photos of PSU. Graduation at Beaver Field is unbelievable and was next to the water tower and NLI which was built in 1931.

Reactions: wbcincy

KDR fraternity mid 30s:

V4skMDC.jpg

KDR fraternity late 30s:

WUpwyEN.jpg

45diQTv.jpg

KG7mHLE.jpg

ddLGWSC.jpg

e7eBkko.jpg

3hu8XmC.jpg

1CQM9Vu.jpg

p0r57Bt.jpg

The Corner Room 1953:

dIgNGv1.jpg

9p7H82H.jpg

Cincinnati great pictures. A little piece of board knowledge you can see key board contributor Step Eng 69 in the first picture fifth person from the left bottom row. : )

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing these. It’s the connection many of us share across generations with good old State.

It was a great looking at every one of these.

Reactions: LionJim and wbcincy
Wonderful pictures and memories of your grandparents. I'm on board with Lion Jim....

LionJimWell-Known Member
Look at how she is looking at him in the last picture: she adores him. Thank you for sharing. A proud, accomplished family you come from, born of passion, hard work, and love.

Cincinnati great pictures. A little piece of board knowledge you can see key board contributor Step Eng 69 in the first picture fifth person from the left bottom row. : )
Just because my left hand is hidden behind the gal I'm sitting with, shouldn't suggest any engagement in sexually stimulating caressing and touching is happening.

YIKES, I hope the heck that isn't webcincy's grandmother I'm getting friendly with by doing a little back stroking. :oops:

Just because my left hand is hidden behind the gal I'm sitting with, shouldn't suggest any engagement in sexually stimulating caressing and touching is happening.

YIKES, I hope the heck that isn't webcincy's grandmother I'm getting friendly with by doing a little back stroking. :oops:

From the look on her face, I think you actually reached the girl two spots over.

Reactions: step.eng69

KDR fraternity mid 30s:

V4skMDC.jpg

KDR fraternity late 30s:

WUpwyEN.jpg

45diQTv.jpg

KG7mHLE.jpg

ddLGWSC.jpg

e7eBkko.jpg

3hu8XmC.jpg

1CQM9Vu.jpg

p0r57Bt.jpg

The Corner Room 1953:

dIgNGv1.jpg

9p7H82H.jpg

Great stuff sir!!! Thank you for sharing sir!!

But, I must ask wbcincy, just what the heck is that in Grandma's hair you think - in that one picture of her lying on the grass of Old Main sir??

Great stuff sir!!! Thank you for sharing sir!!

But, I must ask wbcincy, just what the heck is that in Grandma's hair you think - in that one picture of her lying on the grass of Old Main sir??

Large Blue Tulips arranged in a decorative head piece, during the after graduation festivities?

I was going to say that the only pics more interesting might have been Sir Nittany Ziggy’s lineup of conquests from his time at dear Old State but I thought that would have been disrespectful. But now that you’ve weighed in....

I’d love to see that lineup for sure fine sir.
While Zig was no slouch, your giving me waaaayyyy too much credit MISTER mrtailgate! This reminds me of the Paul Simon song:
If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match
My sweet imagination
Everything looks worse in black and white
Kodakchroooooooooooommmmmmmeeee!

While Zig was no slouch, your giving me waaaayyyy too much credit MISTER mrtailgate! This reminds me of the Paul Simon song:
If you took all the girls I knew
When I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match
My sweet imagination
Everything looks worse in black and white
Kodakchroooooooooooommmmmmmeeee!

But at least some of them became Three Stooges fans for life! One of the benefits of coming into the Ziggster’s orbit was obtaining a fine appreciation for Shemp and the rest of the boys.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
ADVERTISEMENT